Page 556 of 626 FirstFirst ... 56456506546552553554555556557558559560566606 ... LastLast
Results 8,326 to 8,340 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Unless he was trying to lay seeds for a plot that he's going to be forced to drop because of all this bullshit. That's the only way I can see it being recovered if his portrayal of the character isn't just THAT BAD.
    This was all discussed months in advance, Pery din't cut any of Hickman stories. if Hickman wanted to develop Jean, he would call dibs on her in X-men

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This was all discussed months in advance, Pery din't cut any of Hickman stories. if Hickman wanted to develop Jean, he would call dibs on her in X-men
    You misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that Hickman might be course-correcting himself because of the reaction to his portrayal of Jean in House of X.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

You misunderstood what I was saying. I was saying that Hickman might be course-correcting himself because of the reaction to his portrayal of Jean in House of X.
    Ok, but Hickman isn't a man to course correct because of fans

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Ok, but Hickman isn't a man to course correct because of fans
    He may not have had a choice. Hickman still has bosses who know better than to just let a character be written out of character when people aren't happy about it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

He may not have had a choice. Hickman still has bosses who know better than to just let a character be written out of character when people aren't happy about it.
    Any chance we can ask Scott, Alex, Kitty, Wanda, or Emma about that?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punch Dimension. View Post
    X-Force going down as the biggest dud of DOX. Hopefully future issues are better as it was by far the weakest #1

I don't think we will get a memorable Jean until Giant Sized.
    Comics are written months in advance. There was absolutely no course correction. Hickman mostly focused on the older generation of mutants. The Xavier/Moira/Magneto generation. And on Emma Frost.

Developing the younger generations like the actual team XMen was left to other writers in their own books. House of X was not meant to develop most XMen, including Jean.

Oh and in X-Force Xavier and Domino did not have good showings as they got themselves killed. Good issue. Now Jean has to bring them back.

I liked the issue. We saw Jean Usenet telekinesis to fly and we see say how they have to be ruthless towards their enemies, something she has not said since her resurrection. Glad she is joining Xforce.

I don't even think many of HOXPOX and X-men #1 would get to print if this was the case. I can see JDW gives somes tips

HoX/PoX wasn't about the X-men, it was about mutants. Hickman has barely written her and yet people are ready to jump off a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    HoX/PoX wasn't about the X-men, it was about mutants. Hickman has barely written her and yet people are ready to jump off a bridge.
    No one jumping the bridge. We saw him doing good jobs even for some cameos

how many times does it have to be explained that he managed to do much better with little when it came to other characters yet everything he's done with Jean has been a disappointment? Thats an excuse that doesnt fly anymore. He barely written Polaris yet her scenes were well done for the character. Percy barely did much with Jean today yet she felt more like herself in less pages than Hickman has written of her

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Comics are written months in advance. There was absolutely no course correction. Hickman mostly focused on the older generation of mutants. The Xavier/Moira/Magneto generation. And on Emma Frost.
    The Giant size issue will come out 6 months after he started writing her in HoX so thats plenty of time to course correct, if he wanted to. We saw Bunn do the same in Blue after the backlash he got for how he was writing Emma and he did that while double shipping his book
    Last edited by Havok83; 11-06-2019 at 07:07 PM.

I was not disappointed with Hickman's Jean.

yeah well youre in the minority in here

I was not disappointed with Hickman's Jean.

That’s great!

I’d still like to hear your thoughts on havok’s response to you though.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    That’s great!

I’d still like to hear your thoughts on havok’s response to you though.
    I mean, that is my response. But I was not disappointed that Jean was able to maintain telepathic contact on Earth from the Sun. I was not disappointed that her empathetic connection to her dying team was strong enough to elicit an emotional reaction from Xavier strong enough to sell the "No More" moment. I was not disappointed with her continuity call-back with Storm (credit to Williams for that though). I wasn't disappointed that she has a seat at the Quiet Council and made one of the three laws of Krakoa. I'm not disappointed that DoX-era Jean has a fire in her (contrast her treatment of Sabretooth with Emma's, her badass line in X-Force). And I'm not disappointed that Hickman has an interest in moving Jean away from traditional love triangles.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

"The X-fans are basically a bunch of people who buy team books that think they should all be solo titles."-Hickman (2019)
    "Cable was right!"