Page 478 of 626 FirstFirst ... 378428468474475476477478479480481482488528578 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Who do you guys/girls think is the strongest enemy Jean could defeat on her own?
    This is tricky because almost any situation is going to have qualifiers

For example teen jean kept galactus at bay. But people could say “it’s only because she had the Phoenix nearby to siphon from.”

She also held her own against ultimate dr. doom. That was a pretty formidable foe without any qualifiers.

I honestly think there aren’t many foes jean couldnt beat if she’s giving it her all. Aside from regressive characterization and writing, the only thing thag usually holds jean back is her morality / trepidation
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Jean also telekinetically blocked a punch from Black Bolt while protecting Rachel in the X-Men Red Annual

What's his physical strength like?
    yeah a shield. That and transport are her primary uses of TK these days.

Who do you guys/girls think is the strongest enemy Jean could defeat on her own?
    Depends on what toys she's being allowed to play with.

Baseline? She could probably drop a Mister Sinister or recent nerfed Apocalypse. Basically any usual X-threat she can handle by herself, but then again the same could be said for most of the TP/TK brigade.

Pink Form? Cosmic threats become easier, and obviously the more psionic energy the better. As shown, a weakened Galactus or an Odin are beatable.

Phoenix? Barely anything scratches her period. She nopes fully powered Galactus in her sleep, and tells full War God Cyttorak to **** off. Hence why the bird isn't around much.

Wonder what area on the map Jean will be operating out of. Since she has Xavier’s helmet on a cover maybe the House of X, the Wild Hunt or the Oracle?
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    Don’t forget about this tk feat in Red. Levitating a large chunk of building underwater, probably made even more difficult when you take into account the pressure and weight of the water surrounding her.

Attachment 87869
    Along with protection from the deep ocean pressure, it looks like she's providing a semi-permeable sheath for breathing...because it looks too thin to have much air on it's own

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I remember Jeen manipulating oxygen to keep everybody alive on space for a while on No more humans
    I'm sure her adult self did it before but I can't remember at the moment
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-03-2019 at 04:02 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I remember Jeen manipulating oxygen to keep everybody alive on space for a while on No more humans
    I'm sure her adult self did it before but I can't remember at the moment
    Yeah, even without the Phoenix adult Jean has been able to fly in space unaided because she can recycle oxygen molecules.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I really wish Mike Carey could write Jean again. He gave us such creative uses of Jean's abilities. Along with gathering oxygen within that field, she also stopped Psylocke from hearing Lorelei's voice, and prevented her from being under her control.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, that is what I was talking about
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Yeah, even without the Phoenix adult Jean has been able to fly in space unaided because she can recycle oxygen molecules.
    I know this is a comic, and so the science has to be so thin it can be spread on crackers, but there are literally dozens of reasons why that shouldn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I really wish Mike Carey could write Jean again. He gave us such creative uses of Jean's abilities. Along with gathering oxygen within that field, she also stopped Psylocke from hearing Lorelei's voice, and prevented her from being under her control.
    But I thought Lorelei's powers only affected males? Has something changed?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    But I thought Lorelei's powers only affected males? Has something changed?
    I believe this was an AU version. So perhaps that's why her powers could potentially affect Betsy. I think the story featured a number of Brotherhood members from various worlds, but its been a bit since I've read it.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    he wanted to bring her back, he seemed to be interested on her story.

BANNED