Page 620 of 626 FirstFirst ... 120520570610616617618619620621622623624 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    What's everyone favorite Jean power manifestation
    Fiery

Sparkly

Jello
    Of course Jean burning down

I think the "jello" it's what fits her (natural, non-Phoenix)telekinesis the most.

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Jello
    My first exposure to Jean was her using the jello visualization. Heck, this image was on one of my old trading cards!

Jello with the hint of constant undulating wobbliness is the best visualization for her TP/TK when not in fiery Phoenix mode. Of course, IMHO.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    I gave up on the X-books when Jean was killed back in Morrison’s New X-Men. When it was clear that she would return I started re-reading all X-books since Giant Sized X-Men as well as all X-books that had been published since Jean’s death.
    To me, Teen Jean was a breath of fresh air, it seemed like they could explore Jean’s full potential in a way they never did with the adult Jean, for some reason. (Well, not counting the different Phoenix stories.) And I loved the way they talked about the dead Jean. The greatest telepath ever. Almost a goddess.
    Then she returned. And I liked X-Men Red. I have read it 4 times. I know some people think she was too passive, but you could always sense her immense strength beneath the surface.
    I read the X-books on the Marvel Unlimited app and am always 6 months behind. I read spoiler threads and summaries here, and if something feels interesting I buy the books on the Marvel Comics app, otherwise I wait for the comics to be added to Unlimited.
    What I have read about Hickman’s X-Men feels a bit underwhelming. It feels like an intellectual exercise more than a story with heart and soul. And what I have read about Jean puts me off. Her return held such promise and then this happened. From the spoilers I read I always figured the Marvel Girl codename and dress was a not so subtle way of saying that Jean was held back in some way, but that doesn’t fit the way she seems to be written in X-Force.
    I just don’t get what is happening with the X-books at the moment and I don’t like what seems to be happening with Jean.
    Does anyone know if Hickman’s run has an end in sight? Maybe everything will make sense by then?
    Have some of you skipped Hickman’s books and just read X-Force where Jean’s voice seems to be well written? Is it possible to skip the other books? Are some of you Jean fans waiting for better times ahead and are skipping the current books altogether?
    I kinda of like to think that Hickman has a plan for Jean. But X-force also makes me think he doesn't have it

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

What's everyone favorite Jean power manifestation
    Sheer badassery

Love this design for the Phoenix form its stayed in my mind since originally reading this issue

One of my favorite Jean moments and far too underrated

One not mentioned yet is the Kirby Krackle effect that got used by Cockrum a lot for psionics.
    jean grey Uncanny X-Men 098.jpg
    Also from UXM #98 is this 'jello' one which reminds me very much of the recoloured Jim Lee card
    jean grey Uncanny X-Men 098b.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Just unlocked Xavier's first and most prized student.

The X-Men Legends squad is back together.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

A brief but nice cover appearance
    EM4CnbBXkAc3a1t.jpg

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I love the Morrison sparkle signature.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    One not mentioned yet is the Kirby Krackle effect that got used by Cockrum a lot for psionics.
    jean grey Uncanny X-Men 098.jpg
    Also from UXM #98 is this 'jello' one which reminds me very much of the recoloured Jim Lee card
    jean grey Uncanny X-Men 098b.jpg
    I love the Kirby-Krackles/Kockrum effect!!

Also, the Orange Jean with the blue and green surround--that really showed her power! I was hoping that these 2 would have stuck...

It was at that time that they also gave Xavier the Kirby-Krackles-Kockrum when he mind-blasted a Sentinel in the water.

BANNED

I’m into that sparkle. It’s more subtle than the blob while still being overt, and it just looks really neat. I do love the Phoenix fire too, though.

Neon pink fire for me

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

loving this cover, only kitty left
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Sheer badassery

Love this design for the Phoenix form its stayed in my mind since originally reading this issue

One of my favorite Jean moments and far too underrated

Phoenix + Pink form. Wow that's a lot of power