Page 524 of 626 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534574624 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    While I don't like how she has been portrayed, I think this is the "real" Jean. As someone already said she has a long and complicated story with clones and resurrections. I rather not make that worst.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Even if she were backed up from a previous version, she would still be the real Jean by how the current continuity interprets the resurrection/cloning process.

i guess while we're on the subject of resurrections and backup copies... from Baltimore Comic Con
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SweetMuses; 10-21-2019 at 09:48 AM. Reason: (don't know my tags yet. ugh)

jean.jpg

This updated costume for Jean looks pretty amazing. I still don't like the mask, but if Logan and Scott are doing it, then she can join in.

ETA: copied from here: https://twitter.com/VinnySAart/statu...44403758047234

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    jean.jpg

This updated costume for Jean looks pretty amazing. I still don't like the mask, but if Logan and Scott are doing it, then she can join in.

I think it looks better without the mask

Quote Originally Posted by SweetMuses View Post
    jean red phoenix.jpg
    i guess while we're on the subject of resurrections and backup copies... from Baltimore Comic Con
    I love this phoenix costume variant. I serioulsy doubt it is coming back sadly.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

jean.jpg

Yes to the costume. No to everything else.
    "Cable was right!"

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I feel like the only person that doesn't like the Last Phoenix costume. Black and red is so overdone, and so not Jean.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes to the costume. No to everything else.
    Same here. good costume but not to 3way

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    No. I do not want another “it is not me” story. Now she may have a reset mind, or there may be more going on that meets the eye but Jean’s history is convoluted enough to make this yet another clone or some broken copy, or false copy or whatever story. I’d rather Jean just be in a transitional phase of some kind. I’d also rather not see her being manipulated by Xavier as that would once again paint Xavier in a villain like light.

I guess we should see how Percy uses her before jumping to too many conclusions about Jean not being the real deal.
    But what transitional thing? x-men red Jean was a lot better than what we are seeing

I'm pretty sure Percy gonna do it better
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-21-2019 at 09:29 AM.

Incredible Member The Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    While I don't like how she has been portrayed, I think this is the "real" Jean. As someone already said she has a long and complicated story with clones and resurrections. I rather not make that worst.
    I'd like this to be the true post Red Jean too. I don't like erasing big parts of a character's history. It's the same reason why I did not want Hope to be Jean back in the day. If the current Marvel Girl is a clone or reversion then I hope the original Jean gets restored at some point. Otherwise this isn't any better than killing off Jean and replacing her with another character.

Wonder how long till Jean gets to wear that other costume? I assume issue 7 or towards the end of X-Force since they didn’t seem to have plans for Jean till late in the game.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Wonder how long till Jean gets to wear that other costume? I assume issue 7 or towards the end of X-Force since they didn’t seem to have plans for Jean till late in the game.
    I think this is a bit later like 10 or 12 issues. Maybe the finale of the first part of the dawn of x books

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I feel like the only person that doesn't like the Last Phoenix costume. Black and red is so overdone, and so not Jean.
    The part that I found jarring is the insanely small waist. I looked at that picture and it reminds of that Savage Land cover that came out for House of X and Powers of X and every single woman was drawn as if she has no internal stomach organs.

At least that green and gold uniform Jean is wearing with Logan and Scott is drawn reasonably proportional. I actually like that look, even with the gold mask.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

jean.jpg

Is that the actual costume update or just a fan thing?

Looks awful to me... the leather skirt looking thing looks like a bug thorax.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I really wish they had gone with her Marvelous design if we had to have a take on the MG look

No mask
    small hand gloves
    covered chest

These 3 changes make it work much better

You know, I agree. The smaller more realistic gloves, normal looking boots, the skirt looks professional, like a uniform. And dropping the mask entirely. It's not a bad Marvel Girl look and it looks more polished and professional.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”