Page 143 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    But Jean/Scott/Emma is so basic. I wants to see DVs and DPs, women are always expected to participate in threesomes but the devil threesome is frowned upon. Mutants are progressives though, so I expect an orgy.
    What you for real? DP and DV

Quote Originally Posted by Black Queen View Post
    What you for real? DP and DV
    Yes, I am serious.

Fantastic Member Legaldrugdealer's Avatar

Scott and Jean by Claudio Castellini

Oh, I hope this doesn’t come off as offensive, I am trying to understand what makes this ship iconic after all the mess/betrayal it went through.
    Nothing that's happened made it less iconic, as in the ultimate representation of an X-Men romance. They've got too much history to lose that achievement. It's not how "iconic" it is that interests me personally, it's the strength of the bond between the two characters, it's their history, and yes it's there struggles.

The X-Men is at it's heart, a story of finding hope in a shared struggle. Charles rounded up five oddball teenagers and forged them into a team. Time, maturity and adversity forged them into a family. In many ways Jean and Scott's relationship is the ultimate expression of that. They represent the strongest, and longest lasting connection between any two X-Men. Found family yes, but found lovers and confidantes even more so. They have unfailing had each other's backs over the many years of their shared adventures and somehow, have managed to live along they way. They represent for the X-Men, an example of two people who have found their way through the chaos. They fell in love, were separated, reunited and married and they've raised a child together. They did all that in the context of perhaps the most relationship unfriendly lifestyle and experiences possible. No other X-Men couple has come close to the level of mutual commitment they've shown.

At their best they compliment each other perfectly. Scott's steady, common sense approach serves to ground Jean's metaphysical and emotionally centered world and gives her some bedrock to work with when her more chaotic side takes over. She adores his mind and has a deep respect for his level of commitment and his abilities. For her part, Jean facilitates his emotional expression in way he so often struggles to do on his own. She softens his rougher edges and she curbs his more radical and single-minded tendencies. She's brave and bold in a way Scott struggles to be, and inspires him to cling to the better aspects of his nature. She's a big part of why he fights, evident from the decided lack of fight he has in him when she dies.

Beyond their basic compatibility, there's a real acceptance and commitment to overcome the challenges in the relationship. Despite the fact that Jean comes preloaded with a Phoenix powered time bomb, Scott never shies away from his love for her. He knows from experience that there will be tough times ahead for them, and he fears for their future but his radical belief in their ability to overcome any challenge keeps him buckled in. He's willing to let her flames burn him, to ash if necessary. She's also headstrong, impulsive and has an impressive temper, but Scott tends to take it all in stride. For Jean's part, she accepts Scott's built in relationship deficiencies. She's patient with his moody nature and his struggles to communicate his emotions. She understands his bizarre relationship with grief, his fierce need for control and she has a deep compassion for his troubled psyche, seeing more clearly, and more completely into him than anyone else.

Of course, as we all know, they're not always at their best. This relationship does have negative elements, or rather the capability for negative elements that some writers can lean into. It's easy for Jean to take reliable Scott for granted I think. It's just as easy for Scott to rely too much on Jean's telepathy to avoid difficult emotional challenges in their relationship. Instead of helping him grow emotionally, she could be a crutch. As we saw in NXM, this is exactly the kind of vulnerability that Morrison could run with.

That said, when the two of them fight for each other and their relationship, there's no adversity they can't overcome. They are indelibly imprinted onto each other lives and are each other's first, best destiny. It is precisely because of these facts that they're relationship breakdowns in NXM are so difficult to accept. So why do I still care when everything I wrote pretty much became moot almost two decades ago? That mostly comes down to my belief that their bond is unbreakable. No matter what happens down the line, they will find their way back to each other, because they want to be together. That has been shown over and over from early X-Men issues in the 60's and every decade since, including in the last few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Nothing that's happened made it less iconic, as in the ultimate representation of an X-Men romance. They've got too much history to lose that achievement. It's not how "iconic" it is that interests me personally, it's the strength of the bond between the two characters, it's their history, and yes it's there struggles.

The X-Men is at it's heart, a story of finding hope in a shared struggle. Charles rounded up five oddball teenagers and forged them into a team. Time, maturity and adversity forged them into a family. In many ways Jean and Scott's relationship is the ultimate expression of that. They represent the strongest, and longest lasting connection between any two X-Men. Found family yes, but found lovers and confidantes even more so. They have unfailing had each other's backs over the many years of their shared adventures and somehow, have managed to live along they way. They represent for the X-Men, an example of two people who have found their way through the chaos. They fell in love, were separated, reunited and married and they've raised a child together. They did all that in the context of perhaps the most relationship unfriendly lifestyle and experiences possible. No other X-Men couple has come close to the level of mutual commitment they've shown.

At their best they compliment each other perfectly. Scott's steady, common sense approach serves to ground Jean's metaphysical and emotionally centered world and gives her some bedrock to work with when her more chaotic side takes over. She adores his mind and has a deep respect for his level of commitment and his abilities. For her part, Jean facilitates his emotional expression in way he so often struggles to do on his own. She softens his rougher edges and she curbs his more radical and single-minded tendencies. She's brave and bold in a way Scott struggles to be, and inspires him to cling to the better aspects of his nature. She's a big part of why he fights, evident from the decided lack of fight he has in him when she dies.

