Page 533 of 626 FirstFirst ... 33433483523529530531532533534535536537543583 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,995 of 9381

Yeah I agree Jean on Red was sometimes a bit much. She almost seemed a bit robotic at times. Humanity as in being kind and compassionate is Jean's biggest strength, but anger and other negative emotions is human too and Jean also has those. That's why my favorite Red issue is the annual, that was peak Jean.

Also loved the Jean/Gabby interactions. They were adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I agree I don't mind the occasional speech but sometimes red was too much, it needed less talk and a little more kick ass

this thread especially is been all about costumes for months now
    Red got to the point where it seemed like Taylor was just using Jean to preach at you, and that got old fast.

Also, yeah, it's kinda sad that the two topics people tend to discuss the most about Jean in this era are things that are very superfluous or haven't had much actual input from her (the costumes and the rectangle, with the former being all (seemingly) random and the latter not explicitly addressed). The motherhood aspect was nice in X-Men 1 and her edge came through with the Sabretooth scene, but so far it's been mostly muted.

I want to hope X-Force will get her something juicy, but it doesn't seem like writers want to delve into her character that much beyond The Mensch and the Jemma rivalry.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like the re-coloured Red Costume but...
    I somewhat wish the hues were just a shade or two darker.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I like the re-coloured Red Costume but...
    I somewhat wish the hues were just a shade or two darker.
    Yeah, the green especially is a bit too light. Is that Dauterman's own colors or Matt Wilson? But either way, others are gonna color it differently. I mean, the blue/red version varied from this:

To this:

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Red got to the point where it seemed like Taylor was just using Jean to preach at you, and that got old fast.

Also, yeah, it's kinda sad that the two topics people tend to discuss the most about Jean in this era are things that are very superfluous or haven't had much actual input from her (the costumes and the rectangle, with the former being all (seemingly) random and the latter not explicitly addressed). The motherhood aspect was nice in X-Men 1 and her edge came through with the Sabretooth scene, but so far it's been mostly muted.

I want to hope X-Force will get her something juicy, but it doesn't seem like writers want to delve into her character that much beyond The Mensch and the Jemma rivalry.
    love triangles, quadrangles or characters that can't make up their mind about who they love, turn me totally off so I have just resolved to skip anything regarding the subject.
    Cassandra Nova killed 16 million human beings and she did it on purpose, it was cold and reasoned, what she really needed along with empathy on her brain was a bullet as far as I am concerned.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    love triangles, quadrangles or characters that can't make up their mind about who they love, turn me totally off so I have just resolved to skip anything regarding the subject.
    Cassandra Nova killed 16 million human beings and she did it on purpose, it was cold and reasoned, what she really needed along with empathy on her brain was a bullet as far as I am concerned.
    Yeah, this whole thing of humanizing actual monsters (because Cassie is actually incapable of empathy due to her nature) doesn't really work after a while. That's why there's a villain problem for the X-Men, because they try and redeem them all. Nw they were all actually invited to Krakoa as peers, lololol

The Red costume looks better in red/blue. The improvements to the costume here are Duatermann's pencils, not the colors

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is an improvement over the Marvel Gilr costume but I liked more on Red and Blue.
    Also not hyped about Emma/Jean . Don't hate Emma but don't like their interactions. They seem to aggresive on Emma's side and Jean never does her anything wrong.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's costume redesign!

New York, NY— October 25, 2019 — The plans Jonathan Hickman has for the X-Men aren’t just big; they’re giant-size. Fresh off launching the X-Men into an exciting new era in HOUSE OF X and POWERS OF X, Marvel revealed at MCM Comic Con London that Jonathan Hickman will be joining forces with the industry’s top artists to craft a stellar new series: GIANT-SIZE X-MEN. Starting in February, each issue will combine Hickman’s captivating storytelling with the iconic art of a different superstar artist to depict grand-scale adventures focused on specific X-Men characters.

And it all begins with GIANT-SIZE X-MEN: JEAN GREY AND EMMA FROST #1! The new mutant nation of Krakoa is the place for fresh starts, and Jean and Emma, known for their fierce rivalry, will unite to rescue Storm from danger. The two powerful telepaths are in good hands as artist Russell Dauterman will be the first to partner with Hickman for the series. Dauterman will be accompanied by expert colorist Matt Wilson

Known for his acclaimed work on THE MIGHTY THOR, Dauterman is no stranger to Marvel’s merry mutants, often providing phenomenal covers featuring character designs that have made him a favorite among X-Men fans. An X-Men fan himself, Dauterman is eager to use his skills to bring Hickman’s vision to life. “I’ve wanted to draw X-Men comics since I was a kid, so drawing this issue of X-MEN is a dream come true,” says Dauterman. “I’m so thrilled to be working on this with Jonathan and Matt, and it’s co-starring my favorite character, Jean Grey!”

