Page 52 of 626 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast

Marvel Wiki is helpful but it isn't really official or 100% reliable. "Empathy" as a power and how it relates to telepaths isn't something quite well established. I feel like for Jean it's better as just being part of her telepathy(plus Jean's non-mutant empathetic personality? lol).

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Bishop and Jean do have history as tea mates.
    Huh, did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Marvel Wiki is helpful but it isn't really official or 100% reliable. "Empathy" as a power and how it relates to telepaths isn't something quite well established. I feel like for Jean it's better as just being part of her telepathy(plus Jean's non-mutant empathetic personality? lol).
    Yeah. That's why I said "at least according to..."
    I take nothing with Wiki in the title as gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Huh, did not know that.
    Bish can brew a mean cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I agree it is waste of time to argue, but you are being a bit nihilistic. If you aren’t going to emotionally invest in a character, why bother reading anything, any comic, any book, any literature, any comedy sketch show, any TV programme? It's all contrived by its very nature for authors / writers to set out their views. I've always loved Jean through all her incarnations, various writers, some more than others. Writers may give her and Bishop a raw deal etc. Why cant they get into a relationship and then decide its not for them? Or maybe it will work out that it. But just emphasising the 'pointlessness' of it of any story is just pointless in itself, if you put everything down to a writing or editorial issue. Jean means so much more to me than just individual writers / editors. By your reasoning then there is no point getting excited at the good things either. Dark Phoenix storyline itself, I cannot see just as a 'story' and in fact if editorial had NOT insisted on the changes to Claremont's original story it would not have had the impact that it did and continues to have.

Although whether the editor now are doing a good job is another question.....

I just find your view too nihilistic - so why bother reading / watching anything!

Re-posted with corrected typos (I hope!)

And if Jean does have a relationship with Bishop, or anyone, I want it to be a FUN one, one where we can see her fun side, I want her to DATE, not get into a deep relationship. The woman needs to have some fun in her life for God's sake!!!!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Is empathy really a power for a telepath? wouldn't all telepaths have it to some degree? I never saw Jean's empathy as a power but more as a personality trait.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Bish can brew a mean cup.
    Guys that like tea are really attractive

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Is empathy really a power for a telepath? wouldn't all telepaths have it to some degree? I never saw Jean's empathy as a power but more as a personality trait.
    There are two different things and people are conflating them

Empathy is a personality trait. Even without being a mutant, Jean is very empathetic. That allows her to use her power in more empathetic ways (like in Red) but that in and of itself is not a power. Emma is a telepath but I wouldnt really call her empathetic for example as she wouldnt use her TP the way Jean does. She's more aggressive,less passive and in tune with the emotional well being of those around her even though she has the same capacity to do so.

Empathy can be a power. This involves the ability to perceive and manipulate emotions. Theoretically all general telepaths can do this but there are some that are specialized in it such as Empath

We can’t avoid it, Jean and Scott will eventually met. How do you see their first interactions esp after Phoenix Resurrection. I kinda want a 5 issue mini series dealing with this and where they stand with each other at the end of it.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    We can’t avoid it, Jean and Scott will eventually met. How do you see their first interactions esp after Phoenix Resurrection. I kinda want a 5 issue mini series dealing with this and where they stand with each other at the end of it.
    I want a long hug, if not a kiss. No words, just two people happy to see each other after so long. It would make sense to have them swept up in their emotions in this moment.

I definitely want a mini like Rogue and Gambit got. Perhaps a sequel to Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix as this is the 25th year anniversary of that and their wedding

Last edited by Havok83; 01-22-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I love Jean/Scott but i don't think they are going to be together for a time. Still i think they can have cool interactions, regardless of what happens or with who they hook up.
    I feel like they are always going to be a huge part of each other lives.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Guys that like tea are really attractive
    *takes a big sip of tea and spits it out*

TOO HOT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Empathy is a personality trait. Even without being a mutant, Jean is very empathetic. That allows her to use her power in more empathetic ways (like in Red) but that in and of itself is not a power. Emma is a telepath but I wouldnt really call her empathetic for example as she wouldnt use her TP the way Jean does. She's more aggressive,less passive and in tune with the emotional well being of those around her even though she has the same capacity to do so.

Empathy can be a power. This involves the ability to perceive and manipulate emotions. Theoretically all general telepaths can do this but there are some that are specialized in it such as Empath
    I agree with this.

As for Jean and Scott, I'd prefer that Scott be single for a few years. He jumps from one relationship to the next. Stop the cycle Scott.

I'd say keep Jean single for another year and then have her date a non X-man or hell just have her go out on a date to meet someone(s?) new. If Jean and Scott haven't found a good significant other in 3-5 years, then maybe they can rekindle that old flame.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I think Jean's empathy is for her both a boon and a drawback, it's the core of her being. That's what makes her both so strong and frail at the same time.
    And I think Emma would say: "Dear, being empathic for a telepath is like inviting disaster to your table!"

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Saw Blob and Psylocke are in love in Age of X-Man, hope that’s the romance that was rumored to last beyond the AoXM. Sorry to do Betsy like that, but anything if it means no Jean and Bishop.