Beyond their basic compatibility, there's a real acceptance and commitment to overcome the challenges in the relationship. Despite the fact that Jean comes preloaded with a Phoenix powered time bomb, Scott never shies away from his love for her. He knows from experience that there will be tough times ahead for them, and he fears for their future but his radical belief in their ability to overcome any challenge keeps him buckled in. He's willing to let her flames burn him, to ash if necessary. She's also headstrong, impulsive and has an impressive temper, but Scott tends to take it all in stride. For Jean's part, she accepts Scott's built in relationship deficiencies. She's patient with his moody nature and his struggles to communicate his emotions. She understands his bizarre relationship with grief, his fierce need for control and she has a deep compassion for his troubled psyche, seeing more clearly, and more completely into him than anyone else.

Of course, as we all know, they're not always at their best. This relationship does have negative elements, or rather the capability for negative elements that some writers can lean into. It's easy for Jean to take reliable Scott for granted I think. It's just as easy for Scott to rely too much on Jean's telepathy to avoid difficult emotional challenges in their relationship. Instead of helping him grow emotionally, she could be a crutch. As we saw in NXM, this is exactly the kind of vulnerability that Morrison could run with.

That said, when the two of them fight for each other and their relationship, there's no adversity they can't overcome. They are indelibly imprinted onto each other lives and are each other's first, best destiny. It is precisely because of these facts that they're relationship breakdowns in NXM are so difficult to accept. So why do I still care when everything I wrote pretty much became moot almost two decades ago? That mostly comes down to my belief that their bond is unbreakable. No matter what happens down the line, they will find their way back to each other, because they want to be together. That has been shown over and over from early X-Men issues in the 60's and every decade since, including in the last few months.
    Oh wow, beautifully written I must admit.

I do believe they are the “X-Men romance couple” although Scemma comes close to it. I don’t deny the relationship was at its peak at some point but some of the things you mentioned like their incompatibility, I see it more as a hindrance than complimentary. As seen in the long run, they ended up cheating on one another.
    Once Emma came into the picture, he cheated, Jean was not faithful either. They couldn’t overcome their urges and the challenge, they chose the easy way out which led me to believe the love is dead.

art by mejiro9272

jean and scott family

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post

Nice! That looks great. Is this a print or a commission you bought? If so, definitely think about framing it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by mejiro9272

jean and scott family

Aww! Loving the family feels.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by mejiro9272

jean and scott family

Cute, i hope we get to see more family interactions
    Its a shame marvel is more interested in drama

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Nice! That looks great. Is this a print or a commission you bought? If so, definitely think about framing it.
    Thank you sir! It's a commission. When I saw that he was coming to nycc I knew I had to commission him. Was expensive but I needed to get a commission from him. He actually balked at my original request for a motu character as he was unfamiliar but was happy to do this. Yeah I need to frame this and my Joelle Jones romance cover one from a few years ago.

Oh wow, beautifully written I must admit.

I do believe they are the “X-Men romance couple” although Scemma comes close to it. I don’t deny the relationship was at its peak at some point but some of the things you mentioned like their incompatibility, I see it more as a hindrance than complimentary. As seen in the long run, they ended up cheating on one another.
    Once Emma came into the picture, he cheated, Jean was not faithful either.
    I can't agree that their personalities, on the whole, were a hindrance to each other. I don't think any evidence of that actually exists, while evidence certainly exists that they were able to sustain each other through many impossible situations.

What they were was an established and central relationship to the X-Men. So established in fact that after nearly 20 years of absence, they remain the preeminent couple in the X-Line. When Morrison decided the X-Books needed shaking up, Jean and Scott were a high priority target because their relationship was such a large part of the status quo for so many years. Breaking that down was an easy way to shake the apple cart.

For us fans of the pairing it was blow, no doubt. I'm not going to try and rationalize why the affair happened on panel because I know the impetus for it was off-panel. It was a means to an end. Morrison knew that like driving past an accident, people wouldn't be able to look away. You know it'll be grim but there's a part of you that has to look. Kirby said that comics will break your heart. Although he was talking about being a creator, I think this is just as true when applied to passionate, long term fans.

They couldn’t overcome their urges and the challenge, they chose the easy way out which led me to believe the love is dead.
    Well, clearly anyone here to celebrate the greatest ship in Marvel comics disagrees. Luckily, the last few years have been a renaissance for Jott. Between Phoenix Resurrection, Blue, Extermination and Uncanny, it's clear Marvel is not done telling stories about this couple, and it's equally clear that our favorite couple are just as passionate about each other as they've ever been. Remember that no death is permanent in comics
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 10-09-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post

That's very nice. I have to admit I appreciate when an artist draws Jean with some muscle tone. Scott is just shredded there. Those legs! Between the two of them I suspect stamina isn't a problem.

Here's a Scott and Jean commission from nycc. Just had to get a Jean in this costume by Sabine Rich as I love her work. I can't get over how sultry Jean looks here.
    Last edited by Legaldrugdealer; 10-11-2019 at 07:32 AM.

Double post

art by sandiaconbichos