Page 5 of 151 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FUBAR007 View Post
    I think it means 1 of 2 two things:

1) Thompson feels the story he and his colleagues have written is really that good and that, even if it involves keeping Scott and Jean apart, it's still so good that it will win over the fan he was responding to.

2) Thompson is hinting that it's part of a longer Jott reconciliation arc so the fan he was responding to will be "surprised" because it actually ends with Scott and Jean back together.

We shall see.
    I wish!

He’s always tweeting about Red n Slym ( Jott ) ... so I really hope that’s the direction they’re going for.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well Marvel's still giving us the run around with Mary Jane and Peter so I'm not expecting Jott to happen as soon as they warm up Scott's corpse.
    Aren’t they back tgt?

JDW ady said there’s gonna be tons of drama .. so there’s that.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Well Marvel's still giving us the run around with Mary Jane and Peter so I'm not expecting Jott to happen as soon as they warm up Scott's corpse.
    Well said. I think anyone assuming the worst with Cyclops/Jean at this point is just being melodramatic. It was a given that Cyclops was going to return at some point. I also think it's a given that he and Jean won't reconcile immediately, if only because that's not a very interesting story. As we're seeing with Peter/Mary Jane, there's plenty of room to make that it's own plot. And that's a good thing. It shows that a relationship has complexity. If Cyclops and Jean just got back together as soon as they were both alive, then that wouldn't reflect the depths of their relationship very well. Its true strength shows when obstacles get in the way. That has done wonders for Peter/Mary Jane and I think the same can occur with Cyclops/Jean. My only concern is that it'll devolve into another love triangle and we've already had way too many of those.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbz_A View Post
    Aren’t they back tgt?

JDW ady said there’s gonna be tons of drama .. so there’s that.
    And I say let's welcome that drama. Quality drama builds quality relationships. And that's exactly what Cyclops/Jean needs.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Not trying to be rude the writer of age of x-man, but it's likely he's telling you guys not to give up on the book because he wants it to sell well. Which I don't blam him for, but if you ship cyclops/jean, you'l probably be disappointed by what goes on if she's kissing another guy. I don't see how that can be spun into a posisitive light. Maybe if anything we'll see a scene where Jean has reluctance because of missing Cyclops, but that'll probably be the extent of it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Well said. I think anyone assuming the worst with Cyclops/Jean at this point is just being melodramatic. It was a given that Cyclops was going to return at some point. I also think it's a given that he and Jean won't reconcile immediately, if only because that's not a very interesting story. As we're seeing with Peter/Mary Jane, there's plenty of room to make that it's own plot. And that's a good thing. It shows that a relationship has complexity. If Cyclops and Jean just got back together as soon as they were both alive, then that wouldn't reflect the depths of their relationship very well. Its true strength shows when obstacles get in the way. That has done wonders for Peter/Mary Jane and I think the same can occur with Cyclops/Jean. My only concern is that it'll devolve into another love triangle and we've already had way too many of those.
    And I say let's welcome that drama. Quality drama builds quality relationships. And that's exactly what Cyclops/Jean needs.
    Sure I want complexity and a build up story for their romance ... I want it to be earned and well written. Thing is, they are involving a third party .. I don’t mind them re-working their relationship but adding more love triangles will just make it worse.

If Jean will mistreat Cyke .. and move on. I feel like it’s Scott’s right to move on ... the poor guy was hung up on her and when there’s a chance of reunion ... they don’t make it. I don’t mind drama , if it’s good drama ... no love triangle ... no affair. It’s been done and it didn’t end up or resonate well with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Not trying to be rude the writer of age of x-man, but it's likely he's telling you guys not to give up on the book because he wants it to sell well. Which I don't blam him for, but if you ship cyclops/jean, you'l probably be disappointed by what goes on if she's kissing another guy. I don't see how that can be spun into a posisitive light. Maybe if anything we'll see a scene where Jean has reluctance because of missing Cyclops, but that'll probably be the extent of it.
    That’s right! I agree with you.

I’m just gonna get UXM #11 ... and see what they do with Cyclops. I can’t believe we will only see their reunion in July or August .. GG

Mighty Member

It was a given that Cyclops was going to return at some point. I also think it's a given that he and Jean won't reconcile immediately, if only because that's not a very interesting story. As we're seeing with Peter/Mary Jane, there's plenty of room to make that it's own plot. And that's a good thing. It shows that a relationship has complexity. If Cyclops and Jean just got back together as soon as they were both alive, then that wouldn't reflect the depths of their relationship very well. Its true strength shows when obstacles get in the way. That has done wonders for Peter/Mary Jane and I think the same can occur with Cyclops/Jean. My only concern is that it'll devolve into another love triangle and we've already had way too many of those.
    I disagree.

But, then, I'm an old fart. I've been an X-fan and a Jott shipper since 1991. To me, Scott and Jean's relationship has already been "earned". Those dues have already been paid multiple times over and with interest. I don't need to read and have no interest in their "getting together" story. I've already read that story. Scott and Jean picking up where they left off is exactly the story I want to read.

In my mind, Scott and Jean are middle-aged and world-weary, scarred by years of upheaval and trauma. At the same time, they know each other inside and out. Given their history, they know each other better than two people ever have. The appropriate question before them isn't "who are we to each other?"; they already know that. The appropriate question is "where do we go from here?".

