Page 9 of 626 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think Disney is going to touch the phoenix. Which is a shame because they could have done it right.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Disney is going to touch the phoenix. Which is a shame because they could have done it right.
    They might do some kind of Phoenix story. But I don't think they're touching Phoenix Saga and Dark Phoenix Saga with a ten foot pole.

After Fox has done it twice, there's no way Disney will do it again but the bright side is, then that means Jean stays around in the MCU much longer than she would have if they were to adapt the DPS.

Is this perfect time for the pink powers to show up?

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    First X-Lady

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    OK let's be real, after reading 8 issues of this drivel I'm convinced Jean is gonna either faint or give a speech, 50/50, people place your bets!
    I'll be more than happy to eat my words in case marvel decides to surprise us
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    The solicits already show she gets bodied either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    everyone has to lose so age of x-man can happen

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well I'm sure that no one expects Jean to win, pink form or not, legion+X-man it's just too much, I think what some of us would love is for Jean to go down fighting, personally I'm begging for a little sign that she is putting some effort into it!
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Well I'm sure that no one expects Jean to win, pink form or not, legion+X-man it's just too much, I think what some of us would love is for Jean to go down fighting, personally I'm begging for a little sign that she is putting some effort into it!
    True. I think Marvel just stated X-Man is #1 most powerful, Legion #2. They did not mention Jean at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    True. I think Marvel just stated X-Man is #1 most powerful, Legion #2. They did not mention Jean at all.
    I mean, they're not wrong. This has been the case for a long time. They had to nerf Nate Grey on at least two occasions. Ditto for Haller. They're both psuedo reality warpers. If I'm not mistaken, they once said Nate at full power could fight a fully powered Phoenix. You shouldn't want Jean on that level, because no one ever stays there. Either they get nerfed or written out, sometimes both.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    After Fox has done it twice, there's no way Disney will do it again but the bright side is, then that means Jean stays around in the MCU much longer than she would have if they were to adapt the DPS.
    By 2028, After 3 succesful MCU X-Men movies and 2 crossover movies the audience will have completely forgotten there were FOX movies before (of course it's a joke, but the audience is quite like that) and by the 5th movie they will be doing their phoenix arc just right and despite the changes to the story, we will feel that they kept the essence of the story!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    By 2028, After 3 succesful MCU X-Men movies and 2 crossover movies the audience will have completely forgotten there were FOX movies before (of course it's a joke, but the audience is quite like that) and by the 5th movie they will be doing their phoenix arc just right and despite the changes to the story, we will feel that they kept the essence of the story!
    Oh I have no doubt that they'd keep the essence of the story intact, I'm just in no hurry to see it realized on the big screen. I'd like to see a MCU Jean Grey around for a nice, long time.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

do you guys think her role in age of x-men will be good?

Oh I have no doubt that they'd keep the essence of the story intact, I'm just in no hurry to see it realized on the big screen. I'd like to see a MCU Jean Grey around for a nice, long time.
    Careful what you wish for. After the first three X-movies, Emma fans clamored for her to be in a movie.

We got... January Jones.

Yeah...

"The second greatest tragedy in life is not getting what you want. The greatest tragedy... is getting it."

After 2 movies with phoenix we have to be realists that we won't see another phoenix saga on movies for a good time