Page 625 of 626 FirstFirst ... 125525575615621622623624625626 LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,375 of 9381

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Y’all, Vinny did it again!!! His take on the costumes is so good!
    Them fanfics are flashing back, baby. To quote a line of dialogue from one of them...

Emma (post-lez-coital w/ Jean): I'm having an emotion.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

Thank GOD for X'97. Cautious about "From the Ashes". Please no more Blue vs. Orange.

On the topic of Phoenix, I just prefer it with Jean or Rachel than any other character. I go back to Claremont's original intention and how he defined the Phoenix and Jean in the Classic X-men story where Jean talks to death (as the construction worker). He explains to Jean that the phoenix force was just a force but a lot of it came from her imagination - she gave it form, etc. He also said it was her right to wield it and it would be there for her children.

Though, because we've had no choice we have to accept the retcon and now the phoenix is some cosmic std. Too much garbage has been done with it, and I don't like it as separate character at all, but that is where we are at. I was excited back in the Grant Morrison days when the Phoenix and Jean were put back together (Jean was already donning the costume and had the imagery from previous writers). Who knew afterward they'd go back and separate them once more. At least Jean has had several big Phoenix stories: Original years, Dark Phoenix, Grant Morrison's run, Phoenix Endsong, Trial of Jean Grey, the Jean Grey solo, and Phoenix Resurrection.

Matt Rosenberg saw the Phoenix as something that overshadowed Jean but in truth I think it was the other way around. The most memorable phoenix stories center on Jean Grey. He also saw the Phoenix as something false, but a lot of us fans see the Phoenix as Jean's authentic self (often comparing it to coming out or transitioning .. which was the same way some fans felt about Venom). These straight writers have a very different take on transformation that some of us do. I never thought Jean had lost something by merging/becoming Phoenix but some writers seemed to think she had because she wasn't Phoenix originally. But again transformations can take someone to a better place or even a more self actualized place (all in my own humble opinion of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    A little bit of everything:

A long character arc that has nothing to do with Cyclops.

A new archnemesis.

Harsh defeat and a greater triumph.

Close relationships formed and explored on panel with some of the other big X-ladies, especially Storm.

A new love interest.

Some kind of deep conflict that isn't actually just about Emma and Cyclops.

Some kick-ass power effects displays.

Reclaiming the name that she has earned and died for multiple times over.

Flashes of anger. Hints of her enjoyment of power.

Kinda motherly scenes with X-23 and Hope. Moments where she absolutely terrorizes an enemy.

A little bit of everything.
    This does about cover it but I wouldn't want to see any romance with Scott or anyone else. I want to see Jean continue to be her own character. I just want her to be used/featured and to continue to be strong, confident, and powerful. I love her role in X-force and her position on the quiet council. I always love it when her powers are explored and she is an omega mutant (which eventually will become important story-wise). I do wonder how long she will stay on X-force or even the council because writers like to change this up often.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    On the topic of Phoenix, I just prefer it with Jean or Rachel than any other character. I go back to Claremont's original intention and how he defined the Phoenix and Jean in the Classic X-men story where Jean talks to death (as the construction worker). He explains to Jean that the phoenix force was just a force but a lot of it came from her imagination - she gave it form, etc. He also said it was her right to wield it and it would be there for her children.

Though, because we've had no choice we have to accept the retcon and now the phoenix is some cosmic std. Too much garbage has been done with it, and I don't like it as separate character at all, but that is where we are at. I was excited back in the Grant Morrison days when the Phoenix and Jean were put back together (Jean was already donning the costume and had the imagery from previous writers). Who knew afterward they'd go back and separate them once more. At least Jean has had several big Phoenix stories: Original years, Dark Phoenix, Grant Morrison's run, Phoenix Endsong, Trial of Jean Grey, the Jean Grey solo, and Phoenix Resurrection.

