Page 67 of 626 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117167567 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 9381

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Like the one we're currently set to struggle through.
    Oh you're talking about the books? Thats a different beast than the movies. Terrible rehash is terrible, regardless of era. Xmen Gold was built on 80s nostalgia (complete with its own version of the Dark Phoenix Saga) and that was dreadful.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    X-Men comics have been around for 55 years and there have been a ton of great stories besides just the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga. I dont see why they need to revisit that yet again when we have stuff like the Mutant Massacre, Inferno, X-Tinction Agenda, Operation Zero Tolerance still unexplored
    Even the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix sagas have never really been made onscreen. No Phoenix saving the universe (The M'Krann crystal) then being corrupted by outside forces (the Hellfire Club) then only turning into an angel of death. There's a progression in the story arc and they never respected that progression. I remember as a kid first being in awe of Phoenix, her power and passion, then I started worrying because she was played by Mastermind and had dark impulses. Then I was sad and afraid when she was overwhelmed by the Dark Phoenix persona and sacrificed herself. I want the audience to feel those emotions and this needs progression, this story is a great story and needs to be told, but not before a few years!

X-Men comics have been around for 55 years and there have been a ton of great stories besides just the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix saga. I dont see why they need to revisit that yet again when we have stuff like the Mutant Massacre, Inferno, X-Tinction Agenda, Operation Zero Tolerance still unexplored
    Well...

The Mutant Massacre requires explaining what the **** Cassandra Nova is. I guess they could just do a retcon that Charles had an evil sister that removed memories of her existence from him.

Inferno... requires Maddie.

OZT would work as the finisher in a trilogy once you get all the bad guys explained like Trask, Stryker, and of course Bastion.

PS and DPS get used the most because it's one of, if not the, iconic storylines in X-history. Getting it right means getting the X-Men right.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Well...

The Mutant Massacre requires explaining what the **** Cassandra Nova is. I guess they could just do a retcon that Charles had an evil sister that removed memories of her existence from him.

Inferno... requires Maddie.

OZT would work as the finisher in a trilogy once you get all the bad guys explained like Trask, Stryker, and of course Bastion.

PS and DPS get used the most because it's one of, if not the, iconic storylines in X-history. Getting it right means getting the X-Men right.
    The Mutant Massacre came out in the 80s, LONG before Nova was ever created

Inferno doesnt need Madelyne. The movies arent straight adapations of the books, but rather influenced. The concept of NY being turned into a demon hellscape is rather interesting and it happened bc of Illyana, not Madelyne. Thats something that can be spun out of New Mutants if they were to incorporate them.

Again, you dont need all that for OZT. Having someone so desperate to erradicate mutants that they convert humans into sentinels only needs one of those guys to act as a villian. IA that it works later in the franchise after mutants have been well established.

I know why the Phoenix tends to be used bu they do the line a disservice by ignoring so many other good stuff. To date, the only decent adaptation of that story has been the 90s cartoon. Its time to move onto other material

BANNED

Problem is that most of the "big" Xmen stories look a lot like popular culture movies.

Inferno you can compare to Ghost Busters.

Brood= Aliens
    Phalanx=Borg
    Days of Future Past = Terminator
    The Phoenix story has hints of Star Wars
    Apocalypse= The Mummy

Mutant Massacre is actually quite short.

OZT would be a really good one especially given the current political climate, but honestly leave out the Terminator like Bastion.

what is OZT?
    "Aim for the sun. That way if you miss, at least your arrow will fall far away, and the person it kills will likely be someone you don't know."
    -Hoid

The Mutant Massacre came out in the 80s, LONG before Nova was ever created

Inferno doesnt need Madelyne. The movies arent straight adapations of the books, but rather influenced. The concept of NY being turned into a demon hellscape is rather interesting and it happened bc of Illyana, not Madelyne. Thats something that can be spun out of New Mutants if they were to incorporate them.

Again, you dont need all that for OZT. Having someone so desperate to erradicate mutants that they convert humans into sentinels only needs one of those guys to act as a villian. IA that it works later in the franchise after mutants have been well established.

I know why the Phoenix tends to be used bu they do the line a disservice by ignoring so many other good stuff. To date, the only decent adaptation of that story has been the 90s cartoon. Its time to move onto other material
    Wait, when you say Mutant Massacre, are you talking about the Morlock Massacre?

Quote Originally Posted by Agni View Post
    what is OZT?
    Operation Zero Tolerance, the event led by basically every human X-enemy and Bastion.

Yes, thats what the crossover was called

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Problem is that most of the "big" Xmen stories look a lot like popular culture movies.

Brood= Aliens
    Phalanx=Borg
    Apocalypse= The Mummy

OZT would be a really good one especially given the current political climate, but honestly leave out the Terminator like Bastion.
    My thing is so? Especially in the age of constant remakes where movie plitlines are literally remade for new audiences, I dont see the problem with adapting X-men plots with some influences from older films

You say the Mutant Massacre was short but a movie is 2 hours on average. Thats more than enough to tell that story. The original didnt really get a resolution, which I feel a movie adaptation would need to do anyway
    Last edited by Havok83; 01-28-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

The event itself is called Mutant Massacre. The Morlock Massacre (as it's called in story) was part of the beginning but it spanned Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, X-Factor, Power Pack, Thor, and even Daredevil.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The event itself is called Mutant Massacre. The Morlock Massacre (as it's called in story) was part of the beginning but it spanned Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, X-Factor, Power Pack, Thor, and even Daredevil.
    Ah, thank you.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

Brood= Aliens
    Phalanx=Borg
    Apocalypse= The Mummy

Now that you say this. They seem less special, i didn't realize how unoriginal they were.

Also i don't think Disney would want to put villains interested in killing people just for being of one particular species or different. That seems too complicated for the MCU

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    That's the problem, FOX already did the phoenix twice, i doubt Disney would want to do it a third time. Maybe she will be there but not as phoenix
    Fox never did Jean as phoenix, but just being there. Marvel could do it without many problems, if it isn't the focus of the movies

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Fox never did Jean as phoenix, but just being there. Marvel could do it without many problems, if it isn't the focus of the movies
    How? Look at the other planet breakers:

Scarlet Witch: toned down significantly
    Thor: Only Planet Breaker at the very very end of Infinity War
    Hulk: Contrived reasons why he can't fight

It's either the focus, or she'll just be TP, TK, Empath Jean.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I always rather liked this look on Jean.

Still screw you photobucket.