Page 8 of 528 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108508 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 7911
  1. #106
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    new pic jean in dark phoenix
    Why do these two things look so similar, and why am I suddenly terrified?
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  2. #107
    Mighty Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    I mean...it's X3 the sequel. There's at least some cause to be concerned.

  3. #108
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,489

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Why do these two things look so similar, and why am I suddenly terrified?
    Sadly, I'm almost sure Dark Phoenix is going to be bad. Hope i'm wrong with this.

  4. #109
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Sadly, I'm almost sure Dark Phoenix is going to be bad. Hope i'm wrong with this.
    Never a good sign what they do so many re-dos, re-shoots, re-edits, and other changes.

    X3 was garbage for multiple reasons. The 90s animated series may have its flaws, but their Phoenix saga portrayal was on point.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  5. #110
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Dark Phoenix, for me, is a bad move from the beginning.
    It makes no sense to make Dark Phoenix as we've just been introduced to Jean Grey, we had no time to know her and like her that she's turning into the angel of death!
    That's just sounds plain bad for Jean who will be once again the victim of a parody of the Dark Phoenix story arc.
    Will it be worst than X3 depends for me in the amount of Jennifer Lawrence in it (the less the better!).

    Now I hope the MCU will do justice to Jean Grey (I liked Famke Jansen's performance but it all failed in X3), I think we need to see a young and energic Jean and my personnal pick for her would Jane Levy:
    jane-levy-variety-studio-at-2018-sdcc-day-2-4.jpg

  6. #111
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Dark Phoenix, for me, is a bad move from the beginning.
    It makes no sense to make Dark Phoenix as we've just been introduced to Jean Grey, we had no time to know her and like her that she's turning into the angel of death!
    That's just sounds plain bad for Jean who will be once again the victim of a parody of the Dark Phoenix story arc.
    Will it be worst than X3 depends for me in the amount of Jennifer Lawrence in it (the less the better!).

    Now I hope the MCU will do justice to Jean Grey (I liked Famke Jansen's performance but it all failed in X3), I think we need to see a young and energic Jean and my personnal pick for her would Jane Levy:
    jane-levy-variety-studio-at-2018-sdcc-day-2-4.jpg
    Unfortunately, the group of McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence appears to be all over this one as well. I know First Class was an okay movie, but this is a little much.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  7. #112
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Unfortunately, the group of McAvoy/Fassbender/Lawrence appears to be all over this one as well. I know First Class was an okay movie, but this is a little much.
    I think McAvoy/Fassbender was a good cast, the movies not so. Jennifer Lawrence is another problem. Her stardom vampirised the movies and her character has nothing in common with Mystique, it's just a clone of her hunger games character, the great revolutionnary!

  8. #113
    Mighty Member Peanutsinspace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I think McAvoy/Fassbender was a good cast, the movies not so. Jennifer Lawrence is another problem. Her stardom vampirised the movies and her character has nothing in common with Mystique, it's just a clone of her hunger games character, the great revolutionnary!
    The rumor is she might not make it in the film. One can only hope, her portrayal of Mystique is terrible.

  9. #114
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    316

    Default

    Copypaste from uncanny X-Men 9 thread...

    I hate how that they forget that Jean is an OMEGA level mutant... If anyone should be curbstomping that is Jean especially now that she is stronger than ever without the Phoenix and has the Pink form which is really OP. She could use it so as to absorb the Psychic power around her from X-Man, Legion, Apocalypse and end this or make it a good fight.

  10. #115
    homo superior gifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,152

    Default

    I do believe Jennifer Lawrence is an amazing actress, but it's the script and development of Mystique's character. She could have been an absolutely captivating Mystique just like in the comics, but her stardom enabled the writers to make her the main character of these prequels, thus what they turned her into.

    Same with Sophie Turner. She could have been an amazing Jean, but X-Men Apocalypse was so bloated that we couldn't even learn of her character, which will make Dark Phoenix less of an emotional story that it could be because no one really cares about these characters yet.

    Also, Jane Levy has been one of my favorite Jean Grey fancasts for the longest time, but remember -- we won't get an X-Men movie for quite a few years, so think about the age of the actress that will be playing her. Which also depends on what you'd like for the MCU to do for the X-Men? In terms of what age range they'll be going for. If you want a younger, later teens Jean, I'm not sure Levy would work quite as well.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

  11. #116
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I do believe Jennifer Lawrence is an amazing actress, but it's the script and development of Mystique's character. She could have been an absolutely captivating Mystique just like in the comics, but her stardom enabled the writers to make her the main character of these prequels, thus what they turned her into.

    Same with Sophie Turner. She could have been an amazing Jean, but X-Men Apocalypse was so bloated that we couldn't even learn of her character, which will make Dark Phoenix less of an emotional story that it could be because no one really cares about these characters yet.

    Also, Jane Levy has been one of my favorite Jean Grey fancasts for the longest time, but remember -- we won't get an X-Men movie for quite a few years, so think about the age of the actress that will be playing her. Which also depends on what you'd like for the MCU to do for the X-Men? In terms of what age range they'll be going for. If you want a younger, later teens Jean, I'm not sure Levy would work quite as well.
    Yes, you're right, they should make the first quick because she'salready 28, but looks young! And I could understand them going for a late teen Jean, in this case an unknown actress would make more sense!

  12. #117
    Fantastic Member thechronic92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    new pic jean in dark phoenix
    Looks good but unfortunately, the movie is going to suck. Kinberg like most writers wants to do his own version of the dark phoenix saga.

  13. #118
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,810

    Default

    I wonder if the movie is changing things slightly from the comic story, so instead of full Phoenix who then transforms into Dark Phoenix and then dies, the movie is going from Jean (with sometimes Phoenix powers) directly to Dark Phoenix but that Jean survives and will live at the end of the movie??

    I want Jean alive and powerful at the end of the movie!

    I can't take Jean dying yet again!

  14. #119
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I wonder if the movie is changing things slightly from the comic story, so instead of full Phoenix who then transforms into Dark Phoenix and then dies, the movie is going from Jean (with sometimes Phoenix powers) directly to Dark Phoenix but that Jean survives and will live at the end of the movie??

    I want Jean alive and powerful at the end of the movie!

    I can't take Jean dying yet again!
    Well, given that the movie is called dark Phoenix, and given the likely duration of the movie - 2-2.5 hours, I think it would be extremely ambitious (I.e., unlikely) that the movie does the “regular” Phoenix saga portion with so little time to tell it. This looks to be a jump straight from apocalypse to dark Phoenix. But who knows?
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member Grey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    I think for me the best case scenario would be for this movie to go straight to dvd.

    I know it’s not gonna happen... but if it did I’d still get to watch it (I actually want to seee it) but, in the event that it sucks, Disney won’t feel as dissuaded from doing their own adaptation sooner.

    If this hits theaters and turns out to be awful (maybe it won’t), i bet it would be a very long time before Disney touched Phoenix. While I would prefer disney putting off any Phoenix stories for a while regardless of this mocoe’s sucesss, a fox bomb may make that time much longer than I’d prefer
    Your favorite superhero- the one you visit these forums to talk about. Would they talk to others the way you do on this message board?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •