Page 541 of 626 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551591 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That was a justification in story for jean not coming back and undoing it. Chaos magic shouldn't hurt Phoenix
    Why not? Cthton is on the same tier of cosmic power as the Phoenix, and is the source of Chaos magic.

Bendis said that?

What i know is that Teen O5 was already a pitch from the editors. it didnt come from bendis himself.

I have a hard time believeing that Bendis would pass the chance for writing adult Jean. of course that he likes to take liberties with characters, but I'm not sure if he will ever get a chance to write Jean again
    Yes Bendis said it in an interview and this I am about 100% certain because I recall being upset by it because it took me a while to warm up to teen Jean and the rest of teen 05.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Why did people hate Jean for saying, "Hi, Sage."?
    Because they said she was being rude and disrespectful to Sage. It was just usual fan trolling and craziness. There was a very popular sage fan on this board and he was probably trolling but he had a lot of users hating on Jean for somehow dissing Sage though the character just says Hi to her. It was over the top as what you can expect here at times.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Why not? Cthton is on the same tier of cosmic power as the Phoenix, and is the source of Chaos magic.
    Oh well they could other story then.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Yes Bendis said it in an interview and this I am about 100% certain because I recall being upset by it because it took me a while to warm up to teen Jean and the rest of teen 05.
    never heard of this interview before. I have my doubts that Jean ressurrection was ever open at that time
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-27-2019 at 02:13 PM.

Yep, so I think the intention was to somehow bring the adult Jean back at the 8 year mark all along and it was Bendis who said he did not want to tell another Jean Grey resurrection story and he did not want to tell a Jean/Phoenix story (probably because they just told a big Phoenix story with Hope).

Of course with Teen Jean they eventually did tell a Phoenix story and they did eventually tell a Jean resurrection story... it just took a while and Bendis did neither (though he sort of told a Teen Jean Phoenix story with the Trial of Jean Grey).

I really did like Teen Jean a lot. I do miss the character as she had some great qualities namely the fiery temper and being powerful. I think it is important to limit the omega mutants and to limit powerful characters but I think Jean should always be included in the list of powerful characters.
    Yea teen Jean’s development was so incredible. I think Bendis has a great opportunity to write a character- it’s not often writers get to write an already established character with such a blank slate that isn’t an inconsequential alternate reality / clone / etc.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

It was obvious Hope was meant to a) suggest the reincarnation of Jean and b) never be Jean, so I found her a lead balloon as soon as she was aged from infancy. Just another derivative redhaired Jean knockoff.

Oh well they could other story then.

never heard of this interview before. I have my doubts that Jean ressurrection was ever open at that time
    From a newsarama interview:

Bendis: It's a lineup that's interesting in retrospect. They were such idealistic, '60s,"let's do it!" mutant superheroes. And what it's evolved into, looking back at it is so fascinating.

Just Jean Grey alone inspires so many story ideas and so many emotions, and means so much to so many people. That's the thing X-Men fans always say they want. You go anywhere — "Bring back Jean Grey!" But they don't want a reincarnated Jean Grey, and they don't want a dug-up Jean Grey. They want Jean. It's not like I run out of my way to find crowd-pleasing things, but this does allow us to get Jean back, pure. What a great thing. And I love Jean, I love writing her — just having her push forth. She's one of the inciting things that makes this happen in the first place, her coming here and going, "Why is everyone looking at me? What happened, and why is the school named after me?"

Nrama: And you're the first creator who's getting to write her on an ongoing basis in almost 10 years.

----

I also found a similar quote from a Washington Post article where he pretty much says the same:

That’s a big deal, Bendis says, “because it’s actually Jean Grey. It’s not reincarnated Jean Grey. It’s not the clone of Jean Grey. It’s actually her.”

I thought in one interview he flat out says he didn't want to do another Jean/Phoenix story but I may have inferred that from him saying repeatedly he didn't want to resurrect her.

I would link to both the articles but right click isn't working for me and neither is control c on the address bar, but if you google the quotes above you can find both.

I found this interview, seemed like all bendis could do is bring teen jean. let's remember that interviews are edited and monitored by public relations from marvel

s interesting, because it seems that for a while the All-New All-Different X-Men was the favored early team and got much more of the focus than the original five, but now that group has gotten a lot more attention in recent years. How much fondness do you have for that lineup?

Bendis: It's a lineup that's interesting in retrospect. They were such idealistic, '60s,"let's do it!" mutant superheroes. And what it's evolved into, looking back at it is so fascinating.

