Page 70 of 151 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2261

Jean Scott Trailer today

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Jean Scott Trailer today
    Loved this part of the trailer. Hope we get some great moments between these two in the movie. X3 did not do this love story justice and it looks like Dark Phoenix will make a genuine attempt to right that. I still suspect it's going to end tragically, just like the original did in the comic. But that's exactly what makes the love story between Scott and Jean so impactful. And if this movie can capture that, it will have done a huge service to this iconic romance and the X-Men franchise.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Jean Scott Trailer today
    Oh god, they are smiling!

despite my pessimism with this film i'm going to see it only for the portrayal of this relationship (hopeful a good one)
    i miss when these characters could have good, cute not dramatic interactions. too bad marvel doesn't want their interactions to be good on the books.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 04-17-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Incredible Member

Sort of how I feel. I can't help but feel some degree of pessimism based on the movies' history with the couple. Still, I'll definitely see the movie,. Maybe they'll surprise me and do a good job this time. I guess we'll know in a couple of months.

Literally one second footage. Scott says, "Did you hear what the kids are calling you? Phoenix." They are walking and smiling.

Replace Storm with Scott and what difference does this make?

God, how low are our standards?!
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 04-17-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Literally one second footage. Scott says, "Did you here what the kids are calling you? Phoenix." They are walking and smiling.

Honestly it's only that same person being overly optimistic with literally anything all the time. It kind of getting me on my nerves tbh lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Honestly it's only that same person being overly optimistic with literally anything all the time. It kind of getting me on my nerves tbh lol.
    I feel you. Same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Literally one second footage. Scott says, "Did you here what the kids are calling you? Phoenix." They are walking and smiling.

And kids are calling her Phoenix??? Really?/

Anyone feel like Marvel Master was abducted and replaced
    I used to read his reviews a few years ago and they're so different from his "everything is awesome" posts these days.

Why would that bother you?

I really like what I saw in the trailer. It looks like Scott and Jean will have some real, dramatic moments together. Those are the kinds of moments that made the original Dark Phoenix Saga so iconic and what makes the Scott/Jean relationship so compelling. We never got those moments in the original trilogy. I'm genuinely thrilled to see that we will likely get those in this movie.

But seriously, why does my attitude upset you? I'm not being facetious or anything. I mean it when I say I loved the trailer and I'm excited about this movie. I get that it's not going to be a panel-for-panel retelling of the comics. No movie ever is. But it doesn't have to be in order to capture the spirit of the story or the Cyclops/Jean romance.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Why would that bother you?

I really like what I saw in the trailer. It looks like Scott and Jean will have some real, dramatic moments together. Those are the kinds of moments that made the original Dark Phoenix Saga so iconic and what makes the Scott/Jean relationship so compelling. We never got those moments in the original trilogy. I'm genuinely thrilled to see that we will likely get those in this movie.

But seriously, why does my attitude upset you? I'm not being facetious or anything. I mean it when I say I loved the trailer and I'm excited about this movie. I get that it's not going to be a panel-for-panel retelling of the comics. No movie ever is. But it doesn't have to be in order to capture the spirit of the story or the Cyclops/Jean romance.
    Will you be doing a movie review when this comes out

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Anyone feel like Marvel Master was abducted and replaced
    I used to read his reviews a few years ago and they're so different from his "everything is awesome" posts these days.
    I assure you I was not abducted or replaced. I'm the same guy I always was.

In general, I think things are better today than they were several years ago, at least with respect to the X-Men movies and the comics. This is especially true for Scott/Jean. X-Men Blue gave us so many great moments. Then, there were those sweet, sincere scenes in Phoenix Resurrection. Why wouldn't people in this thread be encouraged by that? I know there are a lot of ongoing complications in the current comics, but that's part of the fun. That's part of the challenge that these characters go through and it's part of what makes them great.

I admit I was a lot more cynical during the era of Matt Fraction and Avengers vs. X-Men. Thankfully, things have gotten better since then and looking back on it, I'm glad went through those rough times. It makes appreciating the current state of affairs that much more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Will you be doing a movie review when this comes out
    Absolutely!

And I will try to make an effort to be fair. I've seen a lot of people being overly petty about this movie, going out of their way to hate it for reasons that are petty. I see those same people making every possible excuse for an MCU movie, no matter what the flaws may be. That's just how some people are wired.

But based on everything I've read and seen about Dark Phoenix, I think there's a lot to like about it. I'm going in with a genuinely hopeful attitude and yes, that will probably influence me. But I will still try to be balanced in my assessment. That, I can promise.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I assure you I was not abducted or replaced. I'm the same guy I always was.

In general, I think things are better today than they were several years ago, at least with respect to the X-Men movies and the comics. This is especially true for Scott/Jean. X-Men Blue gave us so many great moments. Then, there were those sweet, sincere scenes in Phoenix Resurrection. Why wouldn't people in this thread be encouraged by that? I know there are a lot of ongoing complications in the current comics, but that's part of the fun. That's part of the challenge that these characters go through and it's part of what makes them great.

I admit I was a lot more cynical during the era of Matt Fraction and Avengers vs. X-Men. Thankfully, things have gotten better since then and looking back on it, I'm glad went through those rough times. It makes appreciating the current state of affairs that much more satisfying.
    Lol, yeah I remember the first time I saw one of your old reviews, I was like "wow, that's a lot of cursing", but they were interesting to read.

I think now we are just used to being wary about these things and being skeptical, so when someone gives an all out positive review on something we're cynical and not willing to readily accept it.

I just checked and it seems you still review a few Comics, I'm going to check them out now.