Page 5 of 626 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

I used to love this art as a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I think it's another aspect from something Jean fans are way too familiar with: the 90s animated series. In that, Apocalypse was an extinction level threat every single time he showed up, including straight up killing the entire team once. But his showings in the actual comic have never hit those heights, partially because he (similar to Juggernaut) makes an easy Worf target.
    Oh yeah IA. I remember people getting hyped when he was announced as the villian for the movie but I knew it would suck bc Apocalypse isnt that great in the source material. Lo and behold, he sucks in the film, which wasnt much of a surpise bc he's just not that great of a character. The cartoon has defintely clouded people's vision

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    I used to love this art as a kid.

Where are these images from? They do not look like the ones I have from the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas. The artwork is terrific!

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Where are these images from? They do not look like the ones I have from the Phoenix/Dark Phoenix sagas. The artwork is terrific!
    They're from the "What if? X-Men: Wedding Album"

Incredible Member

If I remember well it's a What If at the same time as the wedding of Scott and Jean.
    Ninja'd

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    They're from the "What if? X-Men: Wedding Album"
    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    If I remember well it's a What If at the same time as the wedding of Scott and Jean.
    Ninja'd
    Thank you guys!

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

In many ways the Pink form is a Phoenix replacement, just without the cosmic baggage or the interpretation that it is a separate force/entity/being. It allows her to power/level up to or near her foe's power-level, she draws on the psychic energy of others (similar to how the Phoenix Force has been said to draw from the psychic energy of every living being and/or future unborn), and it has allowed her to become a being of pure psionic energy and reconstitute herself (this parallels the original explanation for Phoenix given in UXM 125) when she beat the Poisons and effectively resurrected herself. She has also used it as a power/threat/dominance display similar to how she has used the phoenix raptor before. Also learning about Phoenix/Dark Phoenix and being shown footage of Dark Phoenix in Trial of Jean Grey allowed her to look in herself to discover this new application of her power to begin with.

Since she absorbed some of the Phoenix Force's energies with it in Generations, she can also create a pink phoenix raptor (of course Adult Jean could also create a pink psychic raptor). So really, with the pink form she doesn't even need the Phoenix Force anymore. She can have its best qualities without the baggage. Claremont was going to make her a Phoenix on her own without the Force in Revolution and now they could really do it with Teen Jean's development. Past-Adult Jean even called them "two Phoenixes" with her having the Phoenix Force and Teen Jean having her Pink form in Generations Phoenix. I doubt if they will continue this direction though. They never do what makes sense with what they have set up.

I agree that ground rules would be good and it should be something used from time to time and not a constant. But if Angel can power up to Archangel, I don't see why Jean can't power up to Pink mode. Maybe a limit could be that she can't sustain the pink form for very long or that it taxes or hurts her body. Both Nate Grey and Xorn-Jean grew so powerful that their powers were killing their physical bodies so maybe the threat of that could limit Jean. Her power levels could also be limited by who she is around or fighting against. Maybe if there aren't that many people around and/or the mutants around her aren't that powerful--maybe she doesn't get that much energy.

This is kinda unrelated but here is a pic of Marvel Girl-Jean from the original days levitating multiple steal beams (from [Uncanny] X-Men #36). Angel acknowledges that Jean's powers have grown. Although Jean admits some strain it does show that she wasn't as weak as some think back then. Her growing powers was always a part of her character too.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The cartoon has defintely clouded people's vision
    True, but man his speeches and over the top hamminess were amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Bean (Jean/Bishop shipper name) from X-Men #47. She is really just pulling him aside to tell him something and is not actually wrapping her arm around his. It just looks that way. I think they look great together and could make an interesting pair.

I prefer Greyshop
    She is totally feeling his pecs

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh yeah IA. I remember people getting hyped when he was announced as the villian for the movie but I knew it would suck bc Apocalypse isnt that great in the source material. Lo and behold, he sucks in the film, which wasnt much of a surpise bc he's just not that great of a character. The cartoon has defintely clouded people's vision
    if only he choose to be a makeover person on a TV show

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean as Xavier's body guard in [Uncanny] X-Men #42...

I may have posted these some time back, I can't remember, but I just have such a fondness for this era.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Jean as Xavier's body guard in [Uncanny] X-Men #42...

I may have posted these some time back, I can't remember, but I just have such a fondness for this era.
    They're so great to see, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    They're so great to see, thank you!
    Yes, and I like seeing how powerful Jean was even back then!

Yes, and I like seeing how powerful Jean was even back then!
    She's always been a marvel....girl. I'm sorry, that's terrible but I couldn't resist.

Not feeing Silva's Jean today