Page 618 of 626 FirstFirst ... 118518568608614615616617618619620621622 ... LastLast
Results 9,256 to 9,270 of 9381

I gave up on the X-books when Jean was killed back in Morrison’s New X-Men. When it was clear that she would return I started re-reading all X-books since Giant Sized X-Men as well as all X-books that had been published since Jean’s death.
    To me, Teen Jean was a breath of fresh air, it seemed like they could explore Jean’s full potential in a way they never did with the adult Jean, for some reason. (Well, not counting the different Phoenix stories.) And I loved the way they talked about the dead Jean. The greatest telepath ever. Almost a goddess.
    Then she returned. And I liked X-Men Red. I have read it 4 times. I know some people think she was too passive, but you could always sense her immense strength beneath the surface.
    I read the X-books on the Marvel Unlimited app and am always 6 months behind. I read spoiler threads and summaries here, and if something feels interesting I buy the books on the Marvel Comics app, otherwise I wait for the comics to be added to Unlimited.
    What I have read about Hickman’s X-Men feels a bit underwhelming. It feels like an intellectual exercise more than a story with heart and soul. And what I have read about Jean puts me off. Her return held such promise and then this happened. From the spoilers I read I always figured the Marvel Girl codename and dress was a not so subtle way of saying that Jean was held back in some way, but that doesn’t fit the way she seems to be written in X-Force.
    I just don’t get what is happening with the X-books at the moment and I don’t like what seems to be happening with Jean.
    Does anyone know if Hickman’s run has an end in sight? Maybe everything will make sense by then?
    Have some of you skipped Hickman’s books and just read X-Force where Jean’s voice seems to be well written? Is it possible to skip the other books? Are some of you Jean fans waiting for better times ahead and are skipping the current books altogether?
    Last edited by johnnysv75; 12-26-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I gave up on the X-books when Jean was killed back in Morrison’s New X-Men. When it was clear that she would return I started re-reading all X-books since Giant Sized X-Men as well as all X-books that had been published since Jean’s death.
    To me, Teen Jean was a breath of fresh air, it seemed like they could explore Jean’s full potential in a way they never did with the adult Jean, for some reason. (Well, not counting the different Phoenix stories.) And I loved the way they talked about the dead Jean. The greatest telepath ever. Almost a goddess.
    Then she returned. And I liked X-Men Red. I have read it 4 times. I know some people think she was too passive, but you could always sense her immense strength beneath the surface.
    I read the X-books on the Marvel Unlimited app and am always 6 months behind. I read spoiler threads and summaries here, and if something feels interesting I buy the books on the Marvel Comics app, otherwise I wait for the comics to be added to Unlimited.
    What I have read about Hickman’s X-Men feels a bit underwhelming. It feels like an intellectual exercise more than a story with heart and soul. And what I have read about Jean puts me off. Her return held such promise and then this happened. From the spoilers I read I always figured the Marvel Girl codename and dress was a not so subtle way of saying that Jean was held back in some way, but that doesn’t fit the way she seems to be written in X-Force.
    I just don’t get what is happening with the X-books at the moment and I don’t like what seems to be happening with Jean.
    Does anyone know if Hickman’s run has an end in sight? Maybe everything will make sense by then?
    Have some of you skipped Hickman’s books and just read X-Force where Jean’s voice seems to be well written? Is it possible to skip the other books? Are some of you Jean fans waiting for better times ahead and are skipping the current books altogether?
    Hickman is probably gonna stay for a while. This is the most hype there has been for the X-Men franchise in ages, he'll stay for as long as he wants.

If you're gonna keep reading and following Jean you should probably read HOX/POX, not necessarily for her but just to understand the current status quo a bit better. I think if you just start with X-Force you'll be confused. When it comes to the dress, she's wearing a version of the RED costume on the Giant-Size one-shot that's coming in February, but so far we don't know if she's gonna be wearing it in other books too or just keep the Marvel Girl dress.

About her role in X-Force, I like it so far. But that's a team book where Jean isn't the protagonist like she was in Red. The cast is balanced enough, so it's not like Jean was getting the short end of the stick or anything(she even has it better than a few so far), but don't expect the same level of spotlight as Red, or as Jeen had on ANXM/Blue.

I am not super keen on this myself, but I thought you might all enjoy it. One of the people I follow commissioned this for a Christmas present!

https://twitter.com/MutantMusings/st...546462721?s=09

IMG_20191226_174127.jpg
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am not super keen on this myself, but I thought you might all enjoy it. One of the people I follow commissioned this for a Christmas present!

IMG_20191226_174127.jpg
    Is it weird to think it looks like a fetish thing

Fantastic Member

I find Jean written well enough in X-Force. It's very much an ensemble so we haven't seen much focus yet, but I like what we've been given.

I DO miss X-Men Red because it allowed Jean something I have always wanted for the character. The allowance to interact with the rest of the Marvel Universe. Captain America, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man. It was great seeing Jean just converse with them and seeing them mention Jean in other books, like Tony, in Spiderman, saying he reached out to Jean for telepathic help.

I don't hate the Marvel Girl costume but I don't love it either. And though I hope Jean is brought into Jason Aaron's Avengers, as the foremost authority on the Phoenix, I don't want her to BECOME Phoenix again. It's a one way trip to death/comic limbo.

Not in favor of any 3 or 4 way romantic relationships. I'd rather see the rectangle resolved. IF Scott and Jean are done, I want them done. No pining, no friendship, just grudging colleagues on Jean's part.

