Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I have to admit that I'm not as up to date on current X-Man. I read his book in the 90s and his guest appearances then and the first two issues of Ellis' book, but after that... I know he made a brief appearance in Second Coming but the trashy way Kurt was sent off made me not give a damn about anything else going on. I'm sick of all this AU stuff and its been constant for fifteen years. We've had several already and I think they really need to do something new with the summers line, X-Man, Rachel, Cable all seem to me to be more of an effect rather than characters in these storylines. That said, I have to admit that this new AoX has me curious and I hate that because I pretty much said FU to most of the others.

Last edited by juan678; 11-05-2019 at 04:53 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    After all the X-Man momentum, Marvel should give Zac and Lonnie an X-Man maxi or ongoing after the AU ends.
    No. They should be kept far away from him. He's apparently a character that they know nothing about. Just because he looks like him and they call him Nate, doesn't mean he is because this version is completely out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    No. They should be kept far away from him. He's apparently a character that they know nothing about. Just because he looks like him and they call him Nate, doesn't mean he is because this version is completely out of character.
    What have they wrote of X-Man that’s out of character?

BANNED

What have they wrote of X-Man that’s out of character?
    Working with Apocalypse for one.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    Working with Apocalypse for one.
    Oh, that’s something that Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler wrote?

BANNED

Oh, that’s something that Zac Thompson and Lonnie Nadler wrote?
    I'm not sure who wrote that particular script.

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleDiMera View Post
    I'm not sure who wrote that particular script.
    It was Ed Brisson, Kelly Thompson, and Matthew Rosenberg. Zac and Lonnie only previously wrote him in their Cable arc, and are now only writing him in Age of X-Man: Alpha, Marvelous X-Men, and the Omega issue.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Huh. He seems like another incident of writing a character to fit the story even if it doesn't ring true with past characterization. Well, he is getting some major page time, so there's that.

Cable #157
    by: Zac Thompson, Lonnie Nadler, German Peralta, and Jesus Aburtov

He was my favorite character when I was 12 and only had access to some gorgeous pin-up art in DK’s Ultimate Guide to the X-Men. If you’d told me early last year he’d be coming back I’d be thrilled because I’d assume it would be some five issue ongoing downgraded to a limited series where Christina Strain wrote him as queer. Alas! Instead we are getting something radically different. Nate Grey was a hot guy when I was in middle school but now he is a volcel shaman with terrible hair. He was written weirdly out of character (surprising, for such a thin character) in UXM.

NEway I love him most pre-REVOLUTION shaman nonsense when he was eating trash out of garbage cans and just inhabiting vacant penthouses without paying rent. Sleeping with his mother’s cloneghost and various twunks. What a freak!

Either Nadler or Thompson (correctly!) said it didn’t matter what Nate acted like in the 90s because he looked so rad so I don’t know why they have him dressing like this.

art by Magickmarker
    Last edited by juan678; 02-11-2019 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xman View Post
    He was my favorite character when I was 12 and only had access to some gorgeous pin-up art in DK’s Ultimate Guide to the X-Men. If you’d told me early last year he’d be coming back I’d be thrilled because I’d assume it would be some five issue ongoing downgraded to a limited series where Christina Strain wrote him as queer. Alas! Instead we are getting something radically different. Nate Grey was a hot guy when I was in middle school but now he is a volcel shaman with terrible hair. He was written weirdly out of character (surprising, for such a thin character) in UXM.

NEway I love him most pre-REVOLUTION shaman nonsense when he was eating trash out of garbage cans and just inhabiting vacant penthouses without paying rent. Sleeping with his mother’s cloneghost and various twunks. What a freak!

Either Nadler or Thompson (correctly!) said it didn’t matter what Nate acted like in the 90s because he looked so rad so I don’t know why they have him dressing like this.
    This is the kind of analysis I come here to read!