Page 609 of 626 FirstFirst ... 109509559599605606607608609610611612613619 ... LastLast
Results 9,121 to 9,135 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    TAS adapted it well in the 90s
    You're right, it did.

I wished movies could have treated it better. That story deserves at least one trilogy instead of trying to push everything in one movie... twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I've yet to find a good reason he needed her back in that costume, even with his "hint" during his interview. Why is Jean literally the only person, wearing her oldest costume I still hold the opinion if he was really invested in her this is what he would have gone with:

And yes if you can't tell...I'm bitter!!
    I'm all with you on this one : The New X-Men suit his my favorite "plain" suit for Jean.

About Hickman saying there was a reason for Jean to be back with her old 60's drag : he said he was disappointed that Jean's fans didn't find out why. Well I'm still waiting for his explanation. Because, so far, absolutely no-one, not even one single Jean fan, got his "reason"... So maybe, I really mean maybe, it's not us, it's him.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I'm all with you on this one : The New X-Men suit his my favorite "plain" suit for Jean.

About Hickman saying there was a reason for Jean to be back with her old 60's drag : he said he was disappointed that Jean's fans didn't find out why. Well I'm still waiting for his explanation. Because, so far, absolutely no-one, not even one single Jean fan, got his "reason"... So maybe, I really mean maybe, it's not us, it's him.
    I think he was trolling

I think he just meant that in-story, Jean decided to wear it for the same reason she did during the DPS. Which is nostalgia, "I started as Marvel Girl, so..." and whatever. Or maybe that, she died after she wore that outfit and then she died in HOX, so it was foreshadowing?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think he just meant that in-story, Jean decided to wear it for the same reason she did during the DPS. Which is nostalgia, "I started as Marvel Girl, so..." and whatever. Or maybe that, she died after she wore that outfit and then she died in HOX, so it was foreshadowing?
    She didnt die in this outfit though. She was in the Dark Phoenix one during her death (and Phoenix during New X-men death).

I'm not sure that x-Men Red Jean, or Morrison's New X-Men Jean was that kind of nostalgic person. But why not.
    And I don't think the 60's suit was foreshadowing her death in HoX (as the suit she was wearing just before she died on the moon, was her phoenix suit)

BANNED

I’m hoping it’s foreshadowing for her once again reclaiming the Phoenix identity. Separating her from it is an exercise in futility since all her roads in all media lead to it. Time to embrace it once and for all. She doesn’t need the Force just the imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Quiet Councilor View Post
    I’m hoping it’s foreshadowing for her once again reclaiming the Phoenix identity. Separating her from it is an exercise in futility since all her roads in all media lead to it. Time to embrace it once and for all. She doesn’t need the Force just the imagery.
    Thank you. The imagery is so great, so iconic. It's hers. As you say, we don't need the force.

They made such a big deal about Jean seperating herself form the PF that I dont see her using anything associated with it (imagery, costume, codename) unless she bonds with it again

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post

The only time when she was back with her 'old 60's drag' was during her trial with the Shi'ars. She wanted to put a distance with her Phoenix time and to go back in her 'own skin'. Now the context is different and it just looks regressive: like she's not anymore a 'mature woman' with years behind her but a young girl again. Like all those years didn't matter…
    Well, they all look different for me and it isn't just the outfit anyway.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    They made such a big deal about Jean seperating herself form the PF that I dont see her using anything associated with it (imagery, costume, codename) unless she bonds with it again
    I think you're right. She won't use anything Phoenix related until she bonds with it again. The editors wanted to let Hickman reset the X-Men and mutants in the world, and at that critical juncture they didn't want Jean as Phoenix who would have curb stomped Nate Grey and even made moving to Krakoa unnecessary, since the X-men never would have disappeared and mutants wouldn't have gone through a fresh round of persecution.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The only time when she was back with her 'old 60's drag' was during her trial with the Shi'ars. She wanted to put a distance with her Phoenix time and to go back in her 'own skin'. Now the context is different and it just looks regressive: like she's not anymore a 'mature woman' with years behind her but a young girl again. Like all those years didn't matter…
    Well, they all look different for me and it isn't just the outfit anyway.
    She's ditching the Marvel Girl outfit for a green and yellow version of the X-Men Red costume. Hickman has said her reasons for going back to the Marvel Girl costume were similar to the ones when she put on the Marvel Girl costume during the Shi'ar trial.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I've yet to find a good reason he needed her back in that costume, even with his "hint" during his interview. Why is Jean literally the only person, wearing her oldest costume I still hold the opinion if he was really invested in her this is what he would have gone with:

And yes if you can't tell...I'm bitter!!
    Nah. There was no reason to go with the Morrison look either.

Honestly her best costumes are Phoenix costumes.

Hickman put Jean in the Marvel Girl costume and made sure she DIED in space again in the same green dress that she died in before she came back as Phoenix. So perhaps it is foreshadowing. He has mentioned the Phoenix in the data pages and how the techno organic collectives fear the Phoenix and Galactus.

I thought that Jean changing the costume would be some important event but if she still using marvel girl on x-men #8, I guess she using Red costume is juat a one issue event;

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Nah. There was no reason to go with the Morrison look either.

Honestly her best costumes are Phoenix costumes.

Hickman put Jean in the Marvel Girl costume and made sure she DIED in space again in the same green dress that she died in before she came back as Phoenix. So perhaps it is foreshadowing. He has mentioned the Phoenix in the data pages and how the techno organic collectives fear the Phoenix and Galactus.
    Yeah, Jean looks good in Phoenix gear. I know Dauterman loves her Revolution Phoenix look. Would love to see that back in gold and green!