Page 527 of 626 FirstFirst ... 27427477517523524525526527528529530531537577 ... LastLast
Results 7,891 to 7,905 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, even if she ends up only having a portion of the Phoenix force, Jean just looks too amazing in that costume.

I still go back to what I was thinking before, since the Phoenix has 3 parts to it (Life (Green), Death (Red), Rebirth (White). Maybe the only way for the Phoenix to be truly balanced is for there to be three hosts. Hope (Green/Life), Rachel (Red/Death), Jean (White/Rebirth). It would be interesting if they did something like that with the Phoenix and also bring in Rachel and Hope as part of connection to the Phoenix Force.
    I'd love the phoenix to be used as a force of nature that genetically pre-disposed mutant can tap into ( this means Jean, rachel and maybe Hope) no different from how we have magneto and polaris tap into the electromagnetic force, no need to delve too much into the metaphysical or at the very listnot on a regular basis......so we have these 3 users able to tap into it (in different ways) due to their genetics as opposed to your run of the mill possessed host which has always been (and should be) a temporary deal.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    New-ish cover for X-Men #2. Apparently a re-color.

Think this may be Dean White colors.
    I do wish artists would get the Phoenix clasp on the sash on the correct hip, details like that annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    I do wish artists would get the Phoenix clasp on the sash on the correct hip, details like that annoy me.
    Maybe it moved during the fight, it's not the end of the world
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

If she wear it on the left hip, that mean she is dating Logan. When she wear it on the right hip, she is with Scott.

Seriously, on pin-up pictures, artists will draw it on the side that work best with the character's pose.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    If she wear it on the left hip, that mean she is dating Logan. When she wear it on the right hip, she is with Scott.

Seriously, on pin-up pictures, artists will draw it on the side that work best with the character's pose.
    And sometimes art directors flip the original art.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Holy fucking **** bruh DC/Marvel soooooo badass...where did you find this man?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    Who is the dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Who is the dragon?
    Parallax, the yellow fear entity

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Parallax, the yellow fear entity
    Thanks, I don't read much green lantern.

Oh I thought that was Fin Fang Foom

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Thanks, I don't read much green lantern.
    Johns run was very good, then it went downhill

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Oh I thought that was Fin Fang Foom
    On first glance my mind went immediately to King Ghidorah.

The Mecha in my username is a direct reference to MechaGodzilla or Mecha-King Ghidorah.

Of course I knew it was a DC character, but my mind just went to Godzilla

My pet peeve is when artists mix up the black around the Phoenix emblem. The green suit has a smaller emblem with black around it and up the neck. The Dark Phoenix red suit has a larger emblem with no black. And yet it happens all the time, especially on merchandise, because non-fans just think it's a simple palette swap.

I think I read somewhere the larger emblem and lack of black on the Dark Phoenix suit represented it breaking free and unencumbered by its inhibitions. Am I imagining that? I feel like it was John Byrne who said that since he first drew the Dark Phoenix suit.