Page 474 of 626 FirstFirst ... 374424464470471472473474475476477478484524574 ... LastLast
Results 7,096 to 7,110 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If anybody is interested this was from Marvel comics #1001
    Jean appeared on Beast and Storm stories
    Jean with short hair looks so young
    Attachment 87789
    Jean's appearance on Storm's story was weird
    Attachment 87790
    it is really lookin glike Jeen, specially the yellow X on the shirt.

why would Jean be happy that storm is gone? WTF

BANNED

So from my reading, I don't think beer fighting is over. I think the scene is meant to show that even this particular 4some was having a peaceful, celebratory night. And that's a good thing. Polyamory would be a copout. Definitive decisions should be made.

BANNED

Polyamory is a definitive decision!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    So from my reading, I don't think beer fighting is over. I think the scene is meant to show that even this particular 4some was having a peaceful, celebratory night. And that's a good thing. Polyamory would be a copout. Definitive decisions should be made.
    It would be like they killed jean for so long for absolutely nothing. No to polyamor

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I feel bad for SilverFang he/she has made me sympathise a with Sabretooth but yeah Jean was badass.
    Hickman remembered that Jean can be strong.

I don't know if she will be on POX#6 (she is on the cover though) so her next appearance will take a while.
    Attachment 87782
    But I'm hyped for X-force, I never imagined her on a team like that.
    but at the same time she is one of the "good" characters there along with Beast so who knows what her role will be there.
    I don't want her to kill people but I don't think she should be passive there either
    Same. Sorry, SilverFang!

It was a badass moment though. I am looking forward to seeing how she works with the special ops portion of X-Force, especially after what she expressed at the Council in today's issue. There's probably going to be some nice tension there.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    it is really lookin glike Jeen, specially the yellow X on the shirt.

why would Jean be happy that storm is gone? WTF
    Is this when Storm lost her powers? Maybe Jean is relieved that Storm won't be putting her life at risk anymore?
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Is this when Storm lost her powers? Maybe Jean is relieved that Storm won't be putting her life at risk anymore?
    Its out of continuity. Storm got her powers back by the time Jubilee and Gambit had joined the X-men and Jean was wearing that costume. Jean never interacted with a depowered Storm as the X-men thought she was still dead

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its out of continuity. Storm got her powers back by the time Jubilee and Gambit had joined the X-men and Jean was wearing that costume. Jean never interacted with a depowered Storm as the X-men thought she was still dead
    so that vignette is just poor writing, because yeah I can't remember Jean and Storm ever being in a situation where they had attitude like that toward each other.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Polyamory is a definitive decision!
    to be perfectly fair to the people in this thread discussions about the "four" should probably be taken to the dedicated thread for that:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...gan-Discussion

Sorry, I don't want to be the thread police, I just know some people don't like that discussion in this thread.

I’m hoping this means the triangle is over and all the characters involve can move on. It’s time.
    First X-Lady

I know there’s still a lot of debate on the boards about the whole quadrangle thing (personally, for now, I choose to view it as the four of them leaving the past in the past and moving on and looking towards a bright new future as civil level-headed people) but the main point I wanna discuss is how BADASS Jean was in this issue when telepathically “gagging” Sabretooth. Like, shock, horror! Hickman actually wrote her WELL and relatively in-character for once! This is the fiery, fierce Jean I’ve been missing in the comics. Refreshing to see Hickman finally writing Jean as confident and ballsy rather than meek and helpless. Hope to see this trend continue when the new creative team takes over writing Jean on X-Force.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Yeah, Jean in this issue was actually pretty great. I'm happy about that.

As for the "beer," the way I see it is the four of them moving on as opposed to being together. Logan was friendly with Scott and Jean, just that, friendly. Emma and Jean certainly didn't look intimate and the look she gave Scott wasn't flirtatious or anything like that, just presumably happy that HE was happy. And Logan and Emma didn't interact at all. The only ones that seemed close like that were Scott and Jean.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Jean just keeps piling up the wins against that sadistic meat sack.

I'm glad Jean got that moment to help wash away the "Try harder Marvel Girl" scene

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah, Jean in this issue was actually pretty great. I'm happy about that.

As for the "beer," the way I see it is the four of them moving on as opposed to being together. Logan was friendly with Scott and Jean, just that, friendly. Emma and Jean certainly didn't look intimate and the look she gave Scott wasn't flirtatious or anything like that, just presumably happy that HE was happy. And Logan and Emma didn't interact at all. The only ones that seemed close like that were Scott and Jean.
    I love speculating that it's more, I really do. But I completely agree that in context from the actual issue I would say that everyone was just putting the past behind them and moving on in friendship and common cause.

Yeah, besides the Sabretooth thing, I also like that she was the one to come up with the law of not killing humans. And she acted very assertive throughout the whole thing.