Page 546 of 626 FirstFirst ... 46446496536542543544545546547548549550556596 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,190 of 9381

Something I'm noticing is that the blue/red worked with her pink powers in a way that green/gold just doesn't(even in other costumes).

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Something I'm noticing is that the blue/red worked with her pink powers in a way that green/gold just doesn't(even in other costumes).
    This is true. It makes the pink power signature pop a little bit more, whereas the green/gold kind of makes the Phoenix power signature (the orange / the fire) pop more.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I disagree, green is is nearer to being a complementary color to pink than red and blue
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The Red Dragon

You can put make up on a turd, but it’s still a turd. That’s really one of the ugliest designed things ever.

I have to agree with Wiccan. I prefer the metallic blue and red version of the costume as it compliments the pink energy better IMO . The X-men red color scheme took Jean in another heroic direction where As the green and gold will always make me think of Phoenix. Still, it’s a step up from the MG costume.

See, the way I feel about it is that a costume being evocative of the Phoenix costume isn't a bad thing. The Phoenix costume is Jean's most iconic look, green and gold are her most iconic colors. There's a reason that no costume has really caught on like Phoenix has - and that the widely most accepted recent fan design that's not Phoenix has been inspired by it.

"We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    I have to agree with Wiccan. I prefer the metallic blue and red version of the costume as it compliments the pink energy better IMO . The X-men red color scheme took Jean in another heroic direction where As the green and gold will always make me think of Phoenix. Still, it’s a step up from the MG costume.
    She used green and gold long before phoenix
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    See, the way I feel about it is that a costume being evocative of the Phoenix costume isn't a bad thing. The Phoenix costume is Jean's most iconic look, green and gold are her most iconic colors. There's a reason that no costume has really caught on like Phoenix has - and that the widely most accepted recent fan design that's not Phoenix has been inspired by it.

This is by far my favorite fan made costume. I love everything about it.

Both color schemes are beautiful, but for the Xmen Red color scheme, again, my personal taste for the red and blue. It was a new direction for Jean as a leader.

And of course she wore green before Phoenix when she was Marvelgirl, but there are only 2 costumes that the average person thinks about when they think of Jean Grey. The Jim Lee version thanks to the cartoon, and the Phoenix costume.

The only thing I hope is that the yellow comes off as gold instead of flat yellow, and the armor looking parts should always be a metallic color.

Vinny's Art did an amazing job depicting both color schemes. It comes down to personal preference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    That costume was made for the bin ugh it's sooooo bad. I miss Jean with a badass jacket from morrisons run.

Also Jean is a defensive character, her with battle armour makes no sense. She should be in something more sleek.
    I don’t know people keep saying this. She had no armor in HoX and was brutally injured and subsequently died. She may have fared a bit better had she had armor to protect her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I don’t know people keep saying this. She had no armor in HoX and was brutally injured and subsequently died. She may have fared a bit better had she had armor to protect her
    ...Let's be real it's not like they really take costumes into account when writing, unless the costume is a relevant part of the character(like say Iron Man).

A telekinetic should not be wearing armor because anything light armor can stop their powers should stop. It would also make you heavier, which wouldn't be ideal when your main mobility comes from mentally lifting yourself. But really, it just doesn't look fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by She Who Must Not Be Named
    Do it for the wardrobe.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

...Let's be real it's not like they really take costumes into account when writing, unless the costume is a relevant part of the character(like say Iron Man).
    Id say it did here bc thats the best way to rationalize how easily she went down considering she was in a dress and not battle armor

Let's be honest the armor had nothing to do with whether or not Jean jobbed - because let's be honest, that's what happened, she jobbed.