Page 68 of 626 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118168568 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 9381

My main issue with X3 and what we gave seen of DP film is that Jean was seen basically as “bad” cos of either her split personality, as in X3 which we got no hint of in X1 and X2. The hints at Jean becoming Phoenix / reaching her true potential were so so exciting for me. Then came X3 which just came out of nowhere and went nowhere with Jean, who just stood around. I thought Famke did anazing job, in all3 films, wuth what she was given.

DP, i was disappointed that even as a girl Jean appears to have killed her parents, and it was hinted that Charles suppressed part of Jean to “help” her. But a child killing her parents? When are we going to see a reoresentation of Jean’s essential goodness, her heart, her compassion in the films? Portraying her as a “baddie” from the get go, is just a littke indukting, and doesn’t actualky allow us to see Jean’s fall from grace, and that is what gives Ohienix Saga and DP their heart and soul. If Jean is just portrayed as someine to be wary of from the start, how are we as audience going to warm to her?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Portsian View Post
    My main issue with X3 and what we gave seen of DP film is that Jean was seen basically as “bad” cos of either her split personality, as in X3 which we got no hint of in X1 and X2. The hints at Jean becoming Phoenix / reaching her true potential were so so exciting for me. Then came X3 which just came out of nowhere and went nowhere with Jean, who just stood around. I thought Famke did anazing job, in all3 films, wuth what she was given.

DP, i was disappointed that even as a girl Jean appears to have killed her parents, and it was hinted that Charles suppressed part of Jean to “help” her. But a child killing her parents? When are we going to see a reoresentation of Jean’s essential goodness, her heart, her compassion in the films? Portraying her as a “baddie” from the get go, is just a littke indukting, and doesn’t actualky allow us to see Jean’s fall from grace, and that is what gives Ohienix Saga and DP their heart and soul. If Jean is just portrayed as someine to be wary of from the start, how are we as audience going to warm to her?
    They decide to write female heroes the way they write make heroes. Flawed. Wolverine, Deadpool, Thor are not essentially good people and audiences love them. Guardians if the Galaxies are former criminals. Even teen Jeen in the comics was written as someone who had to learn to be shady and abuse her powers.

It’s often interesting to see a bad person learn to be good. Look at characters like Magik, or Dr. Strange who was once an arrogant surgeon.

Ultimate Member

Then again Wolverine, Deadpool, and The Guardians were never written as being anything else, with them we knew from the start that they all had VERY colorful and dark pasts and such, with Jean that was never her so it's not really the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I always rather liked this look on Jean.

Still screw you photobucket.
    Me too. If they want to revamp one of Jean’s old costumes they should do this one. I would add boots and a belt.
    First X-Lady

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

In case there were any doubts on who her romance in AoXMan is with ...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ha-1-spoilers/

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It was pretty obvious it was Bishop since months ago. I hope Marvel keeps drama at minimun but i doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    In case there were any doubts on who her romance in AoXMan is with ...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...ha-1-spoilers/
    This was spoiled quite a while ago so it's not too surprising. I still would've preferred Kurt. I think that would've made a lot more sense and would've carried a lot more dramatic weight. From the looks of it, everything here is just really generic. An entire romantic history is conjured from scratch. There's no real build and it doesn't play off of anything that was unfolding before Age of X-Man. We've seen that sort of thing before with Cyclops/Frenzy, Storm/Namor, and even Mystique/Logan with House of M. Jean is just one of those characters everyone likes to pair with, but without much depth. I get the feeling that most pairings with her are just for the her-and-not-Cyclops novelty. Even her entire attraction to Logan was initially built on Claremont just wanting her to not be with Cyclops anymore. And that's just a terrible basis for any romance.

I don't doubt that Thompson and co. will make an effort. Jean has kissed other men before and it has made for some short-term drama, but it rarely becomes more than that. I still hope it becomes a decent story in the long run.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

Scott/Jean fans shouldn't be that upset about Bean since spoilers:
    Scott is dead in this reality and according to one spoiler review, once Jean and Bishop's relationship is outed, Bishop is imprisoned and Jean is mindwiped. So it seems, Bean ends as soon as it begins.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixStudies View Post
    Scott is dead in this reality and according to one spoiler review, once Jean and Bishop's relationship is outed, Bishop is imprisoned and Jean is mindwiped. So it seems, Bean ends as soon as it begins.
    end of spoilers
    I guess she will eventually recover the memory and go further to destroy AOXan reality

end of spoilers
    Na, don't worry. We Jean/scott fans are already used to this. I believe jean/bishop will continue on the original universe don't be sad. Be happy!
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-29-2019 at 10:19 AM.

BANNED

end of spoilers
    And this will probably be undone by Apocalypse or Jean herself, so I'd not put my money on this right now.

Incredible Member PhoenixStudies's Avatar

I mean I like Scott & Jean too (when written well), I just think Jean & Bishop could be a new and interesting dynamic for a while. I would love an ongoing Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix similar to Mr and Mrs. X, but I doubt that will ever happen. I liked Scott & Emma for a while too, but that went downhill rather quickly after Morrison's run, imho.

Jean's major themes and stories center on love/relationships, rising power levels, and the Phoenix. And of course there is a lot of overlap between her Phoenix and rising power level themes/stories. But, it doesn't surprise me that she is getting a little love story in Age of X-Man.

Jean's first recurring themes were her (at first unspoken) love for Cyclops and her increasing skills with her powers. Her first major subplot of her own was her flirtation with Ted Roberts.

Mighty Member

end of spoilers
    That just means it's set up for how the storyline will conclude.

Calling it now: Jean is pregnant with Bishop's baby and will still be so when everybody returns to 616.

That will, in turn, serve as the wedge to keep her and Scott apart.

I doubt marvel wants anybody pregnant to be honest

BANNED

Awww that's no fun. Not surprising though, honestly. We have been repeatedly told that nostalgia is king.