Page 547 of 626 FirstFirst ... 47447497537543544545546547548549550551557597 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Let's be honest the armor had nothing to do with whether or not Jean jobbed - because let's be honest, that's what happened, she jobbed.
    Jobbed. Yes, she could had used TK to shield herself

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Let's be honest the armor had nothing to do with whether or not Jean jobbed - because let's be honest, that's what happened, she jobbed.
    So did everyone on that mission, in fairness. They were sent there to die knowing they could come back.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    So did everyone on that mission, in fairness. They were sent there to die knowing they could come back.
    Nightcrawler, Monet and Wolverine didn't jobbed.

BANNED

My take on the Jean in HoX is it was fallout from Phoenix Resurrection. Jean rejected the Phoenix and in doing so, denied a part of herself since Jean is Phoenix and Phoenix is Jean. Its why Monet told her to try harder not bc Jean is weak but bc Jean is supposed to be stronger but refuses to be. Its why it was so important to have her back in the Marvel Girl outfit bc when she wore it in DPS she was already fighting against part of herself instead of embracing it. And I assume future stories will be abt her reconciling with that aspect of herself and reclaiming that power.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Nightcrawler, Monet and Wolverine didn't jobbed.
    Wolverine written as his normal self would have killed every living thing on the station, detatched Mega Mold, and had a beer in space on the way back.

Monet is a nearly indestructible telepath with super strength. In a normal book, she nopes the sentinels by herself with zero trouble.

Wolverine written as his normal self would have killed every living thing on the station, detatched Mega Mold, and had a beer in space on the way back.

Monet is a nearly indestructible telepath with super strength. In a normal book, she nopes the sentinels by herself with zero trouble.
    That isn't realistic for a highend military base, the priority was destroying the mother mold and he did it.

Monet gave support to Jean, send her into a scape pod and wento to fight the soldiers.

They were competent.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    My take on the Jean in HoX is it was fallout from Phoenix Resurrection. Jean rejected the Phoenix and in doing so, denied a part of herself since Jean is Phoenix and Phoenix is Jean. Its why Monet told her to try harder not bc Jean is weak but bc Jean is supposed to be stronger but refuses to be. Its why it was so important to have her back in the Marvel Girl outfit bc when she wore it in DPS she was already fighting against part of herself instead of embracing it. And I assume future stories will be abt her reconciling with that aspect of herself and reclaiming that power.
    Jean doesn't need Phoenix to be powerful. Pink forme was on her won and was really strong.

That isn't realistic for a highend military base, the priority was destroying the mother mold and he did it.

Monet gave support to Jean, send her into a scape pod and wento to fight the soldiers.

They were competent.
    Not realistic? Hulk threw Wolverine into the sun. He came back, and killed the Hulk. AFTER BEING THROWN IN THE SUN. At that point, there is NOTHING on the station that should remotely slow Logan down, let alone stop him. It was a master class in jobbing.

Like I said, Monet should have been able to destroy all of the Sentinels by herself. Her power set is completely stupid. The fact that she didn't is because she was jobbing like everyone else.

Not realistic? Hulk threw Wolverine into the sun. He came back, and killed the Hulk. AFTER BEING THROWN IN THE SUN. At that point, there is NOTHING on the station that should remotely slow Logan down, let alone stop him. It was a master class in jobbing.

Like I said, Monet should have been able to destroy all of the Sentinels by herself. Her power set is completely stupid. The fact that she didn't is because she was jobbing like everyone else.
    That was a overpowered story. These days Wolverine would never kill Hulk.

Monet could be jobbing, but she wasn't the damsel in distress that couldn't do a thing without Monet or her boyfriend

That was a overpowered story. These days Wolverine would never kill Hulk.

Monet could be jobbing, but she wasn't the damsel in distress that couldn't do a thing without Monet or her boyfriend
    Unless they've severely toned down Wolverine's healing factor (like back to his original incarnation level), I wouldn't bet against him. Just a couple years ago, he stormed an AIM base and killed every living person inside by himself. About the same amount of people as the ORCHIS station, and better armed since they have crazy AIM tech.

I don't disagree Jean's showing wasn't great, but the point is that everyone jobbed. I'll grant that Jean probably jobbed hardest, which is unfortunate.

BANNED

Jean doesn't need Phoenix to be powerful. Pink forme was on her won and was really strong.
    Not strong enough to prevent her from getting crushed obviously. Things would have been vastly different if she had access to the PF.

Unless they've severely toned down Wolverine's healing factor (like back to his original incarnation level), I wouldn't bet against him. Just a couple years ago, he stormed an AIM base and killed every living person inside by himself. About the same amount of people as the ORCHIS station, and better armed since they have crazy AIM tech.

I don't disagree Jean's showing wasn't great, but the point is that everyone jobbed. I'll grant that Jean probably jobbed hardest, which is unfortunate.
    Hulk is immortal, Wolverine doesn't stand a chance. i'm not even sure if Phoenix will stand a chance

Jean easily got yhe worse jobbed from the issue

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Not strong enough to prevent her from getting crushed obviously. Things would have been vastly different if she had access to the PF.
    If she was written like the powerhouse she usually is should enough and more to defeat.

I know this discussion is a bit tired and I have even evolved some on it. I was initially not pleased with Jean's role in HOX, but it did appear Jean was injured in the explosion and she did play an important role in connecting with Xavier. It is funny that some fans downplay this but in the story Monet is used to show that it was a powerful feat and one that Jean didn't think she could pull off on her own and yet she did. Connecting to Xavier at that distance and maintaining a connection with all of the X-men on the station was both useful and powerful.

Do I wish she came across stronger and more powerful? Of course, but it is what it is. I think the artists expressions on Jean's face helped make her seem scared/weak/distressed. Hickman may have plans for Jean or this is just how he sees her. She didn't do much in X-men 1 either. But I'm still hopeful. Next week we will have X-force 1 and maybe she will be portrayed better there.

I still want to see why Jean and Quentin are omega telepaths. They both need feats or situations for them to show and not tell us how powerful these two are. More often than not we are told how powerful Jean is and they don't always show us especially when it comes to her telepathy (though she does have a lot of great feats- I've been looking at the respect thread on comic vine).

Like most of you though, I just want her to be confident and have strong resolve. Both are more important than feats, but it would be nice for Jean and Quinton to have some awesome displays of their omega level telepathy.

Hulk is immortal, Wolverine doesn't stand a chance. i'm not even sure if Phoenix will stand a chance

Jean easily got yhe worse jobbed from the issue

If she was written like the powerhouse she usually is should enough and more to defeat.
    Jean or Rachel as Phoenix would EASILY nope Hulk. Unless Hulk can survive the destruction of an entire star system, with him in the center of it.

Jean or Rachel as Phoenix would EASILY nope Hulk. Unless Hulk can survive the destruction of an entire star system, with him in the center of it.
    Right now yes, I think they can take him. On the future? Not so sure. But it is spoilers for the book

Right now yes, I think they can take him. On the future? Not so sure. But it is spoilers for the book
    Ah, that's fair. I would argue that, but after Ninja Samurai Celestial God Phoenix Wolverine, nothing surprises me anymore.