I'd also love to see her genuine feelings on the loss of her parents. She mentioned the road trips she use to take with her family but I'd like insight into how she FEELS about their loss. She was close with her parents and siblings. Now their all dead and she's alone in the world. I'd love to see Jean reflect on that at some point.

OT: I will also, always be grateful to Bendis for Teen Jean. I never could have pictured Jean as the team troublemaker. He gave her a sympathetic motivation but allowed her to do some callous things in an effort to change her fate. It was awesome.

X force is fine, but I miss X-men Red Jean, she felt like a continuation of her Morrison self. she was confident, a leader, was in control of her powers. this Jean feels like she's regressed a bit and there's nothing wrong with wanting more Jean. She was dead for almost two decades

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

IMG_20191226_174127.jpg
    Turnabout is fair play! And at least to Krakoa, Firestar isn't committing gene-treason by siccing the Avengers on Emma like she threatened years ago. A turn as pony-girl is more acceptable.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Normal TK Jean isn't really an option with the way that Team Ninja made this game. There's no option for a free range TK power, etc. That's why Psylocke is very ninja heavy as well.

Also, in regards to the Phoenix coming back soon and Aaron's hints... back during the Celestial arc wasn't there a hint that Jean was feeling some Phoenix power when the celestial's nearly killed everyone on Earth? Something about her feeling everything burning. What if the Phoenix in Avengers is Jean?
    Aaron is a big Quentin Quire fan
    But I don't remember these details about the celestials

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    X force is fine, but I miss X-men Red Jean, she felt like a continuation of her Morrison self. she was confident, a leader, was in control of her powers. this Jean feels like she's regressed a bit and there's nothing wrong with wanting more Jean. She was dead for almost two decades
    Yeah we lost lot of stories all this time. Jean have to catch up!

IMG_20191226_174127.jpg
    This is some top shelf kink.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I find Jean written well enough in X-Force. It's very much an ensemble so we haven't seen much focus yet, but I like what we've been given.

I DO miss X-Men Red because it allowed Jean something I have always wanted for the character. The allowance to interact with the rest of the Marvel Universe. Captain America, Black Panther, Ms. Marvel, Iron Man. It was great seeing Jean just converse with them and seeing them mention Jean in other books, like Tony, in Spiderman, saying he reached out to Jean for telepathic help.

I don't hate the Marvel Girl costume but I don't love it either. And though I hope Jean is brought into Jason Aaron's Avengers, as the foremost authority on the Phoenix, I don't want her to BECOME Phoenix again. It's a one way trip to death/comic limbo.

Not in favor of any 3 or 4 way romantic relationships. I'd rather see the rectangle resolved. IF Scott and Jean are done, I want them done. No pining, no friendship, just grudging colleagues on Jean's part.

I'd also love to see her genuine feelings on the loss of her parents. She mentioned the road trips she use to take with her family but I'd like insight into how she FEELS about their loss. She was close with her parents and siblings. Now their all dead and she's alone in the world. I'd love to see Jean reflect on that at some point.

OT: I will also, always be grateful to Bendis for Teen Jean. I never could have pictured Jean as the team troublemaker. He gave her a sympathetic motivation but allowed her to do some callous things in an effort to change her fate. It was awesome.
    Phoenix is not a trip to death or Limbo for Jean. In 1980, Bryne hated Phoenix and pushed for her to be killed off. His words were the team had two powerful women (There could only be one), plus Phoenix was the evolution of Marvel Girl from a suburban housewife to a powerful urban woman (she had an apartment in NYC with Misty Knight).

MCU has Captain Marvel and the Scarlet Witch (who nearly took Thanos down solo). With the cosmic aspects of MCU getting bigger (Eternals is next) there is definitely room for Jean as Phoenix in the comics and in the movies.

Despite how bad Dark Phoenix was in some ways (the movie), Jean regained control and did not die. A crappy Fox film taught something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Oh I know. I also like that even though Marvel keeps passing around the Phoenix like it was hot potato. Jean still is it's more iconic host
    You mean the ONLY iconic host. She's the only Phoenix known in the movies and pretty much the only one known in the video games. The movies often make better changes to the backgrounds of characters to simplify them. Look at the Captain Marvel movie.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    You mean the ONLY iconic host. She's the only Phoenix known in the movies and pretty much the only one known in the video games. The movies often make better changes to the backgrounds of characters to simplify them. Look at the Captain Marvel movie.
    Even if I like Rachel, I must admit that Jean is the only iconic Phoenix known to mass audience.
    I feel sorry for those writers who have "Phoenix envy" and want to give the powers to their favorite characters, or characters not related or not appropriate to get Phoenix powers and imagery. I feel sorry for those writers because whatever they do, they fail. For most people, for mainstream audience, for game players, Phoenix is Jean.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Quire and the Phoenix five appear in the Future fight games. And the Wolverine and the x-men series uses the Phoenix cuckoos. More Phoenix host are being known slowly. In fact the last movie of the x-men introduces the idea that Phoenix and Jean Grey aren’t the same unlike the previous version.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Aaron is a big Quentin Quire fan
    But I don't remember these details about the celestials
    RCO031.jpg

'Overcome with fiery visions'
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    RCO031.jpg

'Overcome with fiery visions'
    I could be wrong but I feel like there were plans that were changed. I think they were going to show connections between the old avengers and the current counterparts but we didn’t quite see that. It was interesting that Jean was name dropped. She had been mentioned in the book before that.

I bet new plans with the X-men detailed whatever plans they had for Jean (if they had plans for her since this is all fan speculation). The former x-editor did say Jean coming back was important to the x-verse but also the greater marvel universe but we didn’t quite get that either (though X-men Red Jean did work with the Avengers to stop Nova).