Page 534 of 626 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544584 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Red got to the point where it seemed like Taylor was just using Jean to preach at you, and that got old fast.

Also, yeah, it's kinda sad that the two topics people tend to discuss the most about Jean in this era are things that are very superfluous or haven't had much actual input from her (the costumes and the rectangle, with the former being all (seemingly) random and the latter not explicitly addressed). The motherhood aspect was nice in X-Men 1 and her edge came through with the Sabretooth scene, but so far it's been mostly muted.

I want to hope X-Force will get her something juicy, but it doesn't seem like writers want to delve into her character that much beyond The Mensch and the Jemma rivalry.
    The men and the Emma thing has been going for decades for now.

I already said before, and I will say again, I want some fresh relationships. I'm tired of the same overplayed and badly written relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'm glad that her costume is still a green and gold one. I love that Russell is drawing her. The comic will be beautiful to look at.

The writing though...I'm not excited about what I am expecting: Emma showing up Jean in effectiveness during the mission as they talk about sharing a guy.
    Talk about something more vomit inducing than this...

I bet we won't see Emma empathize or apologized for all the suffereing that she made Jean went throught, just another Hopeless 2.0
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-25-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    The men and the Emma thing has been going for decades for now.

I already said before, and I will say again, I want some fresh relationships. I'm tired of the same overplayed and badly written relationships.
    Except that Marvel doesn't give a crap about Wolverine or Cyclops interacting with Jean. They do seem interested on Emma/Jean though, probably the worst part but nothing to blame Cyclops or Wolverine that haven't been with Jean for more than a decade too. They will do Jean/Logan though
    I'm sorry Jean fucking and carrying a bunch of people that didn't give a crap about her character isn't going to make her better not is the most significant and only development the character can have, she is worth more than a fuckhole.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Except that Marvel doesn't give a crap about Wolverine or Cyclops interacting with Jean. They do seem interested on Emma/Jean though, probably the worst part but nothing to blame Cyclops or Wolverine that haven't been with Jean for more than a decade too. They will do Jean/Logan though
    I'm sorry Jean fucking and carrying a bunch of people that didn't give a crap about her character isn't going to make her better not is the most significant and only development the character can have, she is worth more than a fuckhole.
    If marvel didn't cared about Jean interacting with Logan and Scott, they wouldn't be living on sam house and Jean is on the same team that Wolverine.
    While Jean and Logan never had been together. the drama was dragged out too Logan. It doesn't even feel earned, as Jean never really like him on that level. Nothing showed to us showed that she had deeper feelings to him

the magical thing is that people can start caring for each other.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

If marvel didn't cared about Jean interacting with Logan and Scott, they wouldn't be living on sam house and Jean is on the same team that Wolverine.
    While Jean and Logan never had been together. the drama was dragged out too Logan. It doesn't even feel earned, as Jean never really like him on that level. Nothing showed to us showed that she had deeper feelings to him

the magical thing is that people can start caring for each other.
    I'm neutral on them but Wolverine has cared a lot for Jean, he even named a school after her. Cyclops on his own way cared too (seriously after how this has been treated, after everything horrible that Marvel did to jean/scott and keep doing how can anybody say that Marvel cares?).

If someone deserved a chance was Wolverine, at least he showed for years to care. Instead of just Jean suddenly falling in love with people she never felt anything romantic and never cared about her. That would feel even less earned in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Which is ironic because I remember there being a rumor, Bendis wanted her for New Avengerscirca 04-05. Just thinking of Jean's run through NXM, leading to NA, would have potentially been crazy to see her growth from then til now.
    I would like to know more about this, I don't think Bendis will ever confirm this, maybe if asked on a comic con. I don't doubt this
    new avengers is a defining run for the team, If Jean was there she would be a lot more popular.
    Jean lost alot of development and probably a chance to have more writers being fan favorites

Mike Carey also wanted her back. Funny how writers can just arrive and do what they want with their faves now

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I would like to know more about this, I don't think Bendis will ever confirm this, maybe if asked on a comic con. I don't doubt this
    new avengers is a defining run for the team, If Jean was there she would be a lot more popular.
    Jean lost alot of development and probably a chance to have more writers being fan favorites

Mike Carey also wanted her back. Funny how writers can just arrive and do what they want with their faves now
    As far as Bendis is concerned they had a markup of an advertisement related to a former couple reuniteing in the Avengers around that time there were select Avengers couples and one of Jean/Wolvie IIRC. I think it just turned out to be Hawkeye/Mockingbird.

