Page 151 of 151 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151
Results 2,251 to 2,261 of 2261
    Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Mostly Kinberg is talking to people who have no idea what the DPS is so accuracy doesn’t matter. Yes, Logan was interested but Phoenix clearly has no interest in short and smelly. That’s held true for Jean over the years. Unfortunately they’re in the hands of a company that doesn’t seem to genuinely care about these characters anymore, so anything goes now. They do just enough to string fans of the couple along while pushing covers like this. I do understand they want (and need) to sell to as many fans as possible, but some things aren’t cool to screw with and this is one of them.
    Don't get me wrong if Logan looked like Hugh Jackman I can understand the attraction but in the comics he was a short hairy runt lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This may sound weird but...
    When was the last time Jean and Scott had sexual intercourse?
    I honestly can't remember
    Had to be before Scott came back after Apocalypse. Jean specifically mentions, in NXM 116, that they've barely touched each other since he came back. Before the merge, I'm quite sure that they had a regular sex life. However, they weren't Scott and Emma. There weren't frequent suggestive bedroom scenes. You did have a few over the years. In X FACTOR, there is a scene where they pretty obviously have just had sex. But that wasn't their relationship.

Come to think of it, there is a scene where they are talking about having kids. Not long before the merge. I remember the scene because it had pretty suggestive dialogue. Scott says something like, maybe we should talk about having kids. And Jean's reply was, just talk? So, the answer is sometime in that time frame. 1999 real time. Definitely not after he came back. Well, I guess they could retcon it in. Not in what Morrison wrote, though.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Yeah that is true. When looking online to double check myself about the Logan/ Jean image came across this quote from Simon Kinberg and that disaster of a movie:

If you know the Dark Phoenix story, you’d want to really service the love story between Logan and Jean. And I think the notion of Hugh Jackman, as great as he looks for his age, and Sophie Turner — it didn’t sit well with me. Or anyone else!

It's like yeah I know the Dark Phoenix story and what love story between Logan and Jean??? WTF! Lol
    Just another reason that movie was a disaster

Kinberg said that? Wow, no wonder why we got what we got in LAST STAND. Who was the co writer of that movie? Zach something? When that movie came out, I saw him posting on one message board. He didn't think about Jean and Logan, but he did not feel that JOTT was essential to the story. He didn't feel like that was the most important part of the story. Important maybe, but not essential. It's why he didn't have a big problem killing Scott.

Still, Kinberg thinking the Jean Logan love is a big or essential part of that story? You have to be kidding me.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    This may sound weird but...
    When was the last time Jean and Scott had sexual intercourse?
    I honestly can't remember
    A few hours after the end of Rosenberg's last issue of Uncanny X-Men, I'd wager.

Before that, probably off-panel around the time of "Eve of Destruction", just before Morrison's run (which took place 6ish months later).

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Kinberg said that? Wow, no wonder why we got what we got in LAST STAND. Who was the co writer of that movie? Zach something? When that movie came out, I saw him posting on one message board. He didn't think about Jean and Logan, but he did not feel that JOTT was essential to the story. He didn't feel like that was the most important part of the story. Important maybe, but not essential. It's why he didn't have a big problem killing Scott.

Still, Kinberg thinking the Jean Logan love is a big or essential part of that story? You have to be kidding me.
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/247...-simon-kinberg

Yeah even the article writers have no clue.

Simon Kinberg makes a fair point. On the one hand, there was a love triangle between Cyclops, Jean Grey and Wolverine in the comics era when The Dark Phoenix Saga was published

Seriously? Lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    A few hours after the end of Rosenberg's last issue of Uncanny X-Men, I'd wager.

Before that, probably off-panel around the time of "Eve of Destruction", just before Morrison's run (which took place 6ish months later).

Don't agree with this. While Lobdell's interim run made no mention of any marital problems, nor did we see them interacting like a couple. Cyclops had the Corsair solo issue and Jean they both had significant roles in EOD, but pretty much separate.

Scott didn't come back, have sex with her then decide he had all these issues with intimacy. Like it or not, he came back with the issues. You didn't see them before Morrison because we didn't see him as a husband before Morrison. Well, the Casey issue which showed issues as well.

