Page 491 of 626 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 9381
    Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Here's a Scott and Jean commission from nycc. Just had to get a Jean in this costume by Sabine Rich as I love her work. I can't get over how sultry Jean looks here.

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Right now I’m leaning towards your point of view as well. Since Hickman started no writer/editor has really brought Jean up unless asked. Only they said was Jean would wear the helmet.
    I think I worded poorly. I never read Percy and he is new to x-men books, but he seems solid. he was the one that said about thehelmet

on other side, like u said writers/editor never talk about Jean.

There is a bunch of question on Jean's costume and characterization, let's see if Hickman pick up and seriously answer them

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Here's a Scott and Jean commission from nycc. Just had to get a Jean in this costume by Sabine Rich as I love her work. I can't get over how sultry Jean looks here.
    Love how she drew Jean’s forehead piece.
    First X-Lady

Marvel on X-Force

Jean Grey uses her vast psionic abilities to keep an eye out for trouble coming against the mutant community. The founding member of the X-Men has mind abilities that rival even those of Professor X, though he's plenty busy guiding the fate of mutantkind. Upon returning from the dead recently, Jean found herself saddened by the lack of progress made between mutants and humans, even working towards a mutant nation before Charles did the same thing with Krakoa. Now, she's striving to make up for lost time, and her work begins with X-Force.
    First X-Lady

Astonishing Member

Marvel on X-Force
    Good that their acknowledging X-Men Red and glad to see Jean is still striving for her dream in Red too.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/bd74fea4...be88e77e44.jpg
    Always enjoy your commissions. Thank you for sharing!

Marvel on X-Force
    Like the synopsis about Jean. The oracle who see's all vibe is cool.

BANNED

They’ve basically given the older XMen like Xavier, Moira, Emma, and Magneto more prominent roles since this is reconceptualizing the XMen from the beginning.

So people from Jean’s generation have not had much focus.

That doesn’t mean things are bad for Jean just because she is not at the center of every storyline. Other characters have to be focused on too.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    They’ve basically given the older XMen like Xavier, Moira, Emma, and Magneto more prominent roles since this is reconceptualizing the XMen from the beginning.

So people from Jean’s generation have not had much focus.

That doesn’t mean things are bad for Jean just because she is not at the center of every storyline. Other characters have to be focused on too.
    Older X-men? Emma? First that she was created latert han Jean and they have all the same age.
    we all know why she has a bigger role. Xavier and Magneto were there sinc ethe beggining and Moira is the plot device to make Krakoa works

Marvel on X-Force
    Who make this character description did the homework, I wonder if Jean wanting to do a mutant nation will ever came out on the future x-books
    no one reading HOXPOX has any idea what Jean did on Red

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I am hopeful of Jean's role in X-force and I am hopeful she makes many appearances in the main X-men book. She may even appear in other books (who knows). In the preview pages for X-men 1 you see Jean in the first page (the intro page and she appears without the mask).

I am very excited for the X-men these days. I feel the excitement level similar to when Grant Morrison's New X-men was coming out. I get excited for and anticipate new comic book days. It feels good to be excited about the X-men again. As most of you know I was not a big fan of Hickman's portrayal of Jean (thus far) and I do think we have right to be cautious. But I have to say overall I loved HOX/POX and I think good things are coming our way.
    On certain things Hickman has picked up and improved from the Morrison run.

I am happy to see him reconceptualize.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Love how she drew Jean’s forehead piece.
    Yeah alot of the time it's drawn weird or not at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Always enjoy your commissions. Thank you for sharing!
    No problem, love sharing beautiful pieces I've gotten
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 10-11-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

They always miss a lot of the nuance when they explain Jean's history especially the connection with the Phoenix. But luckily we know at least a part of Jean's consciousness was in there with the Phoenix-Jean merger and that she later got the consciousness and memories back. Jean's history is too convoluted to just put down to one page. The same can be said of Besty and Kwannon as well.

Sometimes I like Jean's complex history. She really is the Laura Spencer of the X-world (if you get the pop culture reference to the GH character).

I can't wait for X-men 1 though I suspect Jean will only have a small role in the first issue and hopefully a bigger role in the second.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    They always miss a lot of the nuance when they explain Jean's history especially the connection with the Phoenix. But luckily we know at least a part of Jean's consciousness was in there with the Phoenix-Jean merger and that she later got the consciousness and memories back. Jean's history is too convoluted to just put down to one page. The same can be said of Besty and Kwannon as well.

Sometimes I like Jean's complex history. She really is the Laura Spencer of the X-world (if you get the pop culture reference to the GH character).

I can't wait for X-men 1 though I suspect Jean will only have a small role in the first issue and hopefully a bigger role in the second.
    I always wonder why AvX went so horribly wrong, and then I see every piece of glossing over Jean's connection to the Phoenix be "unstable killing machine with no tangible benefit" and realize what went wrong.

How do Jean’s powers merely “rival” Xavier’s yet Hickman himself is the one who established the meaning of omega level mutants and listed jean as an omega levels telepath.

Also calling her telepathy “mind powers” is hilarious. That x-force description sounds like a joke tbh.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

The way Rodriguez adds the face and has Phoenix's chicken hands holding the two Jeans is god-tier.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate