Page 17 of 151 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Morrison felt that Scott needed a more realistic relationship than the "high school crush that never grew up" he supposedly had with Jean. Morrison was going through his own personal self-imposed hell at the time. I think it was mostly catharsis for him, wrapped up in some kind of lofty statement about how juvenile comic book relationships were. You're right though. HCT made the affair irrelevant. Supposedly Morrison's plan was to bring Jean back before wrapping his run.
    Dang! His personal problems messed up my favourite ship. Gg Morrison.
    I once read that he didn’t want to kill her. But Oh well, the harm is done. I hope Rosenberg handles the ship with grace, respect and romance.

Mighty Member

But he said in Exterminated that he did lot's of things he wasn't proud of and offered his condolences to Rachel over Cable's death of all things. Slate clean.
    I think, he was talking about fans reaction rather than the character. Like readers give Cyclops hard time n zero sympathy but are cheering for Bishop n jean.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    But isnt that what a regular depressed/ PTSD vicitim feels like? They always blame themselves, self-loathing, and are too afraid to face anyone. It’s exactly what Scott has been doing.
    Scott is constantly blaming himself, when in reality it’s more than just him who fucked up ... it’s pretty clear Cylclops is in need of some mental help.

And I understand, many X-Men have suffered some sort of trauma .... but the symptoms are showing on Scott. Like Crystal Clear.
    The problem is that Scott's been like that since the 60's. Which I guess likely means he's been deeply traumatized since the 60's.

Bottom line; the other X-Men and the fans blame Scott way more than Jean ever will. The reason is that Jean knows Scott and she knows how he ticks. The rest of them were content to let him fly the plane, make the hard calls and accept the consequences. Once the mission was over, Scott was generally avoided by everyone else. Most of them didn't care to understand Scott.

Jean and Emma were the only one's who every really tried with him consistently. Charles would have rather had an obedient soldier. Alex was always too caught up in his own issues. Even Maddie only wanted the white picket fence husband, his history and trauma be damned.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 01-18-2019 at 11:14 PM.

Mighty Member

The problem is that Scott's been like that since the 60's. Which I guess likely means he's been deeply traumatized since the 60's.

Bottom line; the other X-Men and the fans blame Scott way more than Jean ever will. The reason is that Jean knows Scott and she knows how he ticks. The rest of them were content to let him fly the plane, make the hard calls and accept the consequences. Once the mission was over, Scott was generally avoided by everyone else. Most of them didn't care to understand Scott.

Jean and Emma were the only one who every really tried with him consistently. Charles would have rather had an obedient soldier. Alex was always too caught up in his own issues. Even Maddie only wanted the white picket fence husband, his history and trauma be damned.
    Aww, and that’s why I really love Jean with Scott. And Emma too. Both of them were trying to be there for Scott, the rest of the X-Men r garbage xD

From X-Factor to...

....UXM #308

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    From X-Factor to...

....UXM #308

Damn - Romita's art actually makes me wish it was Liefeld instead. It would actually be an upgrade.

I had to look up who the penciller was on that issue. Those faces are some of the worst I have ever seen.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Damn - Romita's art actually makes me wish it was Liefeld instead. It would actually be an upgrade.

I had to look up who the penciller was on that issue. Those faces are some of the worst I have ever seen.
    Romita draws her like she has collagen injections done on her lips.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post

Romita draws her like she has collagen injections done on her lips.
    Lmao xD you guys cracked me up

From X-Factor to...

....UXM #308

It's moments like these that make the Cyclops/Jean relationship so special.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member

SO much posted here that I just fundamentally disagree with. Scott has ALWAYS been this self loathing, insecure character? Just simply not true. HEY rendered the affair noot? Uh, no. Morrison's Scott was so screwed up in the head that he isn't responsible for the affair because he couldn't tell right from wrong? He had been deeply traumatized, as many, many heroes had over the years, he wasn't a walking basket case.

What was done to Scott in HER will, I suspect, continue to be a source of debate because it is simply being interpreted differently by different people. In my view, it contradicts what Morrison said in multiple interviews if Jean made Scott choose Emma, put feelings there that weren't there. For the umpteenth time, she freed him to choose her. Freed him of the despair and regret that kept him from moving on with his life. LOL, Morrison envisioned Scemma as the next great X couple. And the author's intent is that Jean out Scott's feelings for Emma there? I sure don't think so and I'd wager money that wasn't the author's intent.

