Page 532 of 626 FirstFirst ... 32432482522528529530531532533534535536542582 ... LastLast
Results 7,966 to 7,980 of 9381
    All-New Member

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'll actually miss the Marvel Girl costume. It grew on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I noticed that she is going by Jean Grey in this so hopefully she officially drops the Marvel Girl codename when she takes this costume. She's already started to move away from it as we saw in X-men #1

As for Hickman and the issue, not excited to see him write bc his Jean has been underwhelming. I dont tend to hold writer's favorites against him but he's already stated that Emma is among them and he's already made it clear in his writing so Im setting my expectations low as a Jean fan
    lately I have more and more sensatin that writers are fans firsts and writers second. Now they clearly say who is their favorites and aren't ashamed of pushing their favortes.

but how dare Taylor write a good Jean?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Did Taylor write a good Jean?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Really good. God tier

And Jean isn't even his favorite character

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No, he wrote a great Jean. I miss her.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Really good. God tier

yep, Laura clearly is but he avoided the urge to push her there

I noticed that she is going by Jean Grey in this so hopefully she officially drops the Marvel Girl codename when she takes this costume. She's already started to move away from it as we saw in X-men #1

As for Hickman and the issue, not excited to see him write bc his Jean has been underwhelming. I dont tend to hold writer's favorites against them but he's already stated that Emma is among them and he's already made it clear in his writing so Im setting my expectations low as a Jean fan
    Well, Emma is also being called Emma rather than White Queen. And I think she was called Jean Grey on X-Men #1 cause she was there just having dinner with her family rather than on a mission or something.

I don't think that, when it comes to marketing and fan perception, any codename will ever catch for Jean, even if Marvel Girl is her original one. But I don't mind her going by it if she has to have a "mutant name" as apparently everyone has to in this current era.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, Emma is also being called Emma rather than White Queen. And I think she was called Jean Grey on X-Men #1 cause she was there just having dinner with her family rather than on a mission or something.

I don't think that, when it comes to marketing and fan perception, any codename will ever catch for Jean, even if Marvel Girl is her original one. But I don't mind her going by it if she has to have a "mutant name" as apparently everyone has to in this current era.
    But Jean was the only one that was referred to by her first name in the issue. Nathan and Rachel were only there to have dinner as well yet their codenames were used. It makes me wonder if Jean is transitioning back to what most people refer to her as. I believe Marvel may have only used the MG anyway so they could keep the copyright active so they dont lose it

yep, Laura clearly is but he avoided the urge to push her there
    professional writer. Wish we could get more like this on x-books

But Jean was the only one that was referred to by her first name in the issue. Nathan and Rachel were only there to have dinner as well yet their codenames were used
    Oh, true. But idk, I feel like it might have just slipped. I don't think they're going away from Marvel Girl. Maybe when she gets the costume change, but no so far... I remember that with Jeen it was also like, sometimes she was called Marvel Girl, sometimes she wasn't...

GiantSizeXMen-JeanEmma-Cover.jpg
    Giant-Sized X-Men series avouched with Jean Grey's new costume on the cover.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    GiantSizeXMen-JeanEmma-Cover.jpg
    Giant-Sized X-Men series avouched with Jean Grey's new costume on the cover.
    Yes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

I was hoping Jeannie would pop up in Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Really good. God tier

IMO, his Jean was too much of a pacifist/idealist. She's always had a temper and could get dirty if needed/pushed far enough, but Taylor had her monologuing and not wanting to resort to violence. That never clicked for me, as well as having Kurt, Remy and Ro mostly in the background so Gabby could crack jokes.

Red had many good moments, but it also had glaring defects.

I'm a little disappointed Dauterman didn't choose a better costume to recolor, but I'm really excited for the new book anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by PsyButterfly View Post
    I can't believe I'm going to say this but I'll actually miss the Marvel Girl costume. It grew on me.
    Lol omg sums up this board when it comes to Jean’s costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    IMO, his Jean was too much of a pacifist/idealist. She's always had a temper and could get dirty if needed/pushed far enough, but Taylor had her monologuing and not wanting to resort to violence. That never clicked for me, as well as having Kurt, Remy and Ro mostly in the background so Gabby could crack jokes.

Red had many good moments, but it also had glaring defects.
    I agree I don't mind the occasional speech but sometimes red was too much, it needed less talk and a little more kick ass

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Lol omg sums up this board when it comes to Jean’s costumes.
    this thread especially is been all about costumes for months now
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”