Page 563 of 626 FirstFirst ... 63463513553559560561562563564565566567573613 ... LastLast
Results 8,431 to 8,445 of 9381

I really wish another artist was on this title. There is like no emotion or life in that image.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    From X-Men Monday:

With her and Scott's expressions and Magneto on the side, my first idea is that this has something to do with Xavier's death?
    Cute, I like to see Scott caring for Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really wish another artist was on this title. There is like no emotion or life in that image.
    Sadly I agree, Yu can be so great but lately he feels rushed and static.

I'm a bit behind everything sorry
    but I liked Jean on X-force. She didn't do much but she was better than on HOX/POX.

she didn't do much on both books but at least on X-force, her attitude was so much better and the few things she did were very on point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    From X-Men Monday:

With her and Scott's expressions and Magneto on the side, my first idea is that this has something to do with Xavier's death?
    Seems like it, his seat on the council is still empty on the other image posted.

No sure if Jean is just sad or angry and Scott is holding her.

That is just Yu bein bad at expression lately. Everybody seems bored on his lastest work

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    someone in another thread said this is Cyclops manhandling Jean, it's funny how different people can take these panels lol.

Everyone looks basically dead on Yu art. He was much better on captain america, even if the art wasn't his best. probably had a bigger lead time to work out his pencils
    Pair him with Hickman was a mistake.

The body language makes me think of those scenes where someone is upset about something and another comes to calm them down and maybe take them away from the place to cool their head.

I have been reading venom these days and I have been looking for symbiot inspired Jean art like this
    ___Jean_Grey_Vol_1_7_Venomized_Phoenix_Force_Variant_Textless.jpg
    zjhg.jpg
    eyrew.jpg

I vaguely remember a variant wit Jean, Apocalypse, Sinister and Magneto(?) all wearing symbiots but I don't remember the artist and can't find it. Anybody here remembers?

I have been reading venom these days and I have been looking for symbiot inspired Jean art like this
    ___Jean_Grey_Vol_1_7_Venomized_Phoenix_Force_Variant_Textless.jpg
    zjhg.jpg
    eyrew.jpg

I vaguely remember a variant wit Jean, Apocalypse, Sinister and Magneto(?) all wearing symbiots but I don't remember the artist and can't find it. Anybody here remembers?
    that 2 image could give a base for a new costume

I can't help but wonder if they are discussing the Xavier situation. At this point we do not know if any telepaths have been trained to use the new cerebro. One of the data pages in HOX/POX seemed to suggest not since it is stated that eventually some telepaths would need to be trained as Xavier himself couldn't resurrect all the mutants that need to be resurrected. It would take a team due to the volume of those deceased.

This is just speculation due to the fact that Xavier's seat is empty. Emma's third seat is also still empty.

I hate posting back to back but I was going to post this in another thread that seems to no longer exist. But I do wonder what would have happened had Hickman/JDW had not came on to revamp the X-men? I know it is most likely hype but the last editor Mark P had said brining Jean back would be important for the X-men but also the Marvel Universe. At the time Jean was name dropped at least twice in Avengers. I do wonder if they had any big plans for Jean after Phoenix Resurrection and X-men Red or if that was just it? Directions change so much in comics so we'll probably never know.

I've said it before but we were spoiled with the amount of screen time and story Teen Jean got and how critically received X-men Red was, so it does feel like Jean has been back burnered in the current era in comparison. Though I feel like Jean has had important roles in Disassembled, and even in House of X. I think she will continue to shine in X-force and at least we know due to X-men Monday that she will continue to show up in Hickman's X-men book.

Jean is one of those characters that had a strong presence when she was killed off but also has a strong presence when she's in the books (even when she's not centered imo).

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    someone in another thread said this is Cyclops manhandling Jean, it's funny how different people can take these panels lol.
    I’ve always said comics are a projective perdsonality test.

Because it’s not live and words are limited due to page space, we all kinda get what we want out of it. It’s amusing.
    Due to this, I feel in some ways we can choose to enjoy a comic or not by trying to alter how we perceive panels.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?