Page 66 of 626 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    For me, Jean is the soul of the X-Men, so what would be the MCU X-Men without their soul?

The FOX X-Men Films were not great in terms of character building, they rushed the stories which resulted in an incoherent universe which has become the mess we're in today. And the Jean Grey character suffered a lot (maybe not so much as James Marsden's Cyclops) despite Famke Jansen's great acting. There were few moments in the films I felt the Jean I knew in the comics onscreen. I remember some moments in X2 that hint at her potential, but that was it. Then they're doing it again with Sophie Turner which after having just been introduced in Apocalypse is Dark Phoenix by her second film.
    No transition+no character building= no one cares.
    The MCU needs Jean Grey (and the O5 by the way), but they need to build the character first, have a sense of when to introduce each character and NOT touch the Phoenix story before the fourth or fifth film! By that time, maybe people will have forgotten there had been FOX movies!
    Jean is the heart, Kurt is the soul

I really wish Fox would do anything else but not dark phoenix. They already messed up the first time and now it seems unlikely to do it right.

It's hard to think x-men without Jean. in MCU she may have a reduced role because of dark phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Jean will be in the MCU. Jean hasn't had a huge screen time on the fox movies but she has ben there and somewhat important. There is an entire era on the x-books without Jean, i could see Disney ignoring her in order to no repeat the stuff Fox has done.
    They can manage that by doing an updated O5. The current trilogy almost managed that but cut the scenes out for more of the same Xavier/Magneto angst that they feel no X-Film can do without.

Scott, Jean, Hank, Ororo and one other to round them out (yes, very similar to the Ultimate X-Men roster except without having to make the characters a bad parody, much like the MCU films use close to Ultimate costumes but avoid that characterization like the plague).

Scott and Jean are at the core of the X-mythos - Ororo is the next biggest non-Wolverine character in the franchise, and Hank is pretty big too, plus his science background lets him play Mr. Exposition is need be for the audience by way of explaining to any of the other characters (plus Hank is...verbose enough that exposition isn't jarringly OOC for him). Leave the 5th for a director/producer favorite to give them some wiggle room.

I'd leave Wolverine out of the first film if possible to prevent a repeat of the first franchise, maybe introduce him as an old friend of Xavier's at or near the end. Or in the post-credit stinger Marvel is so known for, especially if they pop him into an Avengers film first.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    They can manage that by doing an updated O5. The current trilogy almost managed that but cut the scenes out for more of the same Xavier/Magneto angst that they feel no X-Film can do without.

Scott, Jean, Hank, Ororo and one other to round them out (yes, very similar to the Ultimate X-Men roster except without having to make the characters a bad parody, much like the MCU films use close to Ultimate costumes but avoid that characterization like the plague).

Scott and Jean are at the core of the X-mythos - Ororo is the next biggest non-Wolverine character in the franchise, and Hank is pretty big too, plus his science background lets him play Mr. Exposition is need be for the audience by way of explaining to any of the other characters (plus Hank is...verbose enough that exposition isn't jarringly OOC for him). Leave the 5th for a director/producer favorite to give them some wiggle room.

I'd leave Wolverine out of the first film if possible to prevent a repeat of the first franchise, maybe introduce him as an old friend of Xavier's at or near the end. Or in the post-credit stinger Marvel is so known for, especially if they pop him into an Avengers film first.
    I say new 05 in mcu should be jean, scott, Storm, icetwink (i.e. gay iceman for those unaware of the jargon), and the 5th spot being someone else ( not hank)

I like beast but I think (for my own selection) he and angel would be cut to make a more modern and representative 05: but everyone has their own preference.

Btw, even if dark Phoenix “sucks”, illl still enjoy it. Apocalypse was not a good movie
    Technically speaking, but I loved jean’s role.

So while dark Phoenix potentially being a dud could have negative ramifications, at least we can enjoy it for what it is. For Those of us that are easy to please. (Trust Me, id prefer a more developed story with more
    Time Until dark Phoenix, but I’ll take what I can get).
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

I still think it would be really cool to have the O5 as teens + Logan and Storm as "teachers", and go for an X-Men Evolution tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I still think it would be really cool to have the O5 as teens + Logan and Storm as "teachers", and go for an X-Men Evolution tone.
    Yeah, I could get in board with that. I think if the goal is to bring in a crop of young actors and leave room for growth, X-Men Evolution provides a good template. Over the course of that show, we saw how these characters went from teenagers with superpowers to legitimate heroes. I think with the success of Spider-Man Homecoming, that method can work just as well for the X-Men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    That could work too.

Evolution was such a great show once I gave it a chance.
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    For me, Jean is the soul of the X-Men, so what would be the MCU X-Men without their soul?

The FOX X-Men Films were not great in terms of character building, they rushed the stories which resulted in an incoherent universe which has become the mess we're in today. And the Jean Grey character suffered a lot (maybe not so much as James Marsden's Cyclops) despite Famke Jansen's great acting. There were few moments in the films I felt the Jean I knew in the comics onscreen. I remember some moments in X2 that hint at her potential, but that was it. Then they're doing it again with Sophie Turner which after having just been introduced in Apocalypse is Dark Phoenix by her second film.
    No transition+no character building= no one cares.
    The MCU needs Jean Grey (and the O5 by the way), but they need to build the character first, have a sense of when to introduce each character and NOT touch the Phoenix story before the fourth or fifth film! By that time, maybe people will have forgotten there had been FOX movies!
    There’s no neee for them to keep retreading old ground. Just have Jean Grey as Phoenix in the MCU. Between the current Fox movies (Dark Phoenix and MCU) and XMen Gifted and Legion there’s more than enough for MCU to salvage whikevaddibg mire mutants.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Just have Jean Grey as Phoenix in the MCU.
    That's the problem, FOX already did the phoenix twice, i doubt Disney would want to do it a third time. Maybe she will be there but not as phoenix
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-28-2019 at 10:08 AM.

Yeah don’t do Phoenix. She can have the power effects but don’t retread the same storyline. Give Jean another new path.
    First X-Lady

X-men Evolution explored Jean's powers without mentioning the Phoenix once (until the last two minutes of the entire series). The episode "Power Surge" is the template I would use when adapting Jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    X-men Evolution explored Jean's powers without mentioning the Phoenix once (until the last two minutes of the entire series). The episode "Power Surge" is the template I would use when adapting Jean.
    Except...if the show had been renewed for an additional year, they were going to do some type of Phoenix storyline. Hopefully, one where Jean rejected the Phoenix and lived.

X-Men comics have been around for 55 years and there have been a ton of great stories besides just the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga. I dont see why they need to revisit that yet again when we have stuff like the Mutant Massacre, Inferno, X-Tinction Agenda, Operation Zero Tolerance still unexplored

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X-Men comics have been around for 55 years and there have been a ton of great stories besides just the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga. I dont see why they need to revisit that yet again when we have stuff like the Mutant Massacre, Inferno, X-Tinction Agenda, Operation Zero Tolerance still unexplored
    I say the same thing when, I see all these terrible 90s rehashes.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    I say the same thing when, I see all these terrible 90s rehashes.
    like what?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    like what?
    Like the one we're currently set to struggle through.