Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2261

Cyclops sounds like he drank too much kool-aid. He's not acting like himself. Why would he take Jean on a suicide mission? And why would Jean let him go on one, maybe that's why she tagged along.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

They all sound like obedient puppies or extremist cult members. I didn't believe it at first but there is definitely something creepy going on.

Quote Originally Posted by thechronic92 View Post
    Cyclops sounds like he drank too much kool-aid. He's not acting like himself. Why would he take Jean on a suicide mission? And why would Jean let him go on one, maybe that's why she tagged along.
    I still think they are being brainwashed by Xavier

BANNED

Cyclops takes the team on vacation in savage land.
    Haters: Why would Scott take them on a SUICIDE mission?What an *******,jerk.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Isn't that what X-men always do?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman is disappointing me so far. The interaction was so sterile and lacked life. His Jean thus far is boring and generic.
    They interactions were interchangable, as two people that know the other exist but don't have any kind of relationship

Quote Originally Posted by fsger View Post
    They interactions were interchangable, as two people that know the other exist but don't have any kind of relationship
    As a minimum the interaction was as people who are very close, Jean didn't tell Scott the civilians thing when everyone was talking, she stayed behind with him and they entered the ship together apart from the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Isn't that what X-men always do?
    No, I don't recall any suicide bomber mission.

If I was going on a mission like this I'd definitely want Jean along. The TK/TP fury combo? They've been heroing so long they are WELL PAST the nonsense of "you stay here, its dangerous"
    If any X'er said that to their significant other, past or present, that mutant would be all "Muthafuzah, our frigging school/mansion/bunker/island/etc GETS BLOWN THE EFF UP on the regular and I'm just tryin' to catch up on my audible book or wash my hair or fry an egg but oh sure I can't go to space cuz DANGER. Pffffffft get out my way, where's my seatbelt? Tryin' to tell ME its too dangerous OMG"

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    they moved...and talked...hey, people ship couples that do a lot less than haha.
    But it depends on the fandom & pairing. When you had a legit long-term relationship that spammed decades like Jott did, such bland interaction is disappointing when they've been apart so long. Sad as it is, Rosenberg did better with their interaction than Hickman is for the moment.

When it comes to certain characters & relationships, history will determine what you expect -whether it's more or less.

It's nice to see Jott on good working terms, but this is a case where fans expect more ground covered with depth given.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hickman is disappointing me so far. The interaction was so sterile and lacked life. His Jean thus far is boring and generic.
    I liked HOX 1 and 3, but I do agree there hasn't been much character work that isn't Moira. I love Larraz, and Gracia compliments him perfectly but the art has been more stand-out than a lot of the character work.

We get some nice small things like one Cuckoo putting on Emma's shades, Logan with the kids, or Scott vs. Reeds. But never anything genuinely touching, major, or exciting.

But I think some called this months ago, saying that personal relationships & pairings aren't a focal point for Hickman so much as complex plot detail and weaving events. After hearing summaries of his work, I kinda figured most of the more personal interactions would be in Dawn of X and this will mainly be world building & mission. All business.

So I am reading for the art & hopefully some badass action /physical showings, but not expecting anything personable with the characters.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-29-2019 at 06:43 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Scott had to take Jean cuz Betsy was too busy stopping Kwannon from trying on all her clothes.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Scott had to take Jean cuz Betsy was too busy stopping Kwannon from trying on all her clothes.
    Since Betsy got them while "in" the Asian body why would Kwannon need to try them on? I would image Betsy was too busy trying to sort out what outfits still fit.
    Last edited by MikaelNovasun; 08-29-2019 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Meanwhile Rachel is upset that her parents wont even let her die with them

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Not exactly a jott variant but I liked it.
    Thanks to Tycon for sharing it
    EDJRvKdXYAEkUL0.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Not exactly a jott variant but I liked it.
    Thanks to Tycon for sharing it
    EDJRvKdXYAEkUL0.jpg
    Cyclops and Jean Grey riding a dinosaur together. Yeah, that sounds exactly like something they would do on date night.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.