Page 54 of 626 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Jean hasn't even bothered the guy that killed her and she had a thing for Wolverine, who literally stabs people every day. She revived a woman who helped her get mindraped so that her husband wouldn't get despondent because his mistress is dead. She literally went around nuking evolutionary dead-end planets. Circumstances change things. If she was going to be distant about every person that has ever hurt someone, she'd be pretty cross with pretty much all of the best X-Men, herself especially.

I think Bishop can't be forgiven for some because of his...um...colorist issue...hahaha. Of course, that's the only reason that story happened to him in the first place. Oh the world we live in. Sad.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

You guys can like whatever you want without bashing jott or scott. You know that?
    In fact be grateful both were butchered to prop up literally anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Beast chided him, Wolverine got angry for moving on so quick and there is Rachel. But overall, no one really complained much about it. They move on and it became the new normal.
    Kitty, Storm, and Rogue all expressed disgust at it. In addition to Beast, Wolverine, Rachel, and virtually every female in the school who wasn't the Cuckoos or Emma.

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post
    Jean hasn't even bothered the guy that killed her and she had a thing for Wolverine, who literally stabs people every day. She revived a woman who helped her get mindraped so that her husband wouldn't get despondent because his mistress is dead. She literally went around nuking evolutionary dead-end planets. Circumstances change things. If she was going to be distant about every person that has ever hurt someone, she'd be pretty cross with pretty much all of the best X-Men, herself especially.

I think Bishop can't be forgiven for some because of his...um...colorist issue...hahaha. Of course, that's the only reason that story happened to him in the first place. Oh the world we live in. Sad.
    Just for curiosity
    Are you DiscippleofRedd?
    I swear i know you from somewhere else

Quote Originally Posted by Can'tHexTheX View Post

Is there literally any proof that the writer did that to Bishop because the writer hates black people?

If there is, that writer needed to be fired. If not, then quit with the BS. It was a tasteless story that was a borderline character assassination. But doesn't seem a lot more likely that they picked Bishop as the other famous time travelling X-Man, and not because they wanted to ruin the black guy?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Kitty, Storm, and Rogue all expressed disgust at it. In addition to Beast, Wolverine, Rachel, and virtually every female in the school who wasn't the Cuckoos or Emma.
    If i remember correctly, they had more problem with Emma herself than the affair. But i migth be wrong.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Just for curiosity
    Are you DiscippleofRedd?
    If they were, would they really admit it since ban jumping isn't allowed?

I'm sorry.
    Dumb question.
    It's just that they sound the same

I don't think the Cuckoos had a problem with the affair.

But Kitty, Psylocke, Sue Storm and Tony Stark were snide about it. Storm actually expresses hurt but then came around in Unlimited X-Men and Worlds Apart
    Beast and Wolverine and Rachel and Havok called Scott out.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    I don't think the Cuckoos had a problem with the affair.

But Kitty, Psylocke, Sue Storm and Tony Stark were snide about it. Storm actually expresses hurt but then came around in Unlimited X-Men and Worlds Apart
    Beast and Wolverine and Rachel and Havok called Scott out.
    Just about everyone called out Scott or Emma on it. Despite helping the team multiple times, she had literally zero friends in the entire mansion outside Scott.

Is there literally any proof that the writer did that to Bishop because the writer hates black people?

If there is, that writer needed to be fired. If not, then quit with the BS. It was a tasteless story that was a borderline character assassination. But doesn't seem a lot more likely that they picked Bishop as the other famous time travelling X-Man, and not because they wanted to ruin the black guy?
    I doubt that any writer will say that they screwed up a character because they are black. It doesn't work that way, racism and homophobia can be very subtitle and manifest in ways that not even the writers perceive that is racism.

I really doubt that any white character would be given such character assassination without a way out. They just butchered a character just because

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Jean likes to cook and so does Bishop. They have common interests!

Last edited by PhoenixStudies; 01-22-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Just for curiosity
    Are you DiscippleofRedd?
    I'm only the one person. Didn't you ask me about another poster the other day? Or yesterday. Days blurred together a little.

Full context: Bishop is pretty much the only black guy. That's weird to me. You may not notice it if you don't look for diverse representation, but if you keep your eye on it, that sort of thing is so loud it is as if it were screaming. The blacks are usually the criminals in media. It is a consistent repeating thing. That's what made the Black Panther movie stick for many folks. They aren't used to seeing positive views on dark-skinned characters. Bishop was part of that negative pattern and one would be dishonest in saying creators wouldn't notice. The whole thing happening in the X-Men franchise is top keks.
    Last edited by Can'tHexTheX; 01-22-2019 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Fixed the stupid quote code

Just about everyone called out Scott or Emma on it. Despite helping the team multiple times, she had literally zero friends in the entire mansion outside Scott.
    I really don't remember it, but if everyone is saying. I only remember polaris saying sh elike Scott when he was with Jean.