Matt Rosenberg saw the Phoenix as something that overshadowed Jean but in truth I think it was the other way around. The most memorable phoenix stories center on Jean Grey. He also saw the Phoenix as something false, but a lot of us fans see the Phoenix as Jean's authentic self (often comparing it to coming out or transitioning .. which was the same way some fans felt about Venom). These straight writers have a very different take on transformation that some of us do. I never thought Jean had lost something by merging/becoming Phoenix but some writers seemed to think she had because she wasn't Phoenix originally. But again transformations can take someone to a better place or even a more self actualized place (all in my own humble opinion of course).
    I don't think it's a gay/straight thing. I'm pretty straight and I love the Phoenix and the idea of Jean finding her real self and unleashed potential in it. I think Rosenberg just didn't get it because that's just not his kind of thing. He hardly featured her in the big return story so his interest in the character probably just lies elsewhere, specifically in her girlfriend role.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Y’all, Vinny did it again!!! His take on the costumes is so good!
    Do you have the link to the artist's page for this?

Never mind I found the artist link on Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/VinnySAart/statu...88316469882880
    Last edited by RachelGrey; 12-31-2019 at 01:34 PM.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Do you have the link to the artist's page for this?
    Not my cup of tea but here it is
    https://twitter.com/VinnySAart/statu...88316469882880

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't think it's a gay/straight thing. I'm pretty straight and I love the Phoenix and the idea of Jean finding her real self and unleashed potential in it. I think Rosenberg just didn't get it because that's just not his kind of thing. He hardly featured her in the big return story so his interest in the character probably just lies elsewhere, specifically in her girlfriend role.
    You clearly misunderstood. I never said all Jean fans feel this way, but I was referencing many lgbt fans. I've been in this community like 20 years so I know a little bit about the online fan base. Every time I make a generalization about the gay male Jean fan base I get comments from some straight fans trying to tell me what I know. Please stop.

I stand by my original comments.

BANNED

Realistically had Jean been Phoenix or had Jeen been around, either Phoenix/Jean or Jeen would have curb stomped Nate Grey and there would have been no Age of XMan. The disappearance of the XMem lead to yet another attempt of genocide, and was the pretext used to launch Krakoa.

So yes Phoenix could not be around to stop this.

Nor could Jeen.

Now with the XMem world reset and them settled in Krakoa, Jean can do things like bring Krakoa back and get out of the Marvel Girl skirt. And become Phoenix again.

Lot of plots were dropped in order to let Hickman reboot the world of the XMen. I believe this was done because of the merger. Goid XMen comic plots can now be written once again, and they can make the MCU now.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    You clearly misunderstood. I never said all Jean fans feel this way, but I was referencing many lgbt fans. I've been in this community like 20 years so I know a little bit about the online fan base. Every time I make a generalization about the gay male Jean fan base I get comments from some straight fans trying to tell me what I know. Please stop.

I stand by my original comments.
    Does Jean have a lot of gay fans? I'm gay and I love her but I always thought Storm was the gay icon of the X-men

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    Does Jean have a lot of gay fans? I'm gay and I love her but I always thought Storm was the gay icon of the X-men
    All the men that are Jean fans that I know in real life are gay.
    not that there is anything wrong with that but I wonder why?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 12-31-2019 at 01:47 PM.

The pretty much defunt Jean Grey message board was full of gay male fans. Now of course there were straight guys, bi girls, straight women too and probably every one else in between but we had a lot of gay males. Same with any Jean Grey fan group on Facebook or anywhere else you look.

Syfy wire even did an article called the queer fanbase of Jean Grey:

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-qu...e-of-jean-grey

Of course those of us in the fandom already knew about this aspect of the fanbase because we live it. I have been challenged on this generalization before, but it always shocks me. Are people not observant? There was a time the off topic thread on this board was dominated by young gay guys talking about their love/ dating life, school, etc. Most X-men boards are dominated by gay guys but then when we say it we usually get challenged like we make it up. It can be frustrating.

Of course a lot of the X-women characters have a lot of gay fans but when it comes to the online fandom it would be hard to beat Jean Grey. There were some Dazzler fans who always acted like most gay fans loved her, but again the Jean Grey fandom would be tough to beat (its not a competition of course).

Fans love characters for many different reasons. I do have theories about Jean that do involve transformations but there are probably a lot of other reasons we fall for Jean.

Straight male X-Men fans only like Wolverine. And Deadpool. Maybe Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Straight male X-Men fans only like Wolverine. And Deadpool. Maybe Gambit.
    I wouldn't go that far. I know online fandom isn't representative of the fanbase as a whole, but X-men has a diverse fanbase especially concerning gender and sexuality among other groups/intersections.

I think all the X-Women have a considerable gay following lol. It's like stanning pop singers.