Just Jean Grey alone inspires so many story ideas and so many emotions, and means so much to so many people. That's the thing X-Men fans always say they want. You go anywhere — "Bring back Jean Grey!" But they don't want a reincarnated Jean Grey, and they don't want a dug-up Jean Grey. They want Jean. It's not like I run out of my way to find crowd-pleasing things, but this does allow us to get Jean back, pure. What a great thing. And I love Jean, I love writing her — just having her push forth. She's one of the inciting things that makes this happen in the first place, her coming here and going, "Why is everyone looking at me? What happened, and why is the school named after me?"https://www.newsarama.com/9906-exclusive-brian-bendis-on-the-marvel-now-all-new-x-men.html

From a US today article from 2012:

A lot of fans are interested in what Bendis plans to do with Jean, since — because of her deaths and resurrections over the years, her fateful romance with Cyclops and her being the most famous bearer of the Phoenix Force herself — "she's not around and has had probably the most controversial life of anybody at Marvel," he says.

"But as excited as I was to bring Jean back — and it's the real Jean, the fresh-faced Jean Gray, and not Jean the Phoenix and not Jean the reincarnated — even I am shocked about how much this book is about her. What she's going through and the age she's going through it and how she's handling it and what she's going to do next is a big part of the book."

For those who haven't read "The Dark Phoenix Saga" 20 times, Bendis says not to worry. What this young Jean discovers, new fans will discover. And she's a big part of his emotional connection to his new/old cast of characters.

"It's very cool to have Jean Grey be the eyes and ears of a story that is about Jean Grey and is completely reader-friendly," he admits. "Whoever thought you'd get that?"

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    It was obvious Hope was meant to a) suggest the reincarnation of Jean and b) never be Jean, so I found her a lead balloon as soon as she was aged from infancy. Just another derivative redhaired Jean knockoff.
    During the Hope saga days we would get blasted on this board for even suggesting Hope as a derivative or a knockoff of Jean. Ask PhoenixStudies, he used to get flamed (do we even use that term anymore??) for stating it. And back then he stated it often.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I miss teen Jean, she was so awesome
    (jhvj.jpg
    _________uyfuk.jpg
    _________D_erchiX4AA4RLk.jpg

From a US today article from 2012:

A lot of fans are interested in what Bendis plans to do with Jean, since — because of her deaths and resurrections over the years, her fateful romance with Cyclops and her being the most famous bearer of the Phoenix Force herself — "she's not around and has had probably the most controversial life of anybody at Marvel," he says.

"But as excited as I was to bring Jean back — and it's the real Jean, the fresh-faced Jean Gray, and not Jean the Phoenix and not Jean the reincarnated — even I am shocked about how much this book is about her. What she's going through and the age she's going through it and how she's handling it and what she's going to do next is a big part of the book."

For those who haven't read "The Dark Phoenix Saga" 20 times, Bendis says not to worry. What this young Jean discovers, new fans will discover. And she's a big part of his emotional connection to his new/old cast of characters.

"It's very cool to have Jean Grey be the eyes and ears of a story that is about Jean Grey and is completely reader-friendly," he admits. "Whoever thought you'd get that?"
    This looks like Brian Bendis selling desesperately that Jeen is new reader friendly.

Seems more like a editorial thing than Bendis. I don't get the idea that it was him prefering Jeen over adult
    I don't quite understand the logic here. For x-men be really new reader friendly you need to full reboot
    Last edited by spirit2011; 10-27-2019 at 02:55 PM.

Yep, though I will add when he said that Jean tries so hard to be good that she forgets to be human... I completely identified with that at the time (and still do) . I loved when Morrison said that during an interview even though recently I saw a fan hating on that quote on twitter. I think he was saying that Jean does strive to be a good and decent person even though she still has flaws. He also made a comment that Jean was evolving and becoming more empathic. I've said it before and I think Taylor also displayed it, but Jean is a very powerful telepath but empathy as an aspect of her pyschic power and as a personality attribute is a major part of her character.
    I can't believe I forgot to mention Jean's moment of rescuing Wolverine and herself from the Sun! Wolverine mercy killing Jean as they head into the sun was more powerful to me than Nightcrawler's and Wolverine's recent sun related death.

Jean had so many great moments in New X-men and that is why I will always defend it. Before Morrison's run I was loving Jean in Claremont's revolution era because 1. Scott wasn't around and 2. the Phoenix imagery even though I disliked the part with her not having her tk abilities. As much as I do like Scott and Jean together I think Jean is better served when she's not the love interest. I like it when she has other stories, though being a love interest is one of her major themes and even I cannot deny that. Jean's big themes are her relationships and her growing/expanding powers, which sometimes include Phoenix level powers.
    Last edited by MechaJeanix; 10-27-2019 at 03:11 PM. Reason: ugh, I can't write anymore. too many years out of school. urgh lol

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

is weird, people dont like bendis but jean grey bendis is great
    people like hickman but jean grey hickman is just ok.
    is there a world were good story and good jean in the future?
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    is weird, people dont like bendis but jean grey bendis is great
    people like hickman but jean grey hickman is just ok.
    is there a world were good story and good jean in the future?
    Bendis had some good stories. Hickman is starting his run.