Page 519 of 626 FirstFirst ... 19419469509515516517518519520521522523529569619 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Again, that's not a source, but we've had that conversation. There's no evidence he OMD'd Jean and Scott AFAIK.
    That was all on Morrison and Quesada was ok with the pitch. If morrison had other pitch, this wouldn't happen

They went out of their way to destroyed Jean and Scott's marriage. Why does it seem like now Marvel is slowly bringing them back together???
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    They went out of their way to destroyed Jean and Scott's marriage. Why does it seem like now Marvel is slowly bringing them back together???
    Nostalgia. Status quo. Going for a redemption character arc for their relationship. Pick a reason.

Hickman's Jean is going to tripping over rocks a lot in battle so she needs it
    haha

someone post that old comic that jean put a wood on a hole so she won't trip

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Doesn't Quesada lose his job with Fiege in charge?
    I hope he does he has already caused enough trouble to Jean's character
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-19-2019 at 04:50 PM.

I'd update the look by losing the head gear and making the gloves all gold.

This costume always felt like a fusion of her x-factor, 90's and phoenix costumes to me

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Doesn't Quesada lose his job with Fiege in charge?
    I hope he does he has already caused enough trouble to Jean's character
    Feige took over Quesada, but Quesada still has a creative rol as EVP

BANNED

What Quesada has said on at least one occasion is that Jean Grey couldn't come back because Scott was with Emma. It stuck out as doubly interesting because the question in the interview wasn't about bringing her back to break up Scott and Emma.

Double-whammy of nostalgia and bringing things to simplicity. People having broken up and moved on is a complicated subject.

Very often companies undo their decisions, superman and lois got their marriage back after new52 ended. Peter Parker and MJ are back dating.
    I really not sure what marvel wants, th epoliamori really looks like only teasing specially with Feige

I think that is just Hickman teasing his polywhatever.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Nostalgia. Status quo. Going for a redemption character arc for their relationship. Pick a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Double-whammy of nostalgia and bringing things to simplicity. People having broken up and moved on is a complicated subject.
    Here is the thing Marvel has zero love for their relationship, if they cared they wouldn't have fucked things up so hard for long.
    That being said, Scott and Jean have always had a big story and priority on their interactions since issue one, even on Morrison when breaking up, with the teens and now that both are alive after this good and bad things (love triangles included). so even if some like it or hate it those characters always interact like that, that has always been part of who they are to each other. When in the story of the X-men isn't anything between them? (even on Morrison the drama is that they were breaking up).
    Marvel treating the relationship a bit better is not getting them together, is just not being trash for a little while anyway. That is not nostalgia, their love drama has always been part of the X-men since issue one to this day. They will probably never be the couple they were but their love drama is never going to stop being part of how they see each other, the x-men are a soap opera.

And they aren't getting together anyway (though i would like it but it isn't happenig)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-19-2019 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What Quesada has said on at least one occasion is that Jean Grey couldn't come back because Scott was with Emma. It stuck out as doubly interesting because the question in the interview wasn't about bringing her back to break up Scott and Emma.
    It was pretty telling what he thought about Jean character and the reason she couldn't come back.

This seems only a problem for Jean

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It was pretty telling what he thought about Jean character and the reason she couldn't come back.
    Marvel broke up Scott and Emma before Jean came back. Relationships failling are kind of Marvel's thing. They didn't need Jean for that at the end. In fact they don't even care now that Jean is alive and may do it again. So scemma was not the reason
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-19-2019 at 07:18 PM.

BANNED

That depends on the relationship and the era. Scott and Jean were the first couple of the X-Men and inviolate for over a decade, and years of legendary story and romance before that. Scott and Emma also had quite a long and respectable run.

IMO: I suspect Marvel today knows Scott and Jean's romance has a huge generational fanbase and so they use it and capitalize on it, but I personally suspect they also find it boring without some kind of change or wrinkle. I am in agreement with them on this take, personally. I think that's why we're seeing Hickman allowed to potentially explore polyamory. It gives many fanbases some new spice and excitement. YMMV.

And I am biased, as I have never been a big fan of Scott and Jean together so I may be full of ****. I was the guy who thought Jean and Gambit had serious chemistry together early in the Revolution run when he and Rogue were broken up and Scott was dead. And it would've been so interesting IMO for Jean to get with a 'bad boy' from a very different generation of X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Marvel broke up Scott and Emma before Jean came back. Relationships failling are kind of Marvel's thing. They didn't need Jean for that at the end. In fact they don't even care now that Jean is alive and may do it again. So scemma was not the reason
    how Scemma wasn't the reason? Quesada spelled out that Jean wasn't coming back because he thought Scemma was doing well

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    how Scemma wasn't the reason? Quesada spelled out that Jean wasn't coming back because he thought Scemma was doing well
    Because at the end of the day Marvel doesn't care about any relationships. They think of them as liabilities, that includes every couple at marvel not named Reed and Sue. As I said before scemma broke before Jean came back.
    There is this problem with Jean where some writers and editors think that her being dead changes everything for everybody. She is just too big. That line of thought exist at Marvel and has nothing to with scemma, jogan, jott.