Page 557 of 626 FirstFirst ... 57457507547553554555556557558559560561567607 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,355 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "The X-fans are basically a bunch of people who buy team books that think they should all be solo titles."-Hickman (2019)
    LOL that Hickman is writing a solo for Scott on X-men

And again and again that no one wanted Jean to be protagonist on HOXPOX, but be well written

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

i liked seeing jean many times flying !
    when she met the marauders and when is time to fight
    we can be heroes, just for one day

When it comes to Jonathan Hickman's take on Jean Grey. I don't think it's bad or great. It's just passable.

You can tell he has more fun writing other characters. Which is totally valid and his perogative.

I am into Percy's fiesty, passionate, and frustrated Jean Grey.

And I know this is dumb. But I cannot stand that costume. At first I was like whatever but during the X-Force issue I was like Jean I hate that dress skirt and mask. Show us your beautiful face.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    "The X-fans are basically a bunch of people who buy team books that think they should all be solo titles."-Hickman (2019)
    re-quoting because...Truth.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

LOL at Fox

They doing another dark Phoenix Saga.
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    re-quoting because...Truth.
    so what? people like what they like .....any news about warm water being warm?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    They doing another dark Phoenix Saga.
    Any word on if Simon Kinberg is writing this one too? LOL.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly I was happy that there was no real Jean/Storm fight cause this forum would literally be unbearable, regardless of the result...

I was happy there wasn't a Storm/Jean fight of which imo Storm should always win. That said I like that their relationship is different than Cyke/Logan they are sisters and it's nice when writers remember that. The Nova situation was different that should have only ended in Nova pushing Jean to a psychic duel anything else was going to feel like a letdown after 12 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    Jean didn't save the day, she wasn't in the spotlight in X-Force. Yet, she was very in character. Her voice was right. I loved the book by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    X-Force was definitely not the biggest dud so far hahaha.

New Mutants was.

That said, I'm really into Percy's voice for Jean going forward. I'm excited to see more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    There haven't been any duds, just different flavours that appeal to different people.

Jean was perfect in X-Force. We saw the fire that has been missing.
    All of this, I must have read a different book, if this was the dud then I don't know what we'd call some of the other # 1's but then again I'm not surprised by some of the responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    how many times does it have to be explained that he managed to do much better with little when it came to other characters yet everything he's done with Jean has been a disappointment? Thats an excuse that doesnt fly anymore. He barely written Polaris yet her scenes were well done for the character. Percy barely did much with Jean today yet she felt more like herself in less pages than Hickman has written of her

The Giant size issue will come out 6 months after he started writing her in HoX so thats plenty of time to course correct, if he wanted to. We saw Bunn do the same in Blue after the backlash he got for how he was writing Emma and he did that while double shipping his book

Please say it again, Jean was not the star of this issue, and came off as such a better character than she did across the whole of HOX/POX.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I was not disappointed with Hickman's Jean.

You know what's disappointing for me, when you look back at HOX/POX Jean was sending her mind out millions of miles while maintaining short range contact with the team. She shut Sabertooth down, and was in part responsible for flushing out one of the three Krakoan Laws. Yet it all felt so hollow, there was no urgency or depth to any of her scenes. Hell, literally compare her contributions to any one else and it just felt like he was going through the motions there was no substance in her panels even though he did give her something to do. It just felt so foreign to everything else she'd done up until that point. When you compare X-force to any of her appearances under Hickman he obviously has a different idea of her voice.

BANNED

Should she have done it all to song? How was it hollow?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    If you have to remind people of Jean's contributions they probably weren't that meaningful, literally compare her contributions to anyone I guarantee whatever they did was more memorable. Not because she isn't the star, but because of how it was written even the lead up to her death felt meaningless not because of the resurrection but due to her literally spending the time up to it as communicator instead as active in the stories' narrative. Hell, Jean showed more emotion in X-Force than she did in all of HOX/POX and X-men 1 and she actually died in the former...

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Why didn’t she say “Quiet.” in soprano? Hickman hates her guts.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    If you have to remind people of Jean's contributions they probably weren't that meaningful, literally compare her contributions to anyone I guarantee whatever they did was more memorable.
    Who has to be reminded, though? Why is it necessary we run through a checklist of Jean's actions per month for her presence to be valid?

Hell, Jean showed more emotion in X-Force than she did in all of HOX/POX and X-men 1 and she actually died in the former...
    She was pretty upset on the Forge in HOX. What should she have been doing at a family dinner to show more emotion?

Sorry, but I want more than a few one liners for Jean. I’m tired of see her as just a supporting background character. I was so hoping to enjoy a force #1.