Giant-Size X-Men was first used as a title in 1975 in a legendary special issue by Len Wein and David Cockrum. It not only marked a new genesis for the team, introducing iconic characters like Storm and Nightcrawler, but is credited for catapulting the X-Men into the powerhouse franchise they are today, a legacy that Hickman and others will now honor month after month. Keep your eyes peeled for announcements about other upcoming GIANT-SIZE X-MEN issues and the artists and characters you can expect to find within their pages!
    Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    I hope Hickman pays her more respect in that one-shot, cuz so far her character has been rather underwhelming. Still waiting to see what X-Force does with her, though.

I will say this: if they for some reason start having Jean wearing revamped iterations of all her costumes, I will be here. For. IT! Make it happen, loving artists!
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I noticed that she is going by Jean Grey in this so hopefully she officially drops the Marvel Girl codename when she takes this costume. She's already started to move away from it as we saw in X-men #1

As for Hickman and the issue, not excited to see him write bc his Jean has been underwhelming. I dont tend to hold writer's favorites against them but he's already stated that Emma is among them and he's already made it clear in his writing so Im setting my expectations low as a Jean fan
    Agreed, cautiously optimistic I wish this could be a bigger deal, but Hickman's Jean is subpar and his love of Emma is incredibly apparent. Those things aren't mutually exclusive but personally I'd like to NOT see a whimpering Jean who requires Emma's direction especially with Ororo's safety on the line. However I have a sinking feeling this won't be the issue it could be, and Jean might be relegated to a very passive role!

This is how this is going
    "Eww Jean you're so bland and pathetic,
    oh, you failed on some easy telepathic test, you should have been more ruthless let me teach you while doing something shady that nobody will question
    remember when I stole your husband? wasn't it fun? lolololol
    We are now best friends forever, forget Storm
    Emma best girl ever"

end
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 10-25-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This is how this is going
    "Eww Jean you're so bland and pathetic,
    oh, you failed on some easy telepathic test, you should have been more ruthless let me teach you while doing something shady taht nobody will question
    remember when I stole your husband? wasn't it fun? lolololol
    We are now best friends forever, forget Storm
    Emma best girl ever"

end
    ...here's the saddest part I could easily see that happen, and I just want some witty banter, and cool applications of telepathy. This is Storm, Jean's sister I hope Hickman factors that in but we'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    ...here's the saddest part I could easily see that happen, and I just want some witty banter, and cool applications of telepathy. This is Storm, Jean's sister I hope Hickman factors that in but we'll see...
    I'm afraid this is possibly only for a Emma/Jean team up and Storm is an afterthought

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Writers not being a fan of Jean is part of the reason why she was gone for so long.
    Not really: Several authors would have liked to write about Jean but they couldn't until Bendis. And since them there is several more that would also have liked to have her in their books but couldn't because she was already in another author's one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Yeah I agree Jean on Red was sometimes a bit much. She almost seemed a bit robotic at times. Humanity as in being kind and compassionate is Jean's biggest strength, but anger and other negative emotions is human too and Jean also has those. That's why my favorite Red issue is the annual, that was peak Jean.

Also loved the Jean/Gabby interactions. They were adorable.
    Honestly, for me the biggest letdown of Xmen Red was the lack of a real showdown between Jean and Cassie. 12 issues of build only for Jean to pacify Nova once again, Jean needed more fire and while she was league's above whatever Hickman's doing with her now. I feel like the series started to trail off in middle the cast became massive and bloated and in the end it was more of a whimper than a finale!

Quote Originally Posted by Narasinha View Post
    Not really: Several authors would have liked to write about Jean but they couldn't until Bendis. And since them there is several more that would also have liked to have her in their books but couldn't because she was already in another author's one.

Which is ironic because I remember there being a rumor, Bendis wanted her for New Avengerscirca 04-05. Just thinking of Jean's run through NXM, leading to NA, would have potentially been crazy to see her growth from then til now.

BANNED

I'm glad that her costume is still a green and gold one. I love that Russell is drawing her. The comic will be beautiful to look at.

The writing though...I'm not excited about what I am expecting: Emma showing up Jean in effectiveness during the mission as they talk about sharing a guy.