Page 600 of 626 FirstFirst ... 100500550590596597598599600601602603604610 ... LastLast
Results 8,986 to 9,000 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm still willing to give Hickman another chance with the Giant-Size issue... But yeah. This is mainly about how she was portrayed on HOX #4, the orchis mission. She behaves like a scared rookie, doesn't even try to defend herself or her friends, and Monet has to give her pep talks. It was ridiculous.

Most also dislike the Marvel Girl costume and codename.
    Thank you. This is the kind of detailed info I was looking for.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Completely adore seeing artists working, particularly in good old fashioned pen and ink. It teaches you so much about their techniques. Plus he draws Jean very well.
    And that looks like a resurrection egg in the next panel... only slightly worried by the shape of those toes...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is from the Rachel thread. I think it is cute
    ___tumblr_00ade16ff7dccd50a35d07f65b0fc61e_da58cf0c_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Thats the overall sentiment in this thread. Hickman just doesnt know how to write her. Those same complaints arent made by Percy over in X-Force
    So far I'm really like Percy's Jean. He does well with her voice. I like that in his X-men Monday interview he referenced Jean as being good hearted and he mentioned her wisdom in how she will balance the more morally gray characters. Though I like it when Jean is mature and intelligent I also want her to be a complex character like Scott and Emma are often allowed to be. I think we will see that some in her conflicts with Beast.

Though I prefer to see Beast and Jean as best friends but I am always eager for characters to disagree and have to discuss/debate with each other.

I love that Jean is on the intelligence side. It makes me relate to her more since I work for a statewide criminal justice agency and sometimes I think the average person may not realize the data that the government has on everyone (and beyond the state level, national and international criminal record data - though of course corporations have a ton of data on all of us as well).

This is very cute. we should had gotten baby rachel

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So far I'm really like Percy's Jean. He does well with her voice. I like that in his X-men Monday interview he referenced Jean as being good hearted and he mentioned her wisdom in how she will balance the more morally gray characters. Though I like it when Jean is mature and intelligent I also want her to be a complex character like Scott and Emma are often allowed to be. I think we will see that some in her conflicts with Beast.

Though I prefer to see Beast and Jean as best friends but I am always eager for characters to disagree and have to discuss/debate with each other.

I love that Jean is on the intelligence side. It makes me relate to her more since I work for a statewide criminal justice agency and sometimes I think the average person may not realize the data that the government has on everyone (and beyond the state level, national and international criminal record data - though of course corporations have a ton of data on all of us as well).
    Relationships also have problems, it isn't all flowers.

Percy said that we will see Jean on the action side too. So it won't be all deskjob
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-10-2019 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This is very cute. we should had gotten baby rachel
    We never could have. Scott and Jean could have had a daughter and even named her Rachel but she wouldnt actually be Rachel. That child would more or less be like a sister

I know some people think it is weird but I like Jean and Rachel interacting. Rachel was literally made to homage Jean, she is kind of Jean's first legacy character.
    they have so many things in common

and I like when Jean acts motherly. (I like when the guys act fatherly too.)
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-10-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Cassara finishes his own art, and now I see that he is so careful on his inking. The fact that he is delivering many issues without fill in is a surprise to me

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    We never could have. Scott and Jean could have had a daughter and even named her Rachel but she wouldnt actually be Rachel. That child would more or less be like a sister
    Close enough

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    My knowledge on Jean isn’t the best and I’m curious for some perspective. I’ve seen people expressing that they feel that Hickman has regressed Jean or otherwise being discontent with how she’s written.

Do y’all agree with those sentiments? Why or why not?
    For me it's mostly disappointment, because I'd hoped that he'd be a writer who would want to develop her characterization by really engaging her. But I fear the extended periods of time "dead" has left her in an odd space where most writers don't know who she is nor are they interested in learning. So instead they cast her into what role they need her to play, but due to that she's often written so wildly different. Case and point, XM:R compared to XM:G or any of the recent titles she's appeared in before HOX/POX.

As a fan of Jean it sucks a lot of the time because unlike so many of her peers many writers "get" their cores and write accordingly she doesn't have that luxury. For HOX/POX it highlights why I dislike most of her appearances because she's so often scrubbed of her agency to play once again Xavier's ingenue. So many posters consistently post about her contributions in that story but for me there's no emphasis on her actions. We go from their arrival on the Orchics base, to the explosion, and she's immediately looking to others for direction that continues with Monet after which she's embarrassing in that exchange. Hell even her maintaining contact with Krakoa had no stakes so while impressive its also incredibly forgettable because there is nothing to measure what's she doing other than how completely shaken she is even though she's been through worst.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    It seems like Jean will be appearing in Logan's book a lot. (more panel time is always good)
    I remember people were denying they were together.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-10-2019 at 06:42 PM.

Color me intrigued by this. Seems like jean will get action also on Wolverine solo

BANNED

Awesome! And it looks like some heavy stuff is happening. They look to be in a heck of a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    For me it's mostly disappointment, because I'd hoped that he'd be a writer who would want to develop her characterization by really engaging her. But I fear the extended periods of time "dead" has left her in an odd space where most writers don't know who she is nor are they interested in learning. So instead they cast her into what role they need her to play, but due to that she's often written so wildly different. Case and point, XM:R compared to XM:G or any of the recent titles she's appeared in before HOX/POX.

As a fan of Jean it sucks a lot of the time because unlike so many of her peers many writers "get" their cores and write accordingly she doesn't have that luxury. For HOX/POX it highlights why I dislike most of her appearances because she's so often scrubbed of her agency to play once again Xavier's ingenue. So many posters consistently post about her contributions in that story but for me there's no emphasis on her actions. We go from their arrival on the Orchics base, to the explosion, and she's immediately looking to others for direction that continues with Monet after which she's embarrassing in that exchange. Hell even her maintaining contact with Krakoa had no stakes so while impressive its also incredibly forgettable because there is nothing to measure what's she doing other than how completely shaken she is even though she's been through worst.
    I don't think anyone really buys that HoX was some all-time great Jean Grey appearance. It's just part of the hype. Once people are over the wow factor of Hickman signing onto X-Men, like everything else, people will be able to look at his X-stuff more critically.

Not to say HoX was bad, as it wasn't at all, but it wasn't a positive representation of Jean Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Awesome! And it looks like some heavy stuff is happening. They look to be in a heck of a fight.

I don't think anyone really buys that HoX was some all-time great Jean Grey appearance. It's just part of the hype. Once people are over the wow factor of Hickman signing onto X-Men, like everything else, people will be able to look at his X-stuff more critically.

Not to say HoX was bad, as it wasn't at all, but it wasn't a positive representation of Jean Grey.
    Sometimes it may take many years or so, for the hype die, so people can analyze fairly the books.And also there is die hard fans no matter what
    For now I think people are to hang up on critics on hickman because he is considered the Savior of the x-men books, saved x-men from obscurity. It's normal
    I think it is easy to say that Hickman didn't wrote a good jean for most of her appearences

It seems like Jean will be appearing in Logan's book a lot. (more panel time is always good)
    I remember people were denying they were together.
    I only believe when I see it on page.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-10-2019 at 07:17 PM.

That is beautiful and sweet.

I love it when Jean is motherly to her children, regardless of whether they're time displaced. It brings out the best in her.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.