Marvel, though, is approaching them as if they're still relatively young--27-30ish and still establishing themselves in the scheme of things. Newer X-Men fans, particularly those who've only started reading in the past few years, only know Jott as a historical artifact, and that's who Marvel is aiming at. The more I think about it, the more I think Marvel could be out to effectively hit the reset button on Scott and Jean and do another cycle of the will-they-or-won't-they phase of their relationship. If for no other reason than to give the current generation of readers their own version of Jott.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

I disagree.

But, then, I'm an old fart. I've been an X-fan and a Jott shipper since 1991. To me, Scott and Jean's relationship has already been "earned". Those dues have already been paid multiple times over and with interest. I don't need to read and have no interest in their "getting together" story. I've already read that story. Scott and Jean picking up where they left off is exactly the story I want to read.

In my mind, Scott and Jean are middle-aged and world-weary, scarred by years of upheaval and trauma. At the same time, they know each other inside and out. Given their history, they know each other better than two people ever have. The appropriate question before them isn't "who are we to each other?"; they already know that. The appropriate question is "where do we go from here?".

Marvel, though, is approaching them as if they're still relatively young--27-30ish and still establishing themselves in the scheme of things. Newer X-Men fans, particularly those who've only started reading in the past few years, only know Jott as a historical artifact, and that's who Marvel is aiming at. The more I think about it, the more I think Marvel could be out to effectively hit the reset button on Scott and Jean and do another cycle of the will-they-or-won't-they phase of their relationship. If for no other reason than to give the current generation of readers their own version of Jott.
    You have every right to your opinion as those younger. Besides, while some allude to it being nostalgia, it's really just the history and lives those characters have endured. It still needs to be respected since Marvel doesn't do reboots. I agree with your perspective on redoing the "will-they-won't-they", but in all honesty the set up seems to be pretty hollow as of now. I'm not sure what to expect, but if it's a redo of what we got with their younger selves with slight differences, I'm out.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Mighty Member

I disagree.

I know right! I mean we have ady read their love story and how they became a couple. If Jean was resurrected while Cyclops was alive. We know for a fact they would have resumed their relationship .... So it makes no sense why they wouldn’t just get back together and move on from there.

I do want a new build up or a new view on the relationship but it’s tiring to see them go through the same hassle and cycle. The way marvel is going to handle the relationship is as if their whole history didn’t exist, or as if their bond was not strong. These two literally raised a son tgt for 12 years and dealt with much worse and complicated circumstances. The approach marvel is taking is very underwhelming and it kinda disrespects Jott history ... at least that’s how I see it.

I am very disappointed btw I can’t believe u were a fan in 1991 haha I wasn’t even born. But I gotta say I agree with you a 100% ... I mean, this has nothing to do with our ages, it’s just how it’s suppose to be. Who would read Jott history and go like “we need to reset it” ... makes no sense.

I started reading comics after Jeans death and all that fiasco but I did read all Jott past history ... which plays a very big role in X-Men franchise and Cyclops character. So Marvel should know that most of their readers pretty much know all about their relationship and repeating all the drama n obstacles they faced wouldn’t really help or gain anyone’s interest.

Btw do you know the target audience age for X-men comic? Most of their loyal fans are old readers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    You have every right to your opinion as those younger. Besides, while some allude to it being nostalgia, it's really just the history and lives those characters have endured. It still needs to be respected since Marvel doesn't do reboots. I agree with your perspective on redoing the "will-they-won't-they", but in all honesty the set up seems to be pretty hollow as of now. I'm not sure what to expect, but if it's a redo of what we got with their younger selves with slight differences, I'm out.
    You know, I have dropped X-Men comic twice now;

1) For Killing Off Jean
    2) For Killing Off Cyclops

I guess, not reuniting Jott would be my third tome dropping it. And to be honest, it’s not like the stories are great and gravitating so I won’t be missing much lol

Incredible Member

I disagree.

I became a Jott shipper 20 plus years before you. I guess I'm a really old fart. Now, if I were still invested in the couple the way I once was I sure wouldn't want some long road to reconciliation. It's already been a 15 year wait. Now I want another 3-5 year wait? No thanks.

But Marvel did what they did with the couple. Something, btw, they sure as hell didn't do with PEter and MJ. Anecdotally, I don't think they alienated their fans to the degree that did Jott.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think it means 1 of 2 two things:

1) Thompson feels the story he and his colleagues have written is really that good and that, even if it involves keeping Scott and Jean apart, it's still so good that it will win over the fan he was responding to..
    This is the answer.
    Which it really isn't that difficult given that marvel has been treating the relationship like trash for almost 15 years.
    Like people will take jean with hank fucking pym if marvel actually does cute funny stuff, same for scott. People just want to read about romance, about cute, romantic and sometimes sexy stuff. The point of reading this is to have fun. Which is something marvel has been hellbent on don't doing with scott and jean.
    Which freaking sucks because, you can write any two people falling in love and kissing and stuff like that. That really isn't unique but jean/scott is about soulmates and fate and family. Thats stuff that cant be done with any of them with other person.

It looks like we'll be getting some Scott and Jean interacting in UXM 11 in some capacity

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It looks like we'll be getting some Scott and Jean interacting in UXM 11 in some capacity

When Jean was resurrecting in PR she was a waitress, now that Scott is resurrecting he meets a redhead waitress very similar to Jean ... chance? destination?

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    When Jean was resurrecting in PR she was a waitress, now that Scott is resurrecting he meets a redhead waitress very similar to Jean ... chance? destination?
    The outfit is very similar as is the hairstyle. I think that is intended to be Jean, not simply someone that looks like her. Scott may be having a dream where events from PR may be remembered even if he isnt quite sure how.