As always, different strokes for different folks. Everyone is entitled to their view, but that doesn't mean I have to share that view. Like with Jean and Scott as individual characters. Seems to me that the majority here are looking for them to be a whole lot more flawed than I am. Sort of moot with Scott at this point, but when I was reading the books not what I was looking for. Every character has some flaw. However, there is flawed and there is FLAWED.

Liefeld over Romita? Don't see that very often.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    SO much posted here that I just fundamentally disagree with. Scott has ALWAYS been this self loathing, insecure character? Just simply not true. HEY rendered the affair noot? Uh, no. Morrison's Scott was so screwed up in the head that he isn't responsible for the affair because he couldn't tell right from wrong? He had been deeply traumatized, as many, many heroes had over the years, he wasn't a walking basket case.

What was done to Scott in HER will, I suspect, continue to be a source of debate because it is simply being interpreted differently by different people. In my view, it contradicts what Morrison said in multiple interviews if Jean made Scott choose Emma, put feelings there that weren't there. For the umpteenth time, she freed him to choose her. Freed him of the despair and regret that kept him from moving on with his life. LOL, Morrison envisioned Scemma as the next great X couple. And the author's intent is that Jean out Scott's feelings for Emma there? I sure don't think so and I'd wager money that wasn't the author's intent.

As always, different strokes for different folks. Everyone is entitled to their view, but that doesn't mean I have to share that view. Like with Jean and Scott as individual characters. Seems to me that the majority here are looking for them to be a whole lot more flawed than I am. Sort of moot with Scott at this point, but when I was reading the books not what I was looking for. Every character has some flaw. However, there is flawed and there is FLAWED.

Liefeld over Romita? Don't see that very often.
    Those faces might be Romita's worst work. They make me think of the face stretching device from Star Trek: Insurrection.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Jean and Bishop is just as WTF inducing as Scott and Emma given the characters pasts. It amazes my how much Rrrhate we got for Scott yet Bishop is welcomed back like nothing happened even after Hunting Hope and Cable through time like Elmer hunting Wabbits.
    I personally think that most of Jean's fans don't agree that she goes out with Bishop, those who see it well are just those who either hate Scott or want Jean to sleep with other guys no matter who.
    Sincerely, Jean and bishop seem almost as bad as Scott and Emma.

Jean and Emma were the only one's who every really tried with him consistently. Charles would have rather had an obedient soldier. Alex was always too caught up in his own issues. Even Maddie only wanted the white picket fence husband, his history and trauma be damned.
    This is so sad, Jean and Scott are my favorite X-men, but many times I just prefer them to stay away from the X-men. The X-men appreciate Jean and it's fine but as for Scott ... the treatment he has received is horrible.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Jean and Bishop is just as WTF inducing as Scott and Emma given the characters pasts. It amazes my how much Rrrhate we got for Scott yet Bishop is welcomed back like nothing happened even after Hunting Hope and Cable through time like Elmer hunting Wabbits.
    It's either some weird morality thing or just plain hatred for Scott. There are people who are either OK with Jean's kiss with Logan in NXM, because "Scott did worse" or just don't think it was that bad. Same thing with Lucas, the man who killed billions, tried to kill a baby and, most of all, tried to murder Jean's son for years. But it's ok because the people Lucas killed are less real than Scott's thoughts with Emma and should not matter because "at least he didn't hurt Jean". Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    It's either some weird morality thing or just plain hatred for Scott. There are people who are either OK with Jean's kiss with Logan in NXM, because "Scott did worse" or just don't think it was that bad. Same thing with Lucas, the man who killed billions, tried to kill a baby and, most of all, tried to murder Jean's son for years. But it's ok because the people Lucas killed are less real than Scott's thoughts with Emma and should not matter because "at least he didn't hurt Jean". Go figure.
    I found many fans that think that Bishop was ruined for the sake of Hope's story, so most probably waw him as a victim too. Even when the crap that Bishop pulled is still canon and there is not "he was brainwhased" explanation yet. If you ask me, i think that is just a weird "levelling the field" mentality. Like "Scott got his romance with someone that wasn't Jean, she should have chance to do the sam", well fair enougth, but there is probably better choices than Bishop or Namor lol.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona