Page 51 of 626 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It's the most probable case.

Also for good or bad i think it is better to leave race out of this. They are just people
    Arguing for “colour blindness” in comics that are analogues for racism?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Arguing for “colour blindness” in comics that are analogues for racism?
    Of course not but I feel like treating things different for any condition is a form of discrimination, but that's just me. Not making a difference is a sign of equality. We can all be different but being treated equally is what matters.

Also there was enough controversy this morning about this and this is a topic in which i'm definitely not well versed. i can only voice my personal opinion, which could be wrong. so i won't touch it anymore

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Does Bishop really go to jail for kissing Jean? Are the writers intentionally evoking the history of black men being punished on behalf of white women?
    Unintentionally, more likely. X-Man does outlaw love in hid world after all, no matter who's involved. That's why Kurt's affair with Meggan will bite him in the tail, as the pregnancy in the X-Tremists will be a relevant plot point.

BANNED

What if Meggan is actually pregnant in 616 with Nightcrawler's kid after this? Time for Auntie Jean?

I don't think any baby from age of x-man or the nightcrawler affair are going to carry over the original universe. Jean also already has a really complicated family tree.

People will complain no matter what, if she is single, with Scott, logan, bishop, whatever. It's better to don't worry about it.
    I think she could actually clone and Marry herself and people would still be unhappy.

Excuse me..gonna go write some fanfiction.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I think she could actually clone and Marry herself and people would still be unhappy.
    Haha, yeah good point. Also hey it's Skarlet.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post

Excuse me..gonna go write some fanfiction.
    So MaddiexJean?

I don't think any baby from age of x-man or the nightcrawler affair are going to carry over the original universe. Jean also already has a really complicated family tree.
    Jean has 3 kids but she didn't give birth to any kid. She is cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    There have been many instances of Bishop abd Hean interacting, esocually in Xtreme Xmen. They do have co-worker histiry and inyeractions and Hean “showed” hersekf to Bishop in Morrisins run, but as for any flirtatiins etc, i am not sure, i dintvrecall anybreal sexual chenistry. But kets see how it develops. Any AU reakky is blank slate fir writers to set up any situation between the characters they want. Whether it will have an imosct once they come back to real universe is another matter.
    Jean was married, so flirtations were off table. I think the AU is good to get the slate clean, I don't think Jean or Bishop would let themselves go into a relationship on proper 616 so easily.
    For sure I would prefer if it was on 616, but it is already a miracle marvel is giving Jean another romance. It never happened before

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Unintentionally, more likely. X-Man does outlaw love in hid world after all, no matter who's involved. That's why Kurt's affair with Meggan will bite him in the tail, as the pregnancy in the X-Tremists will be a relevant plot point.
    All I can say is that I really really really hope it’s intentional or what they’re going for is gonna feel icky (and I kinda like Jean and Bishop for this AU)

BANNED

Rumor is that there will be a Dark Phoenix trailer on Tues or Weds. Let's hope for something good and exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean was married, so flirtations were off table. I think the AU is good to get the slate clean, I don't think Jean or Bishop would let themselves go into a relationship on proper 616 so easily.
    For sure I would prefer if it was on 616, but it is already a miracle marvel is giving Jean another romance. It never happened before
    And on this too, let's hope for something good and exciting!

2019: The Grey Year

I hope 2019 is good but Jean totally rocked 2018. It was mostly about her return and her leading, that's hard to top

So MaddiexJean?

"My Mom is a clone of the woman she married who also happens to be the woman that raised me." - Nathan Summers

Meh still not as weird as Nate x Maddie.

My apologies as I know the thread has moved on from the discussion of Jean's empathic abilities but they got me thinking so I did a little check. I was curious what other prominent x-telepaths have empathic abilities and, at least according to Marvel.wikia, apparently not many.

I checked Jean's page as well as the pages for Emma Frost, the Cuckoos, Psylocke, Professor X, Cable, and Nate Grey to compare their powers. Jean is the only one that has Empathy listed as a specific power/skill that she has. It even lists it as an ability wholely separate from her telepathy, same as with her telekinesis. That could make sense since thoughts and emotions are intertwined but are still seperate things. You'd think empathy would be more common among telepaths but it seems to not be the case.

It is interesting that Cable and X-Man, both progeny from Jean's DNA, don't share her empathic skills. Rachel, however, DOES have Empathy listed as one of her abilities, which I was unaware of until now.

Just some food for thought.