Page 115 of 151 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2261
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, i wouldn't worry about Logan, Marvel always prefer him single so i doubt they would do anything regarding him or Jean. I would be more worried about Emma, she is probably not going to come out looking good after this.
    Yeah, I don't expect an actual relationship to start, but I can definitely see them teasing the idea for drama. On top of that, I'm not sure how Logan will continue to view Scott and I could see them having him advise Jean, along with a few other X-men, to try something different. In fact, I'm not even sure how the rest of the X-men will react to him being alive. Also, at this point, I'm not even sure what's going on with Emma.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 06-14-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Their interaction on PR went that way because they both knew they had just a few moments before Scott turned to dust again, though, so context matters in this case.
    Right so if you only have a few seconds to say what you want to say to someone who may be gone forever, do you lie, or do you say what's in your heart? I think the interaction was entirely genuine.

And, yes, I know she was shown as loving him on the Red annual, that comes right after chronologically, but things could still have changed with the time she spent single plus whatever feelings for Bishop that she retains and however she saw Scott's actions in her absence.
    Why would you assume that things have changed? No one on panel (most importantly Jean), or any creator has said anything to this effect. There's been opinions galore about what people think is best for Jean and Scott but no one has actually said either of their feelings have changed.

You know, for being in the Jott thread, I often feel like I'm one of the few who's still bullish on their future...

Also worth noticing that Scott is on a worst spot than he's been on both X-Factor and New X-Men, since he has been shown as downright suicidal, from Bendis to Rosenberg. He won't go back to Emma, which is fairly obvious, and I doubt he'd want anything with Jean, more for her own sake than anything.
    Well, I'm not sure about that. Remember this?

I'm not even sure that was his lowest point in X-Factor actually. The point is that Scott kind of always falls into this pattern after a separation. He feels inadequate and Jean needs to remind him that he's not. Some times repeatedly and forcefully, but she's done it twice now because she loves him. If we accept that hasn't changed, it makes sense she tried again. Look at what they've already persevered through. There's nothing on the table that insurmountable.

At least that's how I view it, since my depression has been hitting me without brakes on the past weeks and, when I put myself on Scott's shoes, that's the kind of thing I'd had in mind. When you hate yourself as people like us do, it's kind of hard to feel like you'd be anything but a burden on your loved ones. Given that has been a consistent portrayal of Scott, I'd say that's how things will go.
    I don't have much personal experience with depression but my eldest daughter has suffered from it for many years. I've seen how debilitating it can be. I hope you have some support and if you don't that you find some. What I can say for sure being a father of a young adult with clinical depression, I've never felt my daughter was a burden although I know she's felt that way. I'd like to think most families would say the same. The people who love you will never see you that way and they are also in the best position to provide support. I don't know your personal situation but cutting ourselves off from loved ones because we're worried were unworthy is understandable, but it's not good for us.
    Last edited by Ulfhammer; 06-14-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Yeah, I don't expect an actual relationship to start, but I can definitely see them teasing the idea for drama. On top of that, I'm not sure how Logan will continue to view Scott and I could see them having him advise Jean, along with a few other X-men, to try something different. In fact, I'm not even sure how the rest of the X-men will react to him being alive. Also, at this point, I'm not even sure what's going on with Emma.
    I approve of both Jott and Jlogan, so I wouldn't mind either. I'm a flexible shipper

But in this case, for this thread, I'm Jott all the way!

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    You know, for being in the Jott thread, I often feel like I'm one of the few who's still bullish on their future...
    Morale seems to be low at the moment, but your posts serve as a reminder that there's still hope. Hopefully the pendulum swings back in our favor sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I approve of both Jott and Jlogan, so I wouldn't mind either. I'm a flexible shipper

But in this case, for this thread, I'm Jott all the way!
    I guess you have a win-win situation, there.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Morale seems to be low at the moment, but your posts serve as a reminder that there's still hope. Hopefully the pendulum swings back in our favor sooner than later.
    We've got to be like trauma surgeons. So long as there are signs of life, don't give up. Then if the patient expires, we resuscitate.

More like lose-lose, as I think Marvel is not gonna go Jean/Logan either lol.

