Page 517 of 626 FirstFirst ... 17417467507513514515516517518519520521527567617 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,755 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    All psychics should be able to make psychic weaponry, Jean included. Period.
    Interesting. Got a weapon in mind?

BANNED

I'd rather they gave each character their own twist to duplicate powers. Ok sure, give Jean TK and TP, but she should be an atom bomb so that she has to be careful when using her powers so as not to scatter everyone's atoms. Make Betsy low-level TK in terms of not being able to throw heavy stuff and zip through the air, but let her "focus the totality" of her power into weapons. Have Quire need to focus to use his powers in ways besides his guns.

Keeps things interesting and keeps everyone iconic. We don't need Jean making butterfly siggys or katana or whatever. It'd be like giving Jubilee the ability to charge up things like Gambit.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 10-17-2019 at 09:41 PM.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Interesting. Got a weapon in mind?
    I don't think that Jean should inherently have a specialization in this particular skill - just that she should be able to do it if she so chooses especially when her teen self was taught how to. If they don't want to use the pink form but want to recognize that era happened for Jean, they could use this.

But also? I can see Jean using a rapier or a whip.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

So you’re talking astral plane weaponry rather than Betsy’s pink lantern TK?

For me it’s easier the less brand-central each is.
    Kwannon = katana
    Betsy = claymore
    Emma = rapier
    Shan = naginata
    Danielle = longbow
    Jono = barbed-wire-wrapped-baseball-bat
    Nathan = big weird rifle
    Rachel = fiery brass knuckles
    Quentin Quire = ?
    Jean =
    Xavier =

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

No - I'm definitely referring to psychic construct weaponry ala Betsy's sword/shield, Kwannon's katana, and Quentin's gun.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    No - I'm definitely referring to psychic construct weaponry ala Betsy's sword/shield, Kwannon's katana, and Quentin's gun.
    I want Jean to use a flamethrower and go batshit crazy with it
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

With Sabretooth being “imprisoned” in Krakoa’s bowels, do you think any other xmen are there? Maybe original Jean and others, hence all the current xmen being pseudo clones with edited memories? So maybe the originals are not dead just imprisoned.......

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    With Sabretooth being “imprisoned” in Krakoa’s bowels, do you think any other xmen are there? Maybe original Jean and others, hence all the current xmen being pseudo clones with edited memories? So maybe the originals are not dead just imprisoned.......
    it would really be a lame cop out
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    It really is a good theory, in the end the originals and the clones face Xavier or whoever is the bad guy of this history.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    It really is a good theory, in the end the originals and the clones face Xavier or whoever is the bad guy of this history.
    Do they also sing a song and start dancing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'd rather they gave each character their own twist to duplicate powers. Ok sure, give Jean TK and TP, but she should be an atom bomb so that she has to be careful when using her powers so as not to scatter everyone's atoms. Make Betsy low-level TK in terms of not being able to throw heavy stuff and zip through the air, but let her "focus the totality" of her power into weapons. Have Quire need to focus to use his powers in ways besides his guns.

Keeps things interesting and keeps everyone iconic. We don't need Jean making butterfly siggys or katana or whatever. It'd be like giving Jubilee the ability to charge up things like Gambit.
    I agree with this idea, keeping everyone slightly different, with Jean being an atom bomb!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I want Jean to use a flamethrower and go batshit crazy with it
    Yes, I would love that, but she shouldn't need to make a weapon for that. She should be able to summon psychic fire on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yes, I would love that, but she shouldn't need to make a weapon for that. She should be able to summon psychic fire on her own.
    Even better

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Atom bomb Jean is my favorite Jean.

Never forget