I'm neutral on them but Wolverine has cared a lot for Jean, he even named a school after her. Cyclops on his own way cared too (seriously after how this has been treated, after everything horrible that Marvel did to jean/scott and keep doing how can anybody say that Marvel cares?).

If someone deserved a chance was Wolverine, at least he showed for years to care. Instead of just Jean suddenly falling in love with people she never felt anything romantic and never cared about her. That would feel even less earned in my opinion.
    marvel might not be interested in do Scott and Jean some justice but for sure they want to milk the drama.

I know that Wolverine never stop loving Jean and that is ok, but love isn't about deserving. Jean never deserved what happened to her, but happened anyway.
    I don't like that Jean occupies the role of Logan greatest love that should be for Mariko. And she is alive now, writers should do something about that.
    There is also all the times he was agressive to her, kissed her without consent. he got better, but it still a bit problematic

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    As far as Bendis is concerned they had a markup of an advertisement related to a former couple reuniteing in the Avengers around that time there were select Avengers couples and one of Jean/Wolvie IIRC. I think it just turned out to be Hawkeye/Mockingbird.
    Well i tmight be just marketing, but Wolverine and Jean weren't even a couple. Just really weird thing
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-25-2019 at 04:40 PM.

Wow, it'll be crazy if this one shot will have Jean interacting with Emma one on one before we see her do so with Scott

Quote Originally Posted by FeniSam View Post
    Yeah, this whole thing of humanizing actual monsters (because Cassie is actually incapable of empathy due to her nature) doesn't really work after a while. That's why there's a villain problem for the X-Men, because they try and redeem them all. Nw they were all actually invited to Krakoa as peers, lololol
    I don't think is humanizing monsters. Seems more like a safety measuring to try to make Cassandra life as villain a lot harder.

I wonder for how long villains gonna be all good shoes on krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, it'll be crazy if this one shot will have Jean interacting with Emma one on one before we see her do so with Scott
    I don't like how Hickman is writing the x-men book and Jean position on it.

Also seems like he is dragging things fot the sake of poliamori

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

I wonder why she will be wearing the costume for this issue or if it will show up in a x-force before this,

Too bad that Jean has to share the spotlight with Emma. it is a sad state of the character
    yeah is a bad state for her character just like the last docens of x men comics
    we can be heroes, just for one day

It was expanded upon in Classic X-men than part of the reason Jean left the team in Uncanny X-men was because she felt attracted to Wolverine and was worried she would cheat on Scott.

Wolverine named the school for Jean as a personalized fuck you to Scott first, any kind of sentiment for Jean a FAR second.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think Emma is going to interact with Scott during the Savage Land mission in December. It's only one issue though because they updated the solicits and the issue right after that is Charles, Erik, and En Sabah Nur attending that political conference together.

They had Emma riding the dinosaur with Scott on the cover, but she actually looks a bit annoyed. It's very possible that Jean is in the issue too, since we don't have the full character list for that mission yet.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

I am very excited for the Jean and Emma one shot. I wonder if it will be another psychic rescue. I loved their psychic rescue of Xavier back in New X-men. Jean and Emma can make a great team. They interact well together. They have a good dynamic. Both are telepaths but their personalities and the way they use their powers are different. It should be interesting and I'm sure warring fan groups will be upset about something in the issue.

I'm not a huge fan of the X-men Red uniform, it is had to say which is worse between it and the dated MG costume. I'm still hoping for a new look for Jean. Though maybe her standard outfit will be MG but her battle outfit will be her re-colored X-men Red costume.

I like the Wolverine preview. I like that Jean and Kitty both appear.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    It was expanded upon in Classic X-men than part of the reason Jean left the team in Uncanny X-men was because she felt attracted to Wolverine and was worried she would cheat on Scott.
    It was a retcon and doesn't mean a lot after so much time. Logan never was a danger to Scott and Jean relationship.
    Even when she discovered that Scott was married she didn't went to Logan.

That why i'm sure Jean should start with someone new

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    yeah is a bad state for her character just like the last docens of x men comics
    Just tired how Jean is being treated
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-26-2019 at 08:28 AM.