Page 72 of 151 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2261
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Well the whole Maddie looking like Jean in the beginning was stupid anyways. Claremont didn't get the original ending be wanted for the Dark Phoenix saga and then came up with Maddy. Then I feel like when they brought Jean back, that screwed that up and seems like he's had a vendetta against Scott ever since. I could not stomach that x-men forever storyline where Jean ends up with Logan and then Beast. I could deal with the Logan part, but then beast then be died too. I was joking around who is next,sabertooth? Lol
    Maybe magneto.
    Lol or worse Xavier.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Legaldrugdealer View Post
    Well the whole Maddie looking like Jean in the beginning was stupid anyways. Claremont didn't get the original ending be wanted for the Dark Phoenix saga and then came up with Maddy. Then I feel like when they brought Jean back, that screwed that up and seems like he's had a vendetta against Scott ever since. I could not stomach that x-men forever storyline where Jean ends up with Logan and then Beast. I could deal with the Logan part, but then beast then be died too. I was joking around who is next,sabertooth? Lol
    Shooter's mistake was allowing Maddie to exist in the first place. Just tell Claremont "either use him or let another writer take him" and that's it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Shooter's mistake was allowing Maddie to exist in the first place. Just tell Claremont "either use him or let another writer take him" and that's it.
    For someone known for his ironclad rules, Shooter gave waaaay more leeway to Claremont than he deserved. Madelyne's concept should have made him go "wait, this is just wrong" on the spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    Claremont was probably under editorial orders to pave the way for X-Factor. Scott and Madelyne were happy in X-Men/Alpha Flight.
    They were still in the honeymoon phase in that crossover as it took place not much longer after the wedding. I actually think that story was what was the beginning of the end for them as it reminded him what it meant to be an X-man. He missed the adventure. He got pulled back and was not there for Maddie when she gave birth bc he was off being a hero. He tried to be a leader again despite her objections. By the time we see him in Xfactor, he’s unhappy bc leading a mundane family life took its toll on him and he’d rather be a superhero, making a difference in the world. The trajectory made sense to me and didn’t come out of left field. I don’t believe he’d have ever been able to truly be happy with Maddie. He had to deny a core aspect of himself to be with her and that rarely ends up well
    P
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-19-2019 at 10:10 AM.

By the way, whenever I read "Scott abandoned Maddie" I like to remark that if they call me and they say that my dead girlfriend has risen I would also like to go and say hello.

Scott did badly but Maddie was not understanding either, giving him an ultimatum. To say that Scott abandoned Maddie for Jean is to simplify, his plan was to go, see and come back but he was stuck for a week with X-Factor and when he came back Maddie had already disappeared and Scott was cold with Jean out of respect for his marriage . People talk as if Scott had spit Maddie in the face and thrown himself into Jean's arms.

Sure is alot of Maddie talk in the Jott thread.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    By the way, whenever I read "Scott abandoned Maddie" I like to remark that if they call me and they say that my dead girlfriend has risen I would also like to go and say hello.

Scott did badly but Maddie was not understanding either, giving him an ultimatum. To say that Scott abandoned Maddie for Jean is to simplify, his plan was to go, see and come back but he was stuck for a week with X-Factor and when he came back Maddie had already disappeared and Scott was cold with Jean out of respect for his marriage . People talk as if Scott had spit Maddie in the face and thrown himself into Jean's arms.
    It was more than a week. I think 2 weeks passed within X-Factor 1. It was more like 1-2 months by the time he actually went back to Alaska. He definitely handled that poorly, but didnt leave Maddie for Jean as you mention

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was more than a week. I think 2 weeks passed within X-Factor 1. It was more like 1-2 months by the time he actually went back to Alaska. He definitely handled that poorly, but didnt leave Maddie for Jean as you mention
    Okay, I was wrong, I think it took less time to call but Maddie did not take it (because she was already gone)

Anyway, when Jean absorbed the memories of Maddie and Phoenix in Inferno everything was complicated because Marvel pretended that now they all counted as the same person.

I don't think they ever pretended she was the same as Maddie because of that, even(especially, actually) at that time. It's just JDW being weird on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Given the nature of Maddie's existence, and how she was created both in and out of the universe, it can difficult to separate the two in regards to Scott.

BANNED

Maddie gave Scott what Jean and Emma never could. I wouldn’t mind him getting back together with her seeing as the original is taken. The first wife who loved him the most.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    I think that what happened with maddie was something tragic and trascendental. It's when Marvel gave up on the characters and relationship integrities, the start of the love triangles and the drama. Not only for Jean and Scott but for everybody else.

How her character and relationship were deconstructed, was so sad and ugly and marvel tried to do something similar with Jean and jott, also further damaging scott's character.

In a weird way Maddie is and will always be very important for these characters and whatever relationships they develop after.

BANNED

It never was explained if Maddie was programmed to be attracted to Scott. What if he shot his shot and missed? That would of been all for not. We know Scott would have been attracted to Maddie but what if she didn’t find him attractive. Im guessing Sinister implanted the attraction to Scott in her Brain or he was just confident that Scott would be able to seal the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Retcon View Post
    It never was explained if Maddie was programmed to be attracted to Scott. What if he shot his shot and missed? That would of been all for not. We know Scott would have been attracted to Maddie but what if she didn’t find him attractive. Im guessing Sinister implanted the attraction to Scott in her Brain or he was just confident that Scott would be able to seal the deal.
    It was explained. Maddie's attraction to Scott was bc she was a piece of Jean. The very first word she uttered upon waking up from her test tube was Scott and that was bc she had the piece of Jean's soul that loved Scott from the Phoenix. Inferno goes into the details and doesnt leave many questions in terms of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It was explained. Maddie's attraction to Scott was bc she was a piece of Jean. The very first word she uttered upon waking up from her test tube was Scott and that was bc she had the piece of Jean's soul that loved Scott from the Phoenix. Inferno goes into the details and doesnt leave many questions in terms of this.
    Thats...very terrifying. Would they have gone with this if X-factor hadnt happened?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.