Page 1 of 151 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default Jean & Scott- The Phoenix & Cyclops Appreciation 2019

2018 was a good year for the relationship, 2019 will probably be very controversial, but things are always difficult for this relationship and here we still are
    link to the old thread
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-Appreciation
    ____PHXRES2017003-Hans-Var-FINAL.jpg
    _____________________Dt6rpVEU8AAGqXJ.jpg large.jpg
    DMYZRl6X4AAC65o.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-01-2019 at 11:15 AM.

following the previous discussion, apparently if we count the time displaced O5 journey, Jean's first kiss was with Beast and her fist kiss with Scott was on all new x-men vol.2 #19
    fdhjj.jpg
    not very romantic but thankfully we also got these ones after
    lkdufd.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    hopeful this is not forgotten, even if they date other people, not being stuck on Morrison's portrayal can only be better.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-01-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Happy New Year to one of my favorite relationships in comics .

BANNED

"She is the most beautiful woman in the world".

X-Men #30 is still an emotional ride after all these years.

X-Men030p11.jpg

BANNED

Also, best impractical kiss of history. Lobdell's Jott is still a joy to remember (from Uncanny #292).

jean_and_scott.jpg
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 01-01-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Incredible Member

He used to got knocked on RACMX for how he wrote them. I was like, if this is writing them wrong, sign me up for writing them wrong. Personally, I think UXM 308 might be Lobdell's best JOTT issue.
    He had several of them, though. IIRC, he wrote the issue in the movie theatre. X MEN 57 or 59?
    That is an excellent Jott issue.

Jean and Scott seeing each other again, this time on a "we're both alive and back here for real" way rather than another temporary "visit", should be a big moment... I'm hoping it's gonna be treated as such.

This episode of Jay & Miles X-plain the X-men was so good. it made me tear up a little. There was a time were Jean and Scott were this super serious commited and lovely couple, a family. it makes me really sad how everything has changed. Like no other couple will ever be that good but it doesn't matter if marvel keeps throwing the relationship crap.
    http://xplainthexmen.tumblr.com/post...en-episode-229
    cablejean.jpgcutecable1 - copy.jpg__________1505672088428.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jean and Scott seeing each other again, this time on a "we're both alive and back here for real" way rather than another temporary "visit", should be a big moment... I'm hoping it's gonna be treated as such.
    I hope too, but i'm not sure. Their reunion even if they don't get back together is something that has been teased throught the 14 years they have been apart, the problem is that marvel will do it just exactly after pairing Jean with someone else. Seem very anticlimatic, I really hope they treat it with care and respect
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-02-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope too, but i'm not sure. Their reunion even if they don't get back together is something that has been teased throught the 14 years they have been apart, the problem is that marvel will do it just exactly after pairing Jean with someone else. Seem very anticlimatic, I really hope they treat it with care and respect
    Right now, my gut instinct is that Marvel is setting up a new triangle so as to hit the reset button on Jott. Something to the effect of Jean being paired off with someone new and Scott having to gradually earn her back, capped off a few years down the road with Scott and Jean renewing their vows or somesuch.

The logical place to go with them--reuniting, piecing their marriage back together, and working to rebuild the X-Men as an organization--is a direction, I suspect, that Marvel finds too easy and obvious. The editors and writers' instinct is to try and subvert that somehow and maximize the drama.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    Right now, my gut instinct is that Marvel is setting up a new triangle so as to hit the reset button on Jott. Something to the effect of Jean being paired off with someone new and Scott having to gradually earn her back, capped off a few years down the road with Scott and Jean renewing their vows or somesuch.

The logical place to go with them--reuniting, piecing their marriage back together, and working to rebuild the X-Men as an organization--is a direction, I suspect, that Marvel finds too easy and obvious. The editors and writers' instinct is to try and subvert that somehow and maximize the drama.
    I have the same feeling. Unfortunately, it's already a big mess with Logan and Emma on the sides. Adding another person doesn't seem like such a good idea. Whoever the character is, I feel bad for them.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

following the previous discussion, apparently if we count the time displaced O5 journey, Jean's first kiss was with Beast and her fist kiss with Scott was on all new x-men vol.2 #19
    fdhjj.jpg
    lkdufd.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    hopeful this is not forgotten, even if they date other people, not being stuck on Morrison's portrayal can only be better.
    Although the fact that Jean's first kiss was not Scott, takes away much romanticism from the subject, I think that it was already like that before, she was with Ted Roberts before and I don't know if she would have had a boyfriend before him, at least they have not changed that her first time was with Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I have the same feeling. Unfortunately, it's already a big mess with Logan and Emma on the sides. Adding another person doesn't seem like such a good idea. Whoever the character is, I feel bad for them.
    I think the same, we can only wait and see what they will give us in the future, there is only one thing that I am sure we will have and unfortunately it is much more drama.

Edit: nothing.
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 01-04-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Double post.
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 01-04-2019 at 05:51 AM.

fdhjj.jpg
    lkdufd.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    No her first kissed was with Tyke, her second Warren. Jeen is Jean so in Hopeless run X men season one she gives Tyke a kissed. This kissed happen before Adult Hank gets them cause 05 Hank was about to quit being a x men when he got them. When Jeen and Tyke kissed Hank is still with the x men but he walks out about a week later. Tyke was trying to write Jeen a love letter xD.

kissed05.jpg

Anyways, is late but Happy new year and hope Jott happens but as friends for now.

I didn’t think Season One was canon. That Jean is not the same teen Jean Hopeless would write in her solo.