I felt good about the future of Jean and Scott reuniting until I started reading what the current writers of the X-series are saying. Most have worshiped at the altar of Morrison and view comic relationships as a drag on the character of the female. In the future...I see them both being shown strongly and well....just not with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I felt good about the future of Jean and Scott reuniting until I started reading what the current writers of the X-series are saying. Most have worshiped at the altar of Morrison and view comic relationships as a drag on the character of the female. In the future...I see them both being shown strongly and well....just not with each other.
    Unless it's Hickman saying it, I don't really think it matters too much. Supposedly the guy has a free wheel, at least for now. In other news, Marvel did just marry Rogue and Gambit.

Unless it's Hickman saying it, I don't really think it matters too much. Supposedly the guy has a free wheel, at least for now. In other news, Marvel did just marry Rogue and Gambit.
    Arent these writers going to continue on other X-related book in the future?

I certainly hope not

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

I certainly hope not
    Same. I am terrified of Williams or Rosenberg continuing to write any of the characters I like. Pak is still a possible danger though.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Their interaction on PR went that way because they both knew they had just a few moments before Scott turned to dust again, though, so context matters in this case. And, yes, I know she was shown as loving him on the Red annual, that comes right after chronologically, but things could still have changed with the time she spent single plus whatever feelings for Bishop that she retains and however she saw Scott's actions in her absence.

Also worth noticing that Scott is on a worst spot than he's been on both X-Factor and New X-Men, since he has been shown as downright suicidal, from Bendis to Rosenberg. He won't go back to Emma, which is fairly obvious, and I doubt he'd want anything with Jean, more for her own sake than anything. At least that's how I view it, since my depression has been hitting me without brakes on the past weeks and, when I put myself on Scott's shoes, that's the kind of thing I'd had in mind. When you hate yourself as people like us do, it's kind of hard to feel like you'd be anything but a burden on your loved ones. Given that has been a consistent portrayal of Scott, I'd say that's how things will go.
    Hang in there, man. I have been in some rough spots myself, I know it's hard. But don't give up.

Getting back on topic, I'm not sure if it was intentional, but Scott being depressed and nearly suicidal in Bendis' run would explain some of the out of character and out of the blue choices he made in the end of the run (closing the school on a whim, telling Emma off, etc).

This has been true before and it didn't stop them. That's why Jean had to push so hard, both in the early UXM and early X-Factor. In X-Factor in particular I'd argue that he was just a self loathing as anytime since Morrison's run. Their relationship failed in NXM because Jean stopped pushing and Scott started pushing back.
    And here's why I strongly disagree with the idea some have that their problems, and Scott eventually getting closer and falling for Emma, were out of character. They were facing problems before, but the difference is that Scott's PTSD was even worse than what he had faced before, so he was more resistant than ever, while Jean was dealing with her own issues with the Phoenix rising again, so she had less incentive try to connect with him.

And at the same time Emma was the one making that push to connect with him (even if her motives weren't to help Jean at all), and it would make sense for him to open to her because not only she was the only one pushing it, would be hard for Scott to talk about marital and sexual issues about Jean when literally everyone on the team has wanted to sleep with Jean at some point- Beast, Logan, Xavier, throw Warren in there too, if you like. Emma was the one person that liked Scott, and only him, while everyone else, if push comes to shove, probably liked her more.

As long as they're not writing Scott & Jean as regulars, I don't think it will matter much.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Same. I am terrified of Williams or Rosenberg continuing to write any of the characters I like. Pak is still a possible danger though.
    I have tons of writers I'd want who are working at DC right now that I'd want on X-books. I'm really struggling to see some DC writers who would have open contracts by the time Wave 1 books were being written. I guess I'll have to wait to see some turnover from DC writers to Marvel for Wave 2 books, but I really don't like any writers who have had control of X-characters this past year and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    More like lose-lose, as I think Marvel is not gonna go Jean/Logan either lol.
    Don't hurt me like this.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    I have tons of writers I'd want who are working at DC right now that I'd want on X-books. I'm really struggling to see some DC writers who would have open contracts by the time Wave 1 books were being written. I guess I'll have to wait to see some turnover from DC writers to Marvel for Wave 2 books, but I really don't like any writers who have had control of X-characters this past year and a half.
    Jim Zub is writing two new books coming soon, one of them might be X-related. Duggan will do something that Emma appears- might be a one-shot, a team book, or even something in which she's just a guest, we don't know. They're both good.