Page 593 of 626 FirstFirst ... 93493543583589590591592593594595596597603 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,895 of 9381
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Larraz is great, he is one of the few who made the MarvelGirl costume tolerable.
    Attachment 89907
    That's not tolerable. Ugh. The mask, the oversized gloves, and the boots just don't match the costume. Can we say fashion disaster? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I would like her costumes a lot better without the masks or the headgear. I don't see the reason for it.

Still I am glad she is leaving the Marvel Girl mini skirt behind. It's just too dated. I liked the version she had without a mask in AoXM, but I wouldn't want even that to be her ongoing look.

With that said since they decided to go back to the X-Man Red costume (but a yellow and green version of it) what was wrong with her red and blue costume? That was one thing I liked about Phoenix Resurrection and X-Men Red. Both updated her colors to red and blue, from green and yellow. The Phoenix costume was blue and red, and her new costume was blue and red.

Still, a yellow and green version of her X-Men Red costume is still better than the outdated mini skirt.
    Her Resurrection costume was black/red

I think the reason why they changed her Red color scheme was to give her one thats been iconic to her and green/yellow is her most iconic color scheme. I dont think it fits the Red suit though, which was made for red/blue. Unlike the original Phoenix costume, I dont think this can easily be color swapped and still look good

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I think the reason why they changed her Red color scheme was to give her one thats been iconic to her and green/yellow is her most iconic color scheme. I dont think it fits the Red suit though, which was made for red/blue. Unlike the original Phoenix costume, I dont think this can easily be color swapped and still look good
    1)This phoenix variation was so epic.

2)her most recent costume definitely looks better in Red and Blue
    (neilson-melo-262.jpg

______DoPlVLZU4AADnqy.jpg large.jpg
    uncanny-x-men-jean-grey-kitty-pryde-storm.jpg

BANNED

This was such a memorable look. Cant beylieve shes been stranded with these ugly looks ever since. The next Phoenix story cant come soon enough.

1)This phoenix variation was so epic.

2)her most recent costume definitely looks better in Red and Blue
    (neilson-melo-262.jpg

______DoPlVLZU4AADnqy.jpg large.jpg
    uncanny-x-men-jean-grey-kitty-pryde-storm.jpg
    Ugh! It was epic and Yu did such a great job but I was mad that he couldnt do the whole issue. The secondary artist just was not as good with it at all and I hate how rushed the series was which resulted in the inconsistent art we got. I wish they had taken their time with PR and double shipped Red when it was done.

BANNED

I see that color as dark blue, but in comics sometimes things meant to be black are colored dark blue so perhaps it's Black and Red. Either way I like that the Phoenix costume and her X-Men Red customes had different color schemes for Jean. You're right green and yellow are her most iconic color schemes but in a new era why not try out for something different? (obviously aimed at Marvel, not you).

Anyway at least they got rid of the 70s Marvel Girl outfit.

That's not tolerable. Ugh. The mask, the oversized gloves, and the boots just don't match the costume. Can we say fashion disaster? LOL
    Yes, Jean using that costume is a fashion disaster. Larraz just did it less bad than others.
    Though he has given us the best Jean art since her return.
    87uio.jpg
    loladultjean01.jpg
    _____________1534340583848.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-03-2019 at 02:49 PM.

I see that color as dark blue, but in comics sometimes things meant to be black are colored dark blue so perhaps it's Black and Red. Either way I like that the Phoenix costume and her X-Men Red customes had different color schemes for Jean. You're right green and yellow are her most iconic color schemes but in a new era why not try out for something different? (obviously aimed at Marvel, not you).

Anyway at least they got rid of the 70s Marvel Girl outfit.
    I think that was the case back in the early days when the color pallete was limited. Plain black did not look good which is why blue highlights were often used for contrast. Thats not really necesary nowadays, especailly with digital coloring which has a far vast color pallette. There's different colors used to add contrast to this costume but none of them are blue. I think its intended to be the black thats displayed

I liked it but I couldnt have seen it as her default look as it makes her look evil. The black/red look like an alternate DP costume. Im not sure why they even chose this for her when PR was her return as a hero to the MU

I liked it but I couldnt have seen it as her default look as it makes her look evil. The black/red look like an alternate DP costume. Im not sure why they even chose this for her when PR was her return as a hero to the MU
    My personal headcanon is that it was because it matched with Scott's costume
    cute1.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    D15Iz5qX4AsDpX2.jpg

Blue and Red go very well together, like Superman classic colo scheme.

But green and yellow is harder to mix. Phoenix costume was the right mix. Blue costume had black on it to help balance the colors. Red costume was really made for red/blue scheme.

The red on phoenix give it a 'bad vibes"

BANNED

My personal headcanon is that it was because it matched with Scott's costume
    cute1.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    D15Iz5qX4AsDpX2.jpg
    That's not your personal headcanon. Go back and look at the Phoenix 5 outfits. Namor, Cyclops, and Magik all had various Black and red combos (Magik had some gold on hers too). So you're FACTUALLY RIGHT!

As of the last issue, Jean is back to being called Marvel Girl in the cast roster. I wonder if this was an error. Anyways, hated the dialogue between she and Emma. It was cringeworthy as Hickman's attempt at shade/humor fell flat

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I really, really do not like the Last Phoenix costume. Red and black goes well together but it just... isn't Jean.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

As of the last issue, Jean is back to being called Marvel Girl in the cast roster. I wonder if this was an error. Anyways, hated the dialogue between she and Emma. It was cringeworthy as Hickman's attempt at shade/humor fell flat
    It was out of character and too much cliché.

I thought they were past marvel girl, but it is her Mutant Name