Page 133 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2261

Quote Originally Posted by lucasjacobus View Post
    I don't think it's a big deal. Shows she's not single but wants to keep her identity.
    I don't know anyone who goes by Mrs. who isn't married though I know some who do the reverse.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    but she's not married as her death (and later Scott's) ended that. Her being called Mrs. in current continuity is alarming and seems deliberate as if her marital status has changed in Hickman's run
    There are no rules that state this to be 100% fact other than JDW suggesting it slightly. They're both alive now. As far as Hickman is concerned that may mean that they're still married, and Jean has in the past since her resurrection said SHE considers herself still married.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

but she's not married as her death (and later Scott's) ended that. Her being called Mrs. in current continuity is alarming and seems deliberate as if her marital status has changed in Hickman's run
    Exactly. They revealed this for a reason. The reason could have been sadism though. There's just too much going right on this particular front ATM to not wonder you know.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 07-17-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    There are no rules that state this to be 100% fact other than JDW suggesting it slightly. They're both alive now. As far as Hickman is concerned that may mean that they're still married, and Jean has in the past since her resurrection said SHE considers herself still married.
    Not that it matters bc it gets ignored but Jean went by Ms. Grey in Red, not Mrs.

... Yes. When Scott was dead. He's not now, and she's going by Mrs.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

I've said it before. There was no "til death due us part" in those vows of their. They may not legally be married at this point but, and this is controversial for sure, nothing that has happened has nullified their actual vows. Still would be nice to get some kind of resolution but if Hickman wants to paper over the problem, so be it.

I also don't really think the legality matters. Especially not in comics.

I also don't really think the legality matters. Especially not in comics.
    but its something that needs to be addressed. We cant just have them together and their legal status not come up. I think it defintiely matters

but its something that needs to be addressed. We cant just have them together and their legal status not come up. I think it defintiely matters
    Maybe to you. Maybe to most of us. Does it matter to Hickman? Don't get me wrong, I've been barking up the long form resolution tree for years. Others prefer things be resolved quick and clean. We may never get the full story whether it's straight up or a bait and switch.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I loved the issue and it is obvious they still love each other but I don't think they (or anybody) mentioned that they were back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Maybe to you. Maybe to most of us. Does it matter to Hickman? Don't get me wrong, I've been barking up the long form resolution tree for years. Others prefer things be resolved quick and clean. We may never get the full story whether it's straight up or a bait and switch.
    And to be honest I don't know that it's something that needs to be addressed in story or even that it should be. Yes, it would be nice to know, but... is it relevant to the story that Hickman or that another writer is telling? Let's be honest: no. It would take up precious page space. Let an editor, or Hickman himself, answer that question.

Yeah, I think you're right. I remember it now.

It was a flashback, though...
    I just found it, UXM #376. It was a flashback.

The last "real time" one would be on that issue where he freaks out with Jean's wearing her old green Phoenix costume. Bachalo drew it... UXM #355. It was followed by a really enjoyable arc with the O5.

(Sorry, I don't know how to post images yet)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lucasjacobus; 07-17-2019 at 06:01 PM.

... Yes. When Scott was dead. He's not now, and she's going by Mrs.
    If they are back together, Jean could be going by mrs. as a statement about the relationship. Even if that statement is just the writer trying to subtly say they are back together without taking too much panel space away from the rest of the story. Maybe someone else will pick that up in a flashback story.
    Dark does not mean deep.

I just found it, UXM #376. It was a flashback.

The last "real time" one would be on that issue where he freaks out with Jean's wearing her old green Phoenix costume. Bachalo drew it... UXM #355. It was followed by a really enjoyable arc with the O5.

(Sorry, I don't know how to post images yet)
    Scott looks like something out of Darksiders, so i'm going to assume than that artwork is Joe Madureira.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

And to be honest I don't know that it's something that needs to be addressed in story or even that it should be. Yes, it would be nice to know, but... is it relevant to the story that Hickman or that another writer is telling? Let's be honest: no. It would take up precious page space. Let an editor, or Hickman himself, answer that question.
    Right.

What have we asked for? Less relationship drama. Check.

If it comes out an issue or annual down the line, fine. I'm also fine just letting Hickman play his hand and glossing over it. Some other writer will dig in that's more interested if he's not.