Page 607 of 626 FirstFirst ... 107507557597603604605606607608609610611617 ... LastLast
Results 9,091 to 9,105 of 9381
    Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    But he wasn't in space for 5 years as a member of the Starjammers trying to overthrow Vulcan and save the Shi'ar Empire from his grasp like Rachel was. I'm sure the issues will be jam packed with characters (New Mutants, all those on the cover) but her exclusion would be a snub given her extensive history in space.
    Which is the weirdest part, I don't know why no writer wants to develop her in this way, at least give the girl space adventures. She has such an extensive history in the stars, I'll say it again why couldn't she be apart of a space corps such as the Annihilation series?

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I was hoping it would be gone after her Giant-Size issue
    Me too. Maybe it has something to do with all the delays on Hickman's X-men?
    At least I hope next time she is on the modified X-men Red costume. X-force solicitations should give us some light on the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Me too. Maybe it has something to do with all the delays on Hickman's X-men?
    At least I hope next time she is on the modified X-men Red costume. X-force solicitations should give us some light on the topic.
    I'm sure the delays are part of it, but Hickman himself said the characters have access to their other costumes, so even if Jean is wearing the miniskirt in that upcoming arc, it doesn't mean she won't be wearing the yellow/green Red costume in a future story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    She's pretty bad ass.

Whatever he's doing with her, let him continue to do so, it drives certain posters mad!

I'll never understand why Jean or hell even Rachel as Phoenix are not allowed to join the cosmic happenings, the Phoenix is always excluded or forgotten in those kinds of events.

This a thousand times, Jean is perpetually stuck in this role, based on how Marvel talks about her you'd imagine she's a lot more prominent yet the writers rarely do anything with her.

Also can I just say, Percy whatever you are doing with Jean please continue it's funny how ANYTIME a writer gives Jean just a little bit of attention, certain posters here lose their minds!!
    A cave lady Phoenix was a part of Avengers BC along with Odin, Agamotto, Black Panther, Ghost Rider, Iron Fist. They fought the Celestials.

Before the Phoenix appeared in Jean's book and resurrected Adult Jean, it appeared because Loki started a conflict between the Shi'ar gods and the Asgardians that lead to the Shi'ar gods summoning the Phoenix. That was the first appearance of the Phoenix since Hope and Wanda sent it away, and it arguably lead to Jean's return. See how Loki puts everything in motion? Perhaps he knew that Jean would be needed, as in that time period he was going things to prepare the Earth's heroes for upcoming comic conflicts. But with that said, in recent years we've seen the Phoenix involved in cosmic battles.

Jean/Phoenix fought Galactus in Generations, which ended up with Jeen knocking him down. Around that time Jeen beat up some trolls along with Thor.

In AvX while she wasn't Phoenix, Rachel beat Thor.

BANNED

Summers Family Reunion Part II

This should be interesting. It'll be the first time that Jean interacts with the Shi'ar since they put Teen on Trial and the first for Adult since her resurrection. I have my doubts about Hickman but in all honesty, she should be PISSED at them for slaughtering her family, a feeling that should resonate deeper than with Teen Jean whom didnt have the history and life exprience when confronted with them. In reality, the issue will be about the space trouble the NMs bring back, how Scott deals with the conflict and Jean will be a footnote. She might make some sandwiches
    Not too bitter, A? You ignore Jean bringing Xavier back from the dead and being on the Secret Council. Clearly there are greater plans for her. Her upcoming one shot with Emma and Storm, for starters. Her major role in X-Force.

And why does their have to be such hatred for a female character showing a feminine side? Jean's a mother. She is caring. That doesn't mean she never fights or isn't powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    And why does their have to be such hatred for a female character showing a feminine side? Jean's a mother. She is caring. That doesn't mean she never fights or isn't powerful.
    You're so right. Some people act like that's a bad thing but characters being motherly or fatherly is awesome, is wholesome, it's a sign of maturity, a sign of grow and strenght. I love when Jean does it with other kids or with her own weird kids.

and she acting motherly doesn't prevent her from kicking ass.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-16-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    This just makes me more upset that MUA3 is a Nintendo Switch exclusive. Jean alone already makes me want to play it, but I'm not going to buy a new console for one game. I hope Nintendo's exclusive deal will eventually expire and the game somehow gets ported to other systems in the future.
    there's no exclusive deal, Nintendo backed and published the project so it won't be going elsewhere.

But having finished the game not too long ago, I can tell you it's the worst of the 3 MUA. And while I'm still excited to play as Jean, the game is just too grindy and repetitive

I just saw this on facebook
    Jean mothering herself

DgLRV8nU0AE35Aj.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not too bitter, A? You ignore Jean bringing Xavier back from the dead and being on the Secret Council. Clearly there are greater plans for her. Her upcoming one shot with Emma and Storm, for starters. Her major role in X-Force.

I ignored what? Why would I mention what happened in X-Force for this issue of X-men? Completely irrelevant.

Sit down. There is no great hate for females showing femininity.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I just saw this on facebook
    Jean mothering herself

DgLRV8nU0AE35Aj.jpg
    I read and I htought it was Jean giving birth to herself

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Curious. So Jeen's hair darkens at tad in shade as she grows up into Jean?
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

I ignored what? Why would I mention what happened in X-Force for this issue of X-men? Completely irrelevant.

Sit down. There is no great hate for females showing femininity.
    After "war on christmas", now see "war on feminity"

I'm big fan of Jean feminine characteristics. Jus tnot a fan of only showing Jean doing dinner

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    After "war on christmas", now see "war on feminity"

I'm big fan of Jean feminine characteristics. Jus tnot a fan of only showing Jean doing dinner
    War on Christmas? LOL...whats that about

War on Christmas? LOL...whats that about
    Some people say 'happy holidays" because no everyone is christian, so now some people think that there is a war on christmas to end it LOL

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

The "Happy Holidays" thing at least hasn't taken off in my country, thank goodness. 333 years as a Spanish colony, some stuff ain't easy to do away with.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.