Page 575 of 626 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585625 ... LastLast
Results 8,611 to 8,625 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They cant bring the Phoenix into the story at least not unless they are ready to resolve the issue of all the depowered mutants that are gonna be resurrected which HoX has revealed is a dangling plot point. Considering Quentin was able to restore Jubilee's powers with a Phoenix shard, there is no reason why Jean or any other host could restore the X-gene in every depowered mutant that is brought back.
    Hickman clearly wanted to set up the general world the X-Men/mutants are living in before doing anything like that.

With that said mutants have been powered without the Phoenix. Apocalypse himself repowered Polaris and Sunfire. High Evolutionary repowered Magneto. They should be able to figure out how to repower the depowered mutants.

Of course could Krakoa hold 16 million mutants or where else would they put them? Colonies off the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    When Emma was introduced she referred to the X-Men as YOUNG people and CHILDREN. She was originally same age as people like Xavier and Moira (who is also old but looks good). Morrison had her claim to be 27 when the Cuckoos called her a silly old woman. Of course Morrison also wrote Emma as having had plastic surgery, so besides plastic surgery and powerful telepathic powers of course she looks good.

Now under Hickman Magneto and Xavier speak to Emma as if she's a peer, as in someone their age.

She's definitely WAY older than Jean. None of the younger X-Men were focused on in Hickman's set up.
    Cyclops was used more than Emma was in HoX.

Emma definitely is not way older than Jean at least thats not something that Hickman has retconned here. Xavier and Magneto talking to her with respect doesnt suggest that. She is an important figure with ties that they need. Its as simple as that

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Hard to say as I don't have a exactly number of his interviews, but the ones I read completely refutes any "Morrison wan to ressurrect Jean". He says that he did everything he wanted to do on x-men and it was time to go, that he is worried about Scott.
    To be accurate, Morrison said " I'm most worried about Scott and I hope whoever comes after me looks after him"
    He didn't say he did everything he wanted to do on X-men. He said :"I'd reached the end of what I had to say on New X-Men". It's not the same. It means he didn't have anymore to add (which was logical as he was leaving after strong disagreements with editorial). It doesn't mean he had total freedom on what he wanted to write. If it was the case, he would have been allowed to write flashbacks. And he wasn't allowed. So no, he couldn't do what al he wanted. I'm quite sure he wasn't allowed to kill Rogue as he wanted (not that it was good idea firsthand). Not because CC wanted Rogue in X-Treme, but because Editorial didn't want him to kill Rogue. Editorial didn't care about CC wanted. When Morrison wanted Beast in his line up, CC was obligated to give up the character in favor of Morrison. Yes, it's unfair but that's the story of it. Editorial approved Morrison's idea or did not (like killing Rogue). And it had nothing to do with CC. In conclusion, whatever you say, Morrison wasn't free to do everything he wanted.

Quick question:

During Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix while they're in the future raising Cable, was Jean bonded with the Phoenix at the time?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Quick question:

During Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix while they're in the future raising Cable, was Jean bonded with the Phoenix at the time?
    No. She wasnt even in her original body. Phoenix doesnt get mentioned until the final issue where Rachel asks her to take on the codename. The actual PF however never came into play

No. She wasnt even in her original body. Phoenix doesnt get mentioned until the final issue where Rachel asks her to take on the codename. The actual PF however never came into play
    I thought she got her body back during the period when Scott was with Pryor? Hence why Scott left Pryor and Nathan to see.

AoCaP happens parallel to the start of Gen X, so my timeline is funky.

I thought she got her body back during the period when Scott was with Pryor? Hence why Scott left Pryor and Nathan to see.

AoCaP happens parallel to the start of Gen X, so my timeline is funky.
    Scott and Jean had their minds yanked from present day and into the future to raise Nathan. They were given new bodies which were meant to look different than their originals. Its why Cable didnt recognize them when he met them in present day. Its also why Slym didnt need glasses as the new body had control of his powers

Scott and Jean had their minds yanked from present day and into the future to raise Nathan. They were given new bodies which were meant to look different than their originals. Its why Cable didnt recognize them when he met them in present day. Its also why Slym didnt need glasses as the new body had control of his powers
    Ah, my question was unclear, I see the issue. I meant did the Jean in the current timeline once they returned from helping Cable in the future, have the PF? If not, was it with Rachel or just gone?

Ah, my question was unclear, I see the issue. I meant did the Jean in the current timeline once they returned from helping Cable in the future, have the PF? If not, was it with Rachel or just gone?
    Jean didnt have the PF when she returned. The Phoenix was MIA until I believe Morrison's run. Rachel didnt have it either when she returned to the present day

ETA: Seagle had intended for Jean to get the PF back when he was writing in 1997 but editorial nixxed that plan. It sucked bc she was put back in the green costume and almost immediately sidelined. We got so few material of her wearing it before the Revolution relaunch that did away with it

Last edited by Havok83; 11-19-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Jean didnt have the PF when she returned. The Phoenix was MIA until I believe Morrison's run. Rachel didnt have it either when she returned to the present day
    Okay, that makes sense. Now here's where continuity goes haywire.

Rachel gained the PF in Excalibur 52 during DoFP in 1992. But also had it in Uncanny back in 1985. I'm confused.

Okay, that makes sense. Now here's where continuity goes haywire.

Rachel gained the PF in Excalibur 52 during DoFP in 1992. But also had it in Uncanny back in 1985. I'm confused.
    Rachel got the PF back in Uncanny and had it for her entire duration with Excalibur. She regained it in #52 following a battle that nearly killed her. In that issue, the PF left with her body so she could heal and she returned later in the series as its host

Rachel got the PF back in Uncanny and had it for her entire duration with Excalibur. She regained it in #52 following a battle that nearly killed her. In that issue, the PF left with her body so she could heal and she returned later in the series as its host

And then she lost it at the end of Excalibur rescuing Brian Braddock. Which makes the bird MIA from 1988 to Morrison. Didn't actually realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    ... And why is that a problem though? The U-Men were taking pieces of mutants and implanting them into their own bodies to give them powers. That's horrifying.

And sure, maybe she panicked at first but she pulled it together to lead the kids at the school to disorienting them and then stopped them all on her own. That's a win, imo.
    Some people think their favorite character showing any fear makes them weak (not saying this necessarily about the person you quoted- just a side note).

Personally I love seeing some fear, and even some defeat. You literally can’t have courage if there is an absence of fear- and seeing someone defeated only to make a comeback is the best. Reason one million I loved teen jean- Bendis dragged her through the mud before she broke out as the powerful heroine we know.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    When Emma was introduced she referred to the X-Men as YOUNG people and CHILDREN. She was originally same age as people like Xavier and Moira (who is also old but looks good)...Now under Hickman Magneto and Xavier speak to Emma as if she's a peer, as in someone their age...She's definitely WAY older than Jean. None of the younger X-Men were focused on in Hickman's set up.
    That had been my take on Emma too, especially since she and Banshee interacted like they were of equal age back in "Generation X." Sliding timeline shenanigans to make her Scott's age.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi