Page 591 of 626 FirstFirst ... 91491541581587588589590591592593594595601 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,865 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I really want this to be how the costume is updated.
    First X-Lady

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    A upgrade for sure.

looks really good and a cool concept for a cover

Still looks like Jean is rooting for Australia rugby team LOL

I really want to know the reason for this change. nothing on solicits hint on a big thing happening for Jean
    We never got the reason why she was in the Marvel Girl costume in the first place.

The cover of Giant Sized X-Men has a Phoenix symbol in between the Y of Jean Grey. Perhaps this is connected.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    We never got the reason why she was in the Marvel Girl costume in the first place.

The cover of Giant Sized X-Men has a Phoenix symbol in between the Y of Jean Grey. Perhaps this is connected.
    Its not. Thats the official logo of Jean that was used for her solo in 2017. Emma's font is the same one used from her solo in the 00s

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its not. Thats the official logo of Jean that was used for her solo in 2017. Emma's font is the same one used from her solo in the 00s
    I'm not saying she's doing a Phoenix transformation in the issue. But perhaps they decide to portray her differently from the way she was shown at the beginning of HoX.

There's a reason that Logo is there and there is a reason her costume is changing. There's a reason she was put back in the Marvel Girl costume for the HoX to begin with.

Hickman clearly put the focus on Xavier, Moira, and Magneto reshaping the world for mutants. Jean as she was in X-Men Red and afterwards was a leader, and that's why I think Hickman portrayed her as Marvel Girl in the beginning of this, to put her in a junior position because he didn't want her as one of the initial shapers.

Notice just before this special, we see Jean Grey flying all over the place and using her telekinetic as well as her telepathic powers. Just as things are about to get started in X-Force, she has a costume change.

Oh, and the Phoenix symbol used as a part of her logo in her series in 2017? Where ghost Jean/Phoenix and the Phoenix itself were present? You're kind of making my point, this deliberately implies something.

I'm not saying she's doing a Phoenix transformation in the issue. But perhaps they decide to portray her differently from the way she was shown at the beginning of HoX.

There's a reason that Logo is there and there is a reason her costume is changing. There's a reason she was put back in the Marvel Girl costume for the HoX to begin with.

Hickman clearly put the focus on Xavier, Moira, and Magneto reshaping the world for mutants. Jean as she was in X-Men Red and afterwards was a leader, and that's why I think Hickman portrayed her as Marvel Girl in the beginning of this, to put her in a junior position because he didn't want her as one of the initial shapers.

Notice just before this special, we see Jean Grey flying all over the place and using her telekinetic as well as her telepathic powers. Just as things are about to get started in X-Force, she has a costume change.

Oh, and the Phoenix symbol used as a part of her logo in her series in 2017? Where ghost Jean/Phoenix and the Phoenix itself were present? You're kind of making my point, this deliberately implies something.
    You just contradicted your point

Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    This is literally SO good it should honestly be considered to be made an official variant cover for X-Men Giant Size Jean Grey & Emma Frost. In love with the concept, shedding her dated Marvel Girl duds in order to reveal the TRUE Jean Grey, the passionate, brazen and powerful woman who’s been eagerly waiting to resurface all this time, genius!
    I’m surprised Hickman and Dauterman have not responded. Vinny tagged them with this art on Twitter. I love the lining and detail do much!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You just contradicted your point
    Absolutely not.

I said I think the costume change and the Phoenix symbol mean she is going to be shown more powerful and more aggressive as soon as the Giant Sized X-men. That doesn't mean a Phoenix transformation yet.

You get ridiculously argumentative.

Absolutely not.

I said I think the costume change and the Phoenix symbol mean she is going to be shown more powerful and more aggressive as soon as the Giant Sized X-men. That doesn't mean a Phoenix transformation yet.

You get ridiculously argumentative.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Honestly? If the Phoenix is coming back I'd rather Hickman start laying the seeds for that now rather than later and Giant-Sized is probably the single best place for that.

Now... assuming that it does... would you guys want the classic Phoenix design or an updated version like, say, the one that Hope had in What If? AvX?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Honestly? If the Phoenix is coming back I'd rather Hickman start laying the seeds for that now rather than later and Giant-Sized is probably the single best place for that.

Now... assuming that it does... would you guys want the classic Phoenix design or an updated version like, say, the one that Hope had in What If? AvX?
    Classic design. Perfection.gif

Dauterman's Jean from Giant-Size <3

https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...58687245950976

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Dauterman's Jean from Giant-Size <3

https://twitter.com/rdauterman/statu...58687245950976
    She's beautiful. She looks like a grown woman you should take seriously
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-02-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

She looks so damn good. And he did the shoulders for the costume right too!

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I need more of Russell's Jean as a general rule. This is the best she's looked since being resurrected, and that's saying a LOT.

Larraz is a very close second.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    She looks so damn good. And he did the shoulders for the costume right too!
    Yeah, the original design by Asrar has the shoulders looking good. The reason so many artists draw it horribly is that damn X-Men Red cover. God, I remember how outraged I was when I saw that. I don't remember the name of the artist but he butchered her costume and unfortunately many base it on his version.