Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Default Jean & Scott- The Phoenix & Cyclops Appreciation 2019

2018 was a good year for the relationship, 2019 will probably be very controversial, but things are always difficult for this relationship and here we still are
    link to the old thread
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...s-Appreciation
    ____PHXRES2017003-Hans-Var-FINAL.jpg
    _____________________Dt6rpVEU8AAGqXJ.jpg large.jpg
    DMYZRl6X4AAC65o.jpg
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-01-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

following the previous discussion, apparently if we count the time displaced O5 journey, Jean's first kiss was with Beast and her fist kiss with Scott was on all new x-men vol.2 #19
    fdhjj.jpg
    not very romantic but thankfully we also got these ones after
    lkdufd.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    hopeful this is not forgotten, even if they date other people, not being stuck on Morrison's portrayal can only be better.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-01-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Happy New Year to one of my favorite relationships in comics .

BANNED

"She is the most beautiful woman in the world".

X-Men #30 is still an emotional ride after all these years.

X-Men030p11.jpg

BANNED

Also, best impractical kiss of history. Lobdell's Jott is still a joy to remember (from Uncanny #292).

jean_and_scott.jpg
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 01-01-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Incredible Member

He used to got knocked on RACMX for how he wrote them. I was like, if this is writing them wrong, sign me up for writing them wrong. Personally, I think UXM 308 might be Lobdell's best JOTT issue.
    He had several of them, though. IIRC, he wrote the issue in the movie theatre. X MEN 57 or 59?
    That is an excellent Jott issue.

Jean and Scott seeing each other again, this time on a "we're both alive and back here for real" way rather than another temporary "visit", should be a big moment... I'm hoping it's gonna be treated as such.

All-New Member

Is the white haired guy with the blonde girl Quicksilver?

Today I found this:
    https://www.cbr.com/toxic-superhero-romances/
    I mean it's CBR I know but it's really sad that Jott is on the list, the worst is that the arguments against are all against Scott and it seems that Jean was a victim in all this, "Scott is just a bad partner, seemingly for anyone Jean just has to deal with it most often. " It's sad because this is exactly the kind of thinking that many fans of Jean have, either because they don't know the full story, prefer to ignore it or simply don't care.

BANNED

This is the point a lot of Jean's fans seem to make, as far as I've seen and, coming from CBR, it's no surprise. Putting Scott on the same list as Pym, Jean Loring and Talia Al Ghul is straight up insane, but I already know whose fans will eat it up. At least after AoXM Omega they'll have their heart's wish.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Today I found this:
    I mean it's CBR I know but it's really sad that Jott is on the list, the worst is that the arguments against are all against Scott and it seems that Jean was a victim in all this, "Scott is just a bad partner, seemingly for anyone Jean just has to deal with it most often. " It's sad because this is exactly the kind of thinking that many fans of Jean have, either because they don't know the full story, prefer to ignore it or simply don't care.
    CBR makes up the worst lists. I have no opinion on them, but Kitty and Star Lord? She's had more toxic pairings like the one with Piotr

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Today I found this:
    An article some person spent a day on to take up space for a day.
    I truly believe that Scott and Jean were made for each other.
    Unfortunaely in order to sell comics drama must be given. It is for this reason that married couples dont have a good track record in the MU. Does anyone really believe that Rogue and Gambit are going to stay together?!!
    My only hope is that Jean and Scott can have a servicable relationship someday. ....
    After this Bishop thing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    following the previous discussion, apparently if we count the time displaced O5 journey, Jean's first kiss was with Beast and her fist kiss with Scott was on all new x-men vol.2 #19
    fdhjj.jpg
    not very romantic but thankfully we also got these ones after
    lkdufd.jpg
    fgt.jpg
    hopeful this is not forgotten, even if they date other people, not being stuck on Morrison's portrayal can only be better.
    Although the fact that Jean's first kiss was not Scott, takes away much romanticism from the subject, I think that it was already like that before, she was with Ted Roberts before and I don't know if she would have had a boyfriend before him, at least they have not changed that her first time was with Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I have the same feeling. Unfortunately, it's already a big mess with Logan and Emma on the sides. Adding another person doesn't seem like such a good idea. Whoever the character is, I feel bad for them.
    I think the same, we can only wait and see what they will give us in the future, there is only one thing that I am sure we will have and unfortunately it is much more drama.

Edit: nothing.
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 01-04-2019 at 05:51 AM.

Double post.
    Last edited by Cyke is Slim; 01-04-2019 at 05:51 AM.