Now, personally, I'd guess that Lobdell didn't see the situation the same way as Morrison. Still, if you are trying to reconcile their work, nothing in Lobdell's run hinted at any romance. As I said, though, it could be retconned in. it's not a ridiculous stretch although I think a stretch, to say they slept together then Scott realized he had all these issues to work out. Not that any of that would change much. LOL, what needs to be retconned is Morrison's run.

Thanks for the srticle link. Nope, doesn't look like either Kinberg or the author get it. Least not the comics story I read. It came to me after I posted. I think that writer's last name was Penn. I believe that he was at least the co writer of LAST STAND.

Mighty Member

Don't agree with this. While Lobdell's interim run made no mention of any marital problems, nor did we see them interacting like a couple. Cyclops had the Corsair solo issue and Jean they both had significant roles in EOD, but pretty much separate.

Scott didn't come back, have sex with her then decide he had all these issues with intimacy. Like it or not, he came back with the issues. You didn't see them before Morrison because we didn't see him as a husband before Morrison. Well, the Casey issue which showed issues as well.

Now, personally, I'd guess that Lobdell didn't see the situation the same way as Morrison. Still, if you are trying to reconcile their work, nothing in Lobdell's run hinted at any romance. As I said, though, it could be retconned in. it's not a ridiculous stretch although I think a stretch, to say they slept together then Scott realized he had all these issues to work out. Not that any of that would change much. LOL, what needs to be retconned is Morrison's run.
    Any answer is headcanon. Technically, I don't think Scott and Jean have ever had sex on-panel. There have been suggestive makeout scenes that imply they're about to (i.e. the butte scene in Dark Phoenix Saga, Jean comforting Scott in Fall of the Mutants, etc.), but that's it.

So, since it's all headcanon anyway, I'm pretty comfortable in thinking Scott and Jean shagged each other silly at least once shortly after The Search for Cyclops ended.

Incredible Member

In those sort of books, noone has literally had it on panel. I've seen Scott and Emma in panels clearly leading up to it, though. The scene after FALL OF THE MUTANTS it's pretty blatant that JOTT had sex. One panel they are kissing and then Scott is putting his shirt on in a later panel. Jean is in the panel and I think it was Bobby walks in on them. Not some of the Scott/Emma blatant I saw, but pretty blatant. I suppose the scene in X MEN 24 also leads one to believe that they are probably about to have sex.

I once read a fan fiction story set right after SEARCH where they had sex. It dealt strongly with Apocalypse's effect on him. Had a lot more positive end than the comics. Well, it was written by a big Jott fan.

Mighty Member

I suppose the scene in X MEN 24 also leads one to believe that they are probably about to have sex.
    Since (IIRC) Jean is only wearing a bedsheet in that scene, I always read it as they'd just had sex. Then, Scott being Scott, he was back to brooding and angsting afterward. Jean being Jean, she then got up to comfort him which, I suppose, could be read as implying she's coaxing him back to bed for Round 2.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Nobody posted this before but i also liked this cover. The DPS saga in general treats their relationship in such a beautiful way. It ends badly but They are so in love on that story and it is so epic and whole some and sad.
    ___76880686_121734035967275_4783700017212349205_n.jpg

EMA6h-rXsAEKkXY.jpg
    EGmd4MjWwAATqVe.jpg

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Since (IIRC) Jean is only wearing a bedsheet in that scene, I always read it as they'd just had sex. Then, Scott being Scott, he was back to brooding and angsting afterward. Jean being Jean, she then got up to comfort him which, I suppose, could be read as implying she's coaxing him back to bed for Round 2.

Now I think I remember the bedsheet. Weren't they also talking about having a feeling that danger was on the horizon? Or words to that effect. I'm pretty sure the last panel has a silhouette of Magneto's helmet. FATAL ATTRACTIONS started the next month.

X MEN 24 was c couples issue. Rogue and Gambit as well. There is a an exchange between Jean and Scott that I instantly thought of when Scott was insisting that Jean read his mind in Morrison's run. In XM 24, he explicitly did not want that. Let's talk. No psychic rapports, good old fashioned communication(Scott's words).