Page 64 of 626 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164564 ... LastLast

#EmiliaClarkeForMCUJean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Dark phoenix is going to bomb. I don't want it but it probably will. Sophie is just not good and probably was casted only for her work on Game of thrones.
    It sounds hard but is the sad truth
    A friend of mine saw the early screening of Dark Phoenix last week in Los Angeles. I wont hint at any spoilers but it doesn't seem to be Catwoman or something

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post

#EmiliaClarkeForMCUJean
    NO NO NO

stop casting GOT actors as if they are good.

Incredible Member

I don't think it's Sophie Turner's fault as much as the writing. If you keep on only writing Jean as an awkward insecure potential walking bomb, the audience will have difficulties relating to the character and feel empathy for Jean.
    And since we all agree that empathy is one of the defining traits of the character that's a pity.
    Sophie Turner didn't have yet enough screentime and the writing to show us the Jean Grey she could have been given the opportunity, let's just hope the next actress who will end up with the role will be well served.
    My choices for the role are Maya Hawke and Jane Levy.

I actually think it's gonna bomb too but not thanks to Sophie, who's bae.
    Sophie's big forehead distracts me more than it should.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Can I just say that the idea of Jean Grey hiding a love of trashy soap opera's is possibly the best thing ever?
    Jean's eyes should be green, not blue. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by mike7171 View Post
    Jean's eyes should be green, not blue. LOL.
    While some fans may not think it is a big deal or simply a coloring error, I don't see it that way. I hate that current creative teams simply do not know the characters, be it in large or small details.

#EmiliaClarkeForMCUJean
    I could get on board with that.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I could get on board with that.
    I was mostly just trolling phoenixzero, but I probably would be ok with it too lol.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

ok3.jpg

jean in the new guardiasn of the galaxy
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darewithpeace View Post
    ok3.jpg

jean in the new guardiasn of the galaxy
    Last will of thanos actually.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    She used empathy and the suffering of other people to get through to the both of them. It's the same strategy. I was only pointing out that it's really similar in two different comics within a few months of each other. I believe it takes away from the impact and importance since she quite literally just did the same trick.

But what is wrong with the same strategy based on individuals’ power sets? I don’t grt why Jean is being criticised fir this (I do think she needs to show a but more variety) but the same issues aren’t raised when Wolvievslices people up, Cyclops uses his optic blasts, Storm uses lightening or winds against someone, Psylocke uses her psychic weapons, Iron Man uses blasts against someone, Susan Storm goes invisible. I agree that is was the same attempt,, and Id like tosee Jean use her TP a but more creatively. But, with Cassandra it worked, with Nate it didn’t really, so let’s see Jean learn from that. But to criticise her for using her powers in a way that suits her personality, or in a way she has before (which had different outcomes) doesn’t seem fair.
    Thank you.

Not every attack is a punch.
    Ffffn h vrdf. T v

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wiccan View Post

#emiliaclarkeformcujean
    Nooooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    She used empathy and the suffering of other people to get through to the both of them. It's the same strategy. I was only pointing out that it's really similar in two different comics within a few months of each other. I believe it takes away from the impact and importance since she quite literally just did the same trick.

Thank you.

Not every attack is a punch.
    But what is wrong with the same strategy based on individuals’ power sets? I don’t get why Jean is being criticised for this (I do think she needs to show a but more variety) but the same issues aren’t raised when Wolvie slices people up, Cyclops uses his optic blasts, Storm uses lightening or winds against someone, Psylocke uses her psychic weapons, Iron Man uses blasts against someone, Susan Storm goes invisible etc etc I agree that it was a similar attempt, and I’d like to seee Jean use her TP a but more creatively. But, with Cassandra it worked, with Nate it didn’t really, so let’s see Jean learn from that. But to criticise her for using her powers in a way that suits her personality, or in a way she has before (which had different outcomes) doesn’t seem fair.