Page 551 of 626 FirstFirst ... 51451501541547548549550551552553554555561601 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,265 of 9381
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's clearly NOT Jean using her powers.
    It seems as though she's 'assessing' some other power.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

does anyone know why she returned to her og costume i cant find the reason why?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    does anyone know why she returned to her og costume i cant find the reason why?
    No explanation was given yet

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    No explanation was given yet
    ok just making sure i didn't miss anything
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Almost as if Jean senses....something. she walks alone in the middle of a field--to be alone-- while she checks out...what?? Temporal displacement? Air not quite right?

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I like the pink, so I hope its something else going on. Though it wouldn't be the first time someone's miscolored a person's powers.

Kubert's art still looks great! Sometimes that isn't the case, but his style still looks as good as his past stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Almost as if Jean senses....something. she walks alone in the middle of a field--to be alone-- while she checks out...what?? Temporal displacement? Air not quite right?
    Seems like she is trying to find Wolverine on the previews, so this can be part of that

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Also? I still don't think that I like Jean's farewell to the Phoenix in Phoenix Resurrection anymore. At the beginning it was great and I still think that it was written well, but then, I don't think that it matches up to how Jean has been written in the past. I can absolutely understand her wanting to live her own life with her own emotions, pain and what have you, the ability to make her own mistakes, and all that she was asking the Phoenix to do... but I don't think that she needed to "break up" with the Phoenix to do so, and to be frank I don't think that she would have actually wanted to. Jean has been okay with the Phoenix and what it represents, what it did, since the 1980s. She came to terms with Dark Phoenix when she had to face off against the D'Bari in the 90s. Under Claremont, Morrison, Pak, and Kelly she embraced the Phoenix.

And then Morrison had it become like a natural part of her mutation. It was the natural next step of things, the connection to the Phoenix, and I like the idea that she subconsciously taps into it when she accesses the upper registrar of her powers. Because Jean is literally a part of the Phoenix and vice versa, I feel like the Force is almost like a secondary limb for her, and that without it Jean could, should, and would feel almost... incomplete in a way. As if something important is missing from her personage. And if her being too powerful is a question, then make the Phoenix Force something that Jean only taps into when absolutely necessary like a powerup; I like comparing it to the Avatar State from Avatar: The Last Airbender, or going Super Saiyan, Digivolving, etc. Making the Phoenix usable is not hard.
    As a Jean Grey Phoenix fan, I loved Morrison's run because he - imho - succeed in making both original Phoenix saga and the retcon work together, with minor changes.
    - The cocoon (of the retcon) could be seen as a Phoenix egg
    - Phoenix was both a part of Jean's powers and a cosmic entity
    - When Xavier says to Jean that he wants to talk to the Phoenix, the Phoenix answers. Jean speaks "with the voice" (as Cable noticed during Chris Claremont's Revolution run). Yet, when the Phoenix speaks, Xavier still calls it Jean. Is it a mistake from Xavier ? Or does he consider that The Phoenix identity is Jean ?
    - The Phoenix answers to Xavier and says "Jean is only the house where I live". It can be seen as "Jean is just a host". Or we can see it as The Phoenix can live outside and inside Jean. Her body is seen like a "house", like the body can be seen as a "temple" for the soul... And what soul do we have inside us ? Ourselves, and not other's. It's my interpretation, but there is more than this in Morrison's run :
    - When Jean hatches from her egg in the future (Here Comes Tomorrow), she changes/saves the universe by making past Jean say "Live Scott"... Past Jean speaks with... The voice. With the Phoenix voice. In that story, the Phoenix talking through Jean is... future Jean. And so we have it all : Jean=Phoenix and Phoenix=Jean.
    - Jean explains the Phoenix to Loga, and says that when she comes "too close, it replaces" her.

Maybe the Phoenix force that took Jean's place (Clasisc X-Men by Claremont) is a "transcendanted" version of Future Jean : a being of pure energy that wanted to live and feel like a human being (again)

Anyway, that's one of the reason I love Morrison's Jean. He really did his "homework" with the character's long and complexe history, and his take on the Jean/Phoenix was not "under the nose". It's quite subtle.

A note about "Phoenix Resurrection" : Rosenberg got some things right (and some things wrong). I liked that Rosenberg implied that the Phoenix was dormant/hidden in X-Factor's Jean. That leads me to... the "break-up". To me, the "break-up" scene was so wrong. Jean knew the purpose of the Phoenix, and she embraced it a long time ago. But when she said "good-bye" to it, the Phoenix didn't fly away. It became smaller and smaller, in her hand. Can such an entity just... disappear ? Or is it dormant/hidden, like it was during her X-Factor's days ?
    Last edited by franckd; 11-01-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That's clearly NOT Jean using her powers.
    It seems as though she's 'assessing' some other power.
    except we already saw the b&w version of the full page and it is her using her powers to pull logan up in the air
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    She's playing hide-and-seek with Logan and a bunch of Krakoan toddlers.

IMG_20191102_142813.jpg
    This is my Emma and Jean commission I got yesterday!
    Art by Luca Strati (Lucca Comics)
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

The Red Dragon

Hate the pink, so any other color is better. Yellow is nice

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

I don't recall if I posted these here but here are my Jean related commissions from nycc this year. Sorry they all have cyclops too. Russ Braun, Sabine Rich and Claudio Castellini are the artists in order of the pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    except we already saw the b&w version of the full page and it is her using her powers to pull logan up in the air
    Good. I love the yellow power signature. But I'm afraid they won't keep it.

I also like Jean's powers to be yellow or another color other than pink. In Extraordinary X-men her powers were kinda red/dark pink and it looked pretty good. I wish that her tp and tk powers would have different colors to differentiate between them. In the late X-factor stories her tk was pink and her tp was yellow/gold. I liked that.