Page 613 of 626 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 9381
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I hope that Jean appears on the f4/x-men book.
    Emma, Kitty, Iceman, Wolverine, Storm will be there.

Also, I posted this on the Emma thread before but today comes out a game called Marvel Super War, Jean is not there at lauch but she has been teased
    (superwar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Also I posted this on the Emma thread before but today comes out a game called Marvel Super War, Jean is not there at lauch but she has been teased
    (superwar.jpg
    I love the models on this game, they're so pretty. That seems like an interesting take on the Phoenix costume, I'm curious to see it full.

If only she was the writer favorite chaarcter.

She is only of the few x-men that raised a son andnow have a son a bit older than Franklin. Myabe she gonna be part of it

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

If freaking Kwannon made a cover I’m hoping Jean will be on the final cover.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    If freaking Kwannon made a cover I’m hoping Jean will be on the final cover.
    Kwannon psylocke seems to be there becaused Dodson like to draw her. who knows if she is on the book

it makes all sense Jean show up...
    Last edited by spirit2011; 12-19-2019 at 05:37 PM.

I like Wanda but her MCU counterpart really did take a few things from Jean
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-19-2019 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Ew ew ew ew eew eewwwww
    Thanks for your contribution. Maybe next time you can develop what you don't like lol.
    Is it Logan about to stab Jean? Is it the art? Is it Jean's butt? Is it her feet?

By the way, since we're in a superficial matter, what do you think about artists' interpretation of the Phoenix suit, in general? Some draw the boots with high heels, others with flat heels, others like she almost bare feet. I tend to prefer the heels, like Dave Cocrum's original concept art.

Also I prefer, for the green Phoenix suit, that the phoenix symbol is contained in the black triangle. I liked, during CC's original run, that the Phoenix symbol was so small at the beginning, and got bigger and bigger as Jean got more powerful, and that there was no more triangle for her Dark Phoenix suit. Like if the Phoenix was "free" of control... It was a real nice touch from John Byrne.

I like Wanda but her MCU counterpart really did take a few things from Jean
    They are supposedly going to lean heavily into Wanda's magic side for the upcoming WandaVision series, so I'm assuming and hoping she'll no longer be portrayed as a Jean-like telekinetic

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    By the way, since we're in a superficial matter, what do you think about artists' interpretation of the Phoenix suit, in general? Some draw the boots with high heels*, others with flat heels, others like she almost bare feet. I tend to prefer the heels, like Dave Cocrum's original concept art.

Also I prefer, for the green Phoenix suit, that the phoenix symbol is contained in the black triangle. I liked, during CC's original run, that the Phoenix symbol was so small at the beginning, and got bigger and bigger as Jean got more powerful**, and that there was no more triangle for her Dark Phoenix suit. Like if the Phoenix was "free" of control... It was a real nice touch from John Byrne.
    * My preferred design too.
    ** Kind of like Ultraman's chest-mounted signal light, only instead of indicating Ultra's weakening condition from battle damage, it gauges Jean's Phoenix power level. (I mentioned Ultraman because Marvel's making a comic book of it next year.)
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    where's that from? Wolverine's solo?
    I found them in a Jean Grey respect thread:

Thanks for your contribution. Maybe next time you can develop what you don't like lol.
    Is it Logan about to stab Jean? Is it the art? Is it Jean's butt? Is it her feet?

By the way, since we're in a superficial matter, what do you think about artists' interpretation of the Phoenix suit, in general? Some draw the boots with high heels, others with flat heels, others like she almost bare feet. I tend to prefer the heels, like Dave Cocrum's original concept art.

Also I prefer, for the green Phoenix suit, that the phoenix symbol is contained in the black triangle. I liked, during CC's original run, that the Phoenix symbol was so small at the beginning, and got bigger and bigger as Jean got more powerful, and that there was no more triangle for her Dark Phoenix suit. Like if the Phoenix was "free" of control... It was a real nice touch from John Byrne.

Same it's such a small but unique detail that most don't notice however staunch fans of her's are immediately aware when the sash is on the wrong side or emblem with the black around the neck is missing. Also you know what's always been interesting, Claremont's Jean is unlike any other version of Phoenix, she didn't need to sleep or eat. I also remember him mentioning several attributes that Jean possessed as Phoenix that made her something different all into herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Also you know what's always been interesting, Claremont's Jean is unlike any other version of Phoenix, she didn't need to sleep or eat. I also remember him mentioning several attributes that Jean possessed as Phoenix that made her something different all into herself.
    It makes sense: Claremont's Phoenix/Jean wasn't Jean but the Phoenix. The celestial bird impersonated her.
    Last edited by Zelena; 12-20-2019 at 07:29 AM.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It makes sense: Claremont's Phoenix/Jean wasn't Jean but the Phoenix. The celestial bird impersonated her.
    That was before the retcon, this was while he was first developing what the character of Phoenix would be, the Phoenix Force didn't become an actual thing until Rachel adopted it's power.

Don't mind me, reminiscing about those precious moments when Jean is allowed to be sure of not only herself but her power.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    That was before the retcon, this was while he was first developing what the character of Phoenix would be, the Phoenix Force didn't become an actual thing until Rachel adopted it's power.

Don't mind me, reminiscing about those precious moments when Jean is allowed to be sure of not only herself but her power.
    Jean didn't simply lose the control of emotions, now it is xplained where people get this wrong idea.

BANNED

I agree. But this is fine by me, as long as Disney/Marvel do the Phoenix Saga (Jean becoming Phoenix, Jean saving the universe, Jean creating mental blocks to limit her own powers and keep control)... Then she doesn't need do go Dark. Been there, done that twice already.
    The Phoenix saga could fit into MCU. Dark Phoenix saga was done twice and does not need to happen again. The Fox films didn't use the cosmic elements, that was a part of it.

Plus the bad guy seduces the perfect sweet girl into being a bad woman could not be done today, that's partially why the Fox films didn't go there either.

Plus we definitely don't need to see Jean die again and that's one thing I liked about the Dark Phoenix film.

So no more Dark Phoenixes.

It might be nice of Marvel/Disney could SALVAGE what was done with Phoenix/Jean in Dark Phoenix and incorporate that into the MCU. Meaning they could introduce Phoenix/Jean has already having dealt with her dark issues in the past (like the film) and having moved on.

What made the film suck is the same thing that made X-Men: Apocalypse suck. Neither Magneto nor Mystique belonged, and they took up space that should have gone to other characters.