Page 511 of 626 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Hope, Quentin and Rachel are very much around...The cynic in me feels any one of them could usurp her role as the prime Phoenix host, if Hickman so chose
    Wasn't Rachel drawn as the host in the hox/pox promo poster?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    Wasn't Rachel drawn as the host in the hox/pox promo poster?
    Yes, It was Rachel. We don't know anything yet but Jean will surely be involved anyway

BANNED

The Phoenix makes Jean too competent and confident.

Hope, Quentin and Rachel are very much around...The cynic in me feels any one of them could usurp her role as the prime Phoenix host, if Hickman so chose
    QQQ already told the bird to screw off. Considering his experience, hard to blame him.

Rachel has more possibility, simply because she's the only host to still have a positive idea of the Phoenix. Everyone else is either scared of it, hates it, or both.

I finally read X-Men 1 and I'm mixed on the issue. There were things that I liked: Cyclops, Polaris, Storm, and the Orchis villains. Yes, I do find them rather interesting at this point.
    Jean was ok for what she was involved. I'm hoping we get some good Jean moments next issue (assuming she is on the mission with them and it is not just Scott, Cable, and Rachel) and she should have some in X-force.
    Some of the humor in this issue fell kind of flat for me or just seemed off.

Jean fans stop being god damn PRUDES lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    The Phoenix makes Jean too competent and confident.
    You can't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Jean fans stop being god damn PRUDES lmfao
    It doesn't have anything to do with being prude. People just want good characterization

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    QQQ already told the bird to screw off. Considering his experience, hard to blame him.

Rachel has more possibility, simply because she's the only host to still have a positive idea of the Phoenix. Everyone else is either scared of it, hates it, or both.
    I'd like to see Jean come around on the Phoenix. I wish they had her viewing the Phoenix the way she did in Morrison's run. But who knows what will happen. Jean denied the Phoenix this last time and the story reason seemed to be she was tired of being in a cycle of death and rebirth but now she is in one again due to Xavier and his resurrection process/protocols.

I just want to see Jean be strong, confident, powerful without being too powerful, and have a strong resolve and presence when she's in the books. This may be too much to ask. Though Hickman may have plans for Jean, so we might just have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    I finally read X-Men 1 and I'm mixed on the issue. There were things that I liked: Cyclops, Polaris, Storm, and the Orchis villains. Yes, I do find them rather interesting at this point.
    Jean was ok for what she was involved. I'm hoping we get some good Jean moments next issue (assuming she is on the mission with them and it is not just Scott, Cable, and Rachel) and she should have some in X-force.
    Some of the humor in this issue fell kind of flat for me or just seemed off.
    the punchlines for jokes were mostly unfunny. But the issue all felt off

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post

The Phoenix isn't known for taking no for an answer.

I wish Hickman waited longer before even mentioning the Phoenix, especially after Jean so prominently separating herself from it(and its baggage)

hahaha you never know...don't be so sure it will be Jean

The Phoenix isn't known for taking no for an answer.

I wish Hickman waited longer before even mentioning the Phoenix, especially after Jean so prominently separating herself from it(and its baggage)
    Hickman likes to play the long game with his stories, right? He may be planting seeds for stories that are still quite a ways off. I think Hickman could do great things with Jean as Phoenix but due to how Rosenberg resolved Jean and Phoenix it would be hard to do. I do hope they have some kind of plan for Jean. She is an omega mutant and so far she's been rather lack luster (other than her tp communication from 93 million miles away or whatever).

So far Hickman's voice for Scott is very good. I just want that type of voice for Jean or Storm or Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Hickman likes to play the long game with his stories, right? He may be planting seeds for stories that are still quite a ways off. I think Hickman could do great things with Jean as Phoenix but due to how Rosenberg resolved Jean and Phoenix it would be hard to do. I do hope they have some kind of plan for Jean. She is an omega mutant and so far she's been rather lack luster (other than her tp communication from 93 million miles away or whatever).

So far Hickman's voice for Scott is very good. I just want that type of voice for Jean or Storm or Polaris.
    Hickman has been ignoring a lot of things, so he can ignore Rosenberg if he wants.

Also he has to write a characterization for Jean, stop hinting on a poliamor and start writing for the character

It looks like Jean is banging both Scott AND Logan.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Let's be honest: Logan and Scott are banging, not Jean